Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#101 Old 28th May 2018 at 9:58 AM
^I've got the same problem, too. It's like I am still logged in, because my login info is still in the SimPE window, but everything else is greyed out, and the E-mail is gone (I think it used to be there). Help topic with picture of the issue here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=612659

I'm in Europe, and our home net has been acting up a bit the past few days (my laptop even restarted out of the blue, not sure why - but the net was slower afterward the rest of that day), so it might be that update.

I sort of managed to fix the issue by making a new account via SimPE, but I'd rather use the old account.

On the SimPE site, I found my name in the profile, but the E-mail is gone.
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#102 Old 28th May 2018 at 2:04 PM
Damn - I did volunteer to Quaxi when he visited recently to help keep the site up and running but that didn't get done (I wasn't the only volunteer I think).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
#103 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:33 AM
I sent another email to Quaxi on June, 1st, but I have no response yet.

Fairy Forest - Downloads for the Sims
Alchemist
#104 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 2:52 PM
It was working fine for me (in the US) until this weekend. I had to register a new account.
Mad Poster
#105 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 8:07 PM
I downloaded the SimPE in this thread, but it seems to be missing information about global BHAVs - they just show up as "Unknown BHAV" instead of the name of the BHAV. Is there a fix for that? I'm inclined to just go back to using the old one and registering objects manually.
Test Subject
#106 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 12:04 AM Last edited by SimMaven : 16th Jun 2018 at 1:05 AM.
Trying out SimPE v.75. Looks good so far, and I have only one nit to pick: in the list of career names, "Education" is misspelled "Eductaion". Since that's a simple typo, it should be an easy fix - if anyone can find it.

Edit: Specifically, it shows up misspelled in the dropdown list on the Career tab when viewing individual Sims.

Update: "Oceanography" is misspelled too - it's missing that first a (Ocenography).

If there's a way I can fix it myself, please somebody let me know and I will. Have tried overriding with "additional_careers.xml" file, but that didn't work.
Retired Live Chat Moderator
#107 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:57 PM
@Quaxi Hey old friend. Nice to see you here. I just started playing Sims 2 again and of course came across this exciting post. I went to post about it at sims.ambertation in news just to put a link as I would have known about this faster if there had been one - but I don't think I retained admin permissions there since 2008 or something.

@everyone If he's around in the Winter and mentions students, I'm guessing he might be on summer vacation presently so don't worry too much if he doesn't come running immediately, eh? It doesn't mean he won't when he has a chance, good egg that he is, they don't come better!
Field Researcher
#108 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 11:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
3. Design notes. Object workshop doesn't want to appear in the lower section where it used to be (along with plugin view, finder, etc). Instead there's new ManagedDockPanel18 that I've never seen before.

I put the file simpe.layout from my old Data folder into the new Data folder and it fixed this. Might work for you too? Didn't fix the buttons for me, mine are blocky like yours too, no matter what theme I choose. And I've also got the issue where I can't get a GUID from the usual place, I've been registering them at the SimPE site manually instead.
just a girl
#109 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:27 PM
Thank you for the tip, Slig. Although I'm currently back to using 73.44, I think, I'll back up that file. I mess up the layout and have to reset it quite often :D
Forum Resident
#110 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 2:46 AM
I too am having the same issues as LadySilverwolf. If anyone has found a solution, please let us know. I replaced the sims.guid.dll file with the one in this thread posted by Quaxi in January. I also replaced with one sent to me by someone who is not having the issue and the problem still persists. I created a new user account based on what I read here, but the problem continues.

My workaround right now is that I do have the ability to manually register a GUID on the SimPE site.

DO NOT RE-UPLOAD MY WORK TO THE EXCHANGE OR ANYWHERE ELSE. Please be courteous.

Many of my latest uploads are located HERE. Go check it out for some much more improved work.
Test Subject
#111 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 7:06 AM
Hi everyone!
As far as I see the official SimPE site isn't working again... Either English or German. So it's no way to get GUIDs for new objects automatically, right? And Nysha's short tutorial is the only way to generate GUIDs...
But what should I do if I've used all the block? Where can I get the new one?
Top Secret Researcher
#112 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anactacia
Hi everyone!
As far as I see the official SimPE site isn't working again... Either English or German. So it's no way to get GUIDs for new objects automatically, right? And Nysha's short tutorial is the only way to generate GUIDs...
But what should I do if I've used all the block? Where can I get the new one?

Do you know the last GUID you used?
To add a block you need the website but you can add several blocks at once so it will take time before you will find yourself facing this problem again.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#113 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 11:35 PM
I was just on it like two nights ago! I never was able to register guids without going on the site even with the fix, and I stuck to the 73.44 version as there seemed to be a few issues with the newer one. I hope and pray Quaxi comes and fixes it again. It would be nice if we had a back up system for it. :/
Field Researcher
#114 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 2:15 AM
@SynapticSim - I wish I had known about the " sims.guid.dll " before (I may have missed it being mentioned in another post somewhere) but I can say that switching out the new one for the older version worked and I was see my name in SimPE again, only to find out that there was no longer a connection to the server.

I know the site was up on the 4th, as I was trouble shooting my faux project, and I was looking at GUIDs I had previously registered. So .. somewhere between the then and now, the website went boom. And I believe there were even forums up at one point from ambertation.de which I had never noticed before. Not sure if this tiny bit of info will help anyone, but there it is. Thanks for the tip to switch out the file @SynapticSim!
Test Subject
#115 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 2:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
To add a block you need the website but you can add several blocks at once so it will take time before you will find yourself facing this problem again.

Yep, I know the last GUID I used. And I still have about 150 available.
But the whole situation with the SimPE site is so damn depressing! I just have started making my own objects...
Test Subject
#116 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 2:36 AM

And I know I need the website for adding new blocks of GUIDs. But I can't open the official site anyway, 'cause it's not working.
Scholar
#117 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 2:50 AM
What had been going on with all of these Sims websites recently?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#118 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 2:54 AM
Here I am making cards and needing GUIDs. I can make them, but who knows if any will clash. The site really needs a team on it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#119 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Anactacia
And I know I need the website for adding new blocks of GUIDs. But I can't open the official site anyway, 'cause it's not working.

Once the site is up again add as much GUID blocks as you want/need. That's what I did.

For people who don't know what their next GUID will be, this tutorial might help: https://youtu.be/Wy6F22qzXG4

Skip the part of the website if you know that already and as it's not available.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#120 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 1:17 PM
Field Researcher
#121 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 3:38 PM
For people who don't know what their next GUID will be, this tutorial might help: https://youtu.be/Wy6F22qzXG4

Thanks for the tips and reference material! Reallly appreciate it.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#122 Old 7th Sep 2018 at 9:32 PM
Just been over to SimPE and added a new block for myself. Seems to be working fine.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#123 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 12:02 PM
It won't let me register either, the email never arrives.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#124 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
It won't let me register either, the email never arrives.

I don't know if it helps, but it's worth a shot to watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XYHjdTo77Y&t=11s
Sorry for the bad English though

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#125 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 1:08 PM
Thank you for trying to help, but I know how to register, I already tried but it isn't sending the email. My guess is this needs to happen before it will accept my username and password as a login. I'll give it till tomorrow but am not holding out hope. I am being given some GUIDS for now. All I know is it didn't accept my login and I have not received any email.
Screenshots

~Call me Jo~
Locked thread
Page 5 of 8