Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 5:41 AM
What was your latest scary nightmare?
Hi, everyone! I was wondering what most people are scared of, and how it affected their dreams; or if the dreams/nightmares don't connect at all! If you share yours, I'll share a few of my own! So, for example: Hi! My name is Pinkie. My biggest fear is that some cupcake that I bake turns on me and them bakes ME instead of it! That reminds me of a nightmare I had once, I was in my bakery, then this crazy cupcake-guy with a knife chased me around! I managed to escape, and he nearly got me... then I woke up ! you know? Anyways, let me know!

❇ And then I said, "Oatmeal, are you crazy?"
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 6:33 AM
I had a nightmare that I stabbed a man several times, ripped off his arms, dismembered a dog, and gouged out a child's eyes, just to see what it would feel like.
I think it was some kind of reflection of my fear of the darkness in the human mind.

May your plumbob glow ever green.
#3 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Krinci
I had a nightmare that I stabbed a man several times, ripped off his arms, dismembered a dog, and gouged out a child's eyes, just to see what it would feel like.
I think it was some kind of reflection of my fear of the darkness in the human mind.

Oh man... a dog?
Instructor
#4 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 7:23 AM Last edited by lindali365 : 12th Jun 2015 at 1:41 PM.
In one of my recent dreams (nightmares), I witnessed someone being killed.

Things that can happen in real life frighten me more than things that are made up (acts of violence for example). I don't often have nightmares, but when I do, they're not easily forgotten.

Edited: TMI
Alchemist
#5 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 8:11 AM
I once dreamt sounds only when I was about 12-ish. It was all dark, as if I was understanding that I was sleeping. Suddenly I hear glass being crushed and my mother fainting (who was sleeping in the room next to me). I woke up and checked to see if she was alright, which she was.
#6 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 12:18 PM
The only nightmare I ever remember having was when I was about 7ish, and it was just a blue-skinned humanoid alien breaking into the house. The next morning my mom informed me that I had been screaming that night. Damn anxiety...

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 3:27 PM
That I never get to talk to some people ever again .. I usually have unpleasant dreams, generally once a night I wake up. I don't keep a very good sleep schedule for various reasons, and that is one of them. Kind of makes me sound like I'm out of a Nightmare on Elm Street movie, but if I don't sleep, I can't have dreams. Or if I stay up to the point of exhaustion after days of getting three - five hours of sleep, I don't dream.

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Scholar
#8 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 2:04 AM
Werewolf police.
I was shown around a police station. At the jail part I was shown a werewolf locked up in a cell. Then hiding inside a cupboard under a blanket like mine (not sure what a blanket was doing in a cupboard across from a jail cell.) I saw a policeman unlock the cell and then I ran upstairs to tell someone, only to find the cops around turning in werewolves.

Nightmare ends with driving a water-ski while being chased by the werewolf police.
Scared me stiff for a month.
Theorist
#9 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 3:38 AM
Hmm, I luckily don't get many nightmares (and never had that many), but I only remember mostly were ending in myself falling for somewhere high in sky, forcing me to an instant wake up. But without screaming for my mother, which I only did being really sick.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Alchemist
#10 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 2:14 AM
I've gotten pretty good at forgetting my nightmares, since the majority of them have to do with spiders.
But the few that really stick with me to this day were the ones that made me cry. Like, literally waking up with tears streaming down my face. I didn't even know you could cry in your sleep until these nightmares. One of them was that I was a passenger in a car that ran over my cat (My cat is like my baby, so that was traumatizing as hell). I had another where my parents were switched, in that, my father was alive but my mother was dead (It's visa versa in the real world), and I'm way more attatched to my mom than I ever was to my dad, so even though I knew it was wrong in the nightmare, it still bothered me enough to wake up crying. I had another nightmare where I was being eaten alive by a crazed homeless person, wherein I could feel his teeth sinking into my arm and ripping away my flesh and all the pain you might suspect goes with it.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Spice Pony
#11 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 3:08 AM
Let's see… the most recent one I feel comfortable sharing involved my house's recent invasion by cellar spiders. I hate those things. I've actually been slowing acclimating to them recently, due to their omnipresence, but I'm still nervous. So in my dream, naturally, I saw fit to build something important out of their corpses, and then it got messed up, and I needed to fix it…

Always been terrified of plastic fibre, like fishing wire and whatnot. I haven't had any lately, but I used to have nightmares regularly where I'd get tied up in the stuff and need a bunch of amputations.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 13th Jun 2015 at 5:09 AM
I keep having nightmares about virus infestations on my computers, with a different twist and setting each time. They're getting tiresome. I hate waking up all panicky, and then slowly realize that my laptop is turned off and not invaded. Particularly because I had a real-life scare just a few months back.

When I was a kid I used to dream I was getting chased by a giant spider (big-as-a-house giant, not tarantula giant) on the school rooftop. I hated those, but I'd rather swap, 'cause at least I know giant spiders aren't real...
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 10:18 AM
I once had a dream that I was alone in the house and I got a phone call from a mystery serial killer who said who said I was next after watching something on TV, then he/she broke into the house and I just hid on the upstairs landing (one of the worst hiding places) can't really remember what happened next.
I remind me of the horror movie, the ring, although I had this dream years before I even knew the horror film existed

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 12:10 PM
Eugh I have so many weird scary dreams... here are just a few of them that come to mind off the top of my head, because I can't remember what my latest was:

This one dream where I was in a long corridor that connects the x-ray area to the day centre at the hospital I worked at at the time, but it was a super long corridor and super dark, then suddenly a man appears wearing my Mother's skin draped all over him and he starts sprinting towards me with the most terrifyingly long body with super long arms and legs. For some reason I was then in my childhood home, in the kitchen, and where the pantry door and back door usually are, instead was loads of stuffed animals, so I was hiding inside them like E.T., and I looked at my Mum's skin was draped over the kitchen door. Then I heard footsteps...

Another I had years ago when I was in high school, that always scared me about how calm and accepting I was. See, in this dream there was a murderer in the school, and we were in an art classroom at the time, and my teacher told us to be quiet and that she'll turn the lights off. So we're not really that worried, it was my media class which consisted of about >10 people. So we're still making little jokes to each other and not bothering that much. When suddenly I feel something brush against my leg and it feels like the feathers of this mask that someone had made yeeears ago that still hung in the art corridor, the mask itself is kinda scary looking to be honest, it had a creepy smile on it. Anyway, I then feel something put their hand over my mouth, and I think "okay, this is how I'm going to die..." and I feel my neck being slit all along and its cold and I drop to the ground and wake up. That mask in the art classroom has creeped me out ever since, but also that "okay, this is how I'm going to die" is the kind of feeling I now get whenever something scary happens that could turn into a life and death situation (e.g. someone following me down the street) instead of freaking out. Kinda like I know that's how I'll eventually die? and I'm just waiting for it to happen...

A Recent one, that I can't tell if it was weird sleep paralysis (which I get a lot) or an actual dream. Either way, I was lying in bed but I couldn't move and whenever I opened my eyes they would close within a few seconds, but I started to feel something going up my body, like crawling onto the bed and kissing at my chest, so I half-opened my eyes and there was my boyfriend, only his face was made of this weird black sand which was melting everywhere and his face was twisted into this terrifying smile with BRIGHT red lips. When I could finally move / woke up / whatever, it was the afternoon and my boyfriend had been at work for hours.

When I was 4-6 or so, I had this really scary dream. Well it was scary at the time. It's not that scary now. My next door neighbour and my Mum founded this little organisation called the 'breast feeding group' or something. Just in our little town, and every weekend they'd go to a special place and the kids would play and the Mothers would sit around chatting and they would support breast feeding in public and teaching new mothers about breast feeding or whatever. I dunno, either way between the ages of whatever age I was breast fed, to 8 (when I was no longer breast fed, but my Mum use to take me there anyway because she had friends there and I had a younger brother who was breast fed) we would go every Saturday, but in this dream we went through what would end up becoming my high school (when I was a kid, I use to sneak into the grounds and play in the sand on the long-jump course) and there was a big gate, and we were walking and suddenly the path split off into 2, and for some reason I walked down one path and my Mum walked down the other and she hadn't noticed I had wondered off, but suddenly I was picked up by a witch and she had a small dog for some reason. This dog started sniffing my hand and it was tickling me, even though I was wearing these big fat mittens that actually belonged to my sister, so the witch suddenly took the mittens off, and there was a big hole in my hand. I woke up, I then for YEARS after believed that the witch and the dog lived under my Mum's bed, and when my sister gave me her mittens I refused to wear them.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 4:29 AM
I've had some really weird (and scary) dreams including a dream I've had multiple times with severed heads in giant icecubes floating in a river near where I used to live. The wierd things was no one in the dream seemed to notice.

I'm also had creepy dreams about walking down a street where I used to live and seeing city workers falling out of the lift thing on their truck on to power lines and being killed, and I went home and found my mother slowly chanting a creepy (and I mean REALLY creepy) "poem" about city workers being "fried" on power lines.

I've also had WAY to many dreams about wild animals. Mostly animals where I live so bears, wolfs, foxes, racoons, and so on. But they're always very real. I'm way out in the middle of nowhere and these animals will walk right up to the door if they feel like it.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 30th Jun 2015 at 4:39 AM
well I can't remember a true nightmare, but a few nights ago when I was just sort of mostly asleep I had a dream where basically I poked a couch in the house for the reason "see no bugs will come out" or something, then a large to me beetle suddenly appeared, and I jumped back out of the dream and into being wide awake. apparently the sun starts to rise around 4 am in the summer here....
#17 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 5:11 PM
I dreamt I opened the newspaper, and read about the economy's imminent collapse. And about wars, and what some folks fantasy about world war 3. They make it sound like a "kewl" thing.

Then I found a thread on MTS about nightmares, and I posted there about it.

Now I'm waiting to wake up. Please... any time now...
Mad Poster
#18 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 8:21 PM
In last night's dream, I was with a some people who were trapped in another dimension only they didn't know it. They lost all memories of their real dimension. One guy fell in love with a woman while they were there in that dimension. Then something happened, and the trapped people were rescued from the dimension that they were stuck in. When they returned to their real dimension, they still had no memories. Their families who had been waiting for them to return tried to help them recover their memories.

It turned out, though, that the couple who fell in love were already married in their real dimension. Only, he had been cheating on her, and they were on the brink of divorce before they found themselves trapped. When his mistress showed up to welcome him, he had no memory of her. The mistress also brought with her several mafia thugs, and this is when things turned nightmarish. She wanted him back, but more importantly she wanted him back for his money. He was actually quite rich. Since he had no memory of her, he wanted nothing to do with her. This lead to a terribly bloody shootout with the mafia thugs ganging up on the man, and the mistress tried to stab the wife. Only, the wife turned the knife on the mistress and killed her. The man also survived, but the whole scene was pretty gruesome.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥