Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#76 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 9:51 PM Last edited by tsyokawe : 25th Jul 2015 at 9:58 PM. Reason: added a p.s.
...maybe you needed a project. Sounds like you found one helluva. I bet the house has beautiful bones.
I'm hoping you got some before pictures to post with your after pictures (that yer gonna post, right?)

p.s. after reading a post in another thread, may I suggest that we need a button for 'ironic.'
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#77 Old 25th Jul 2015 at 11:27 PM
I once lived in a house that was entirely salmon pink, like a ton of fish blew up on it. It eventually got painted grey, but who paints their house pink?

They didn't let me help paint it, either. I like painting. Except the last time I did it, when I fell off a chair and splashed the floor with paint. It still isn't all off, and the floor's going to have to be replaced.

My MTS writing group, The Story Board
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 12:04 AM
Default Reef tank for these guys
here is my newest fish she /he is a Sapphire Damsel
and 2 clown fish (False Percula)

5 acres is a LOT of weeds we had a horse who "mowed" our acreage for us!
Screenshots
#79 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tsyokawe
...maybe you needed a project. Sounds like you found one helluva. I bet the house has beautiful bones.
I'm hoping you got some before pictures to post with your after pictures (that yer gonna post, right?)

p.s. after reading a post in another thread, may I suggest that we need a button for 'ironic.'

She does have beautiful bones - she (my house is a she ... ) has plaster ceiling roses and original Victorian mouldings, the original picture rails and all her original native timber doors in an unpainted condition. I will have to sell her to make my move to the country but that won't be for a year or so yet - until my son is in Uni or at least done with High School. I have some 'befores' that I might be able to post with their afters I believe 'she' spoke to me when I went to see her for the 1st time and I was smitten.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 5:00 AM
Default I love those old homes
just redid a whole Sims neighbourhood with Victorian homes .
Slightly more affordable than a RW reno lol.

Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
She does have beautiful bones - she (my house is a she ... ) has plaster ceiling roses and original Victorian mouldings, the original picture rails and all her original native timber doors in an unpainted condition. I will have to sell her to make my move to the country but that won't be for a year or so yet - until my son is in Uni or at least done with High School. I have some 'befores' that I might be able to post with their afters I believe 'she' spoke to me when I went to see her for the 1st time and I was smitten.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#81 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 11:50 AM
I'm redecorating the hall way in my house - When I bought it the walls were painted burgundy and the ceiling was yellow ... I couldn't live with that so gave it all a coat of white paint to neutralize it until I had time to do it properly and had the 100 year old wooden floors stripped and polished. Now is that time.

Crikey. My parents moved into a house (a good while ago now) with a green and red living room (lounge) with amber glass panels giving onto the hallway. I said, 'they'll have to go' as soon as I walked through the door. That is until we started cleaning the house (it was filthy) and the panels started to come up clear transparent, not colour. The person who sold us the house was a heavy smoker ...

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
#82 Old 26th Jul 2015 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Crikey. My parents moved into a house (a good while ago now) with a green and red living room (lounge) with amber glass panels giving onto the hallway. I said, 'they'll have to go' as soon as I walked through the door. That is until we started cleaning the house (it was filthy) and the panels started to come up clear transparent, not colour. The person who sold us the house was a heavy smoker ...

I hear you on other peoples dirt - in this house the master bathroom has a spa bath/jacuzzi in it and it took me months to get rid of the smell of bath oil (or whatever the hell it was) that the woman who had the place before me used in it .. *shudder* ...
#83 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 2:53 AM
SimLaReine ~ No harm done here and I am sincerely sorry for your family's nightmare and it's very nice to meet you
#84 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 2:53 AM
I was looking around at some ideas for home renovation and I came across this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/insan...-315#.ta72P1mKl

Sometimes I wonder how people can have this much time on their hands...

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:06 AM
Default Thank you
Thank you
and looking forward to moving on on a good note from here !

SimLaReine ~ No harm done here and I am sincerely sorry for your family's nightmare and it's very nice to meet you
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:10 AM
Default reno Ideas ?
I don't think they necessarily have time per se, ,It's the money they can throw at it..
my son is a builder, and he was hired to build a $20,000 Out House (yeah the kind to Poo in )
with stainglass windows and hand carved features .

Quote: Originally posted by Graveyard Snowflake
I was looking around at some ideas for home renovation and I came across this: http://www.buzzfeed.com/peggy/insan...-315#.ta72P1mKl

Sometimes I wonder how people can have this much time on their hands...
Mad Poster
#87 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:38 AM
[QUOTE=SimLaReine]Okay here is the thing People..

I would like to specifically extend the Olive Branch to
Mistermook, GrammaPat, Thranduil Oropherion, and hugbug993 since I was possibly a specific Bitch to those people. SORRY
Please accept my sincere apology.
QUOTE]
I break my vow of gone-ness to tell you: you are forgiven...for a deed I don't even remember, but still..It is a brave and loving thing to apologize. I hug you; no tears!

Back to our scheduled partAY!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Page 4 of 4