Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 3:45 AM
Default Oh toddlers- how we miss you...
Today, June 25, is the one year anniversary of the news that toddlers would not be included in TS4. A full year has gone by, and there is still no word from the Sims team.

To commemorate this occasion, post a fond toddler memory or picture, from TS2 or TS3. Let's hope they won't be the last.

I love it in TS2 when the toddlers play with kittens and puppies. Adorable! :lovestruc

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 5:02 AM
Face it. Toddlers are not a priority. The team at EAxis is obviously more interested in giving the players glitter and toothpaste.

Also, shouldn't this be in the TS4 section?

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 5:03 AM
I don't have Sims 4, so have some of my Sims 2 toddlers.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 9:08 AM
Love the pictures Jo.

HarVee- I thought about posting this in the TS4 forum, but I feel like those users are tired of us raining on their parade. I don't think TS4 is going to get toddlers, ever. So post a memory so we don't forget them.

New at Simszoo
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 1:50 PM
Cutey Patootie TS2 toddler expressions: peekaboo (I posted this on the TS2 section when we were going on about animations - the TS2 animations for toddlers are very well done (as are many other animations)).

Also - bonus pic - bathing.
Screenshots

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#6 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 1:54 PM
I can show you what is going on in my game currently. First up, the Sims 2 where I am playing an overstuffed Downton Abbey household. Please forgive the poorness of their decor. I don't use money cheats and paying for the construction and furnishing of Downton has been a challenge in itself. Also, I don't have any toddler pictures of Lady Mary, Lady Sybil, or Lady Edith. You will just have to make do with the toddlers of Mr. and Mrs. Bates. (Who, unfortunately, look a lot like their father.)

I'll post my Sims 3 toddlers later on.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 3:30 PM
Jo, love the picture of the toddler hugging the kitty. That's precious.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 3:45 PM
@joandsarah77 It's funny even without seeing who posted, I can recognise your sims from a mile away You have a very unique style with your custom content, if that makes sense?
Also Do you remember where you got that toddlers hairstyle in the 5th picture? It looks like a sims 3 conversion.

Here's a random assortment of toddlers:
Cerys and Patience Martin

Cobweb, Peasebottom and Mustardseed Summerdream

Adande O'Feefe

Mark and Luke Picaso having a tantrum

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#9 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 4:26 PM
A memory: once I decided to divorce parents of a tot, sending the Mom to live with her family and leaving the tot with the Dad. They - all of them, including the tot - decided that they want something else. Mom kept coming to visit (multiple times a day, at that) and the tot kept rolling wants having to do with her all the time. She'd immediately go to the tot to play with him or something or other, and then the Dad would come over, and bit by bit the two reconciled. The Dad had a farm on the lot - an OFB thing - and when the kid rolled "Hire Mom" want, I finally succumbed and brought her back.
Screenshots

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 4:38 PM
Oh, I love the toddler feeding the baby, Simsica! I wish I had some pics of my Sims 3 toddlers. I had a Sim run a day care and remembered how much I loved little tykes in real life.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#11 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 4:42 PM
I'm not sure she's feeding the baby. The youngsters in TS2 are very jealous of their feeding bottles.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#12 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 6:44 PM

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Mad Poster
#13 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 7:03 PM
As promised, my Sims 3 toddlers. Trinity is my self-sim's mutant daughter, and well, Don needs no introductions.

Scholar
#14 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 7:40 PM Last edited by arathea : 25th Jun 2015 at 8:22 PM.
Found some TS3 toddlers.

ETA: Found a few more. I better stop digging through my screenshots now.

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call this their point of view. - Albert Einstein
Arathea's Area @ TFM's Sims Asylum - TS2 & TS3 Stuff
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 9:43 PM
Maxon- bathing the wee ones has never been so satisfying as in TS2.

MB- oh the Bates girls- adorable. What hair does Honey have?

Bigsimsfan12- I love how delightfully bratty TS2 tots can be- thanks for sharing! :lovestruc

Simsica- great, great story. Sometimes you gotta give the simmies what they want.

arathea- love the pics, especially my personal fav- TS2 toddlers and pets. In TS3 I kept forgetting that toddlers couldn't play with pets. Don't know why they didn't add that.

MB (again)- you and Don have some adorable tykes together!

arathea (again)- thanks for the TS3 pics. Oh the memories, birthdays, peek-a-boo, I'm not ready to get off the spring rider, and sharing a story. Thank you so much for these. :lovestruc

Thanks to all who participated. I am strangely saddened by this day and you have all helped in raising my spirits.

New at Simszoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
@joandsarah77 It's funny even without seeing who posted, I can recognise your sims from a mile away You have a very unique style with your custom content, if that makes sense?
Also Do you remember where you got that toddlers hairstyle in the 5th picture? It looks like a sims 3 conversion.

Thanks Bigsimsfan. To me it's just a lot of content lol, but I guess it has to do with my taste in cc. No I idea on the hair I will have to look.
I love your shot with the toddler who looks like she is feeding the baby, very cleverly done.

Sims 3 toddlers inside the toy box is very cute, I remember that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 10:03 PM
Thank-you Tuney!

Honey is wearing Trapping's Coolsims 92 Pookleted: http://trappingit.livejournal.com/48913.html

Mad Poster
#18 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 10:34 PM
My first octuplets in TS3 I made via cheats were a hoot and a holler just to watch.

The four brothers would play with the doll house and the youngest sister would love rocking while Depeche Mode played on the Custom Music Channel. The oldest sister would hide in the toy box.

That's fucking adorable. I think EA sold both heart and soul to casual gaming's Devil because how could someone cast aside such cuteness of life struggling to grow?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Thanks Bigsimsfan. To me it's just a lot of content lol, but I guess it has to do with my taste in cc. No I idea on the hair I will have to look.
I love your shot with the toddler who looks like she is feeding the baby, very cleverly done.

Sims 3 toddlers inside the toy box is very cute, I remember that.

Thanks It was mostly accidental, Patience got put on the floor at the same time Cerys was picking up a bottle - so I just moved them closer together for the adorable little pic :lovestruc Makes me wish EA had put some more time into toddler interactions. Hopefully in Sims 5

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:43 AM
@SimGuruGraham This is why we love toddlers. This is why we miss toddlers.

New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#21 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 2:42 AM
Sorry, Tuney, I'm on the fence. I agree that S4 would be better with toddlers, but I'm not sure that I miss them. I found them mostly annoying in game and couldn't wait until they became children. But I do love the pics you all shared. The T3 toddlers are especially precious, in my opinion.

Is it really the toddler thing that is making you sad today or is there something else? I hope you're ok.

Forum Resident
#22 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 3:05 AM Last edited by jmtmom : 26th Jun 2015 at 3:18 AM.
Creepy toddlers! Though, the Sims 2 toddlers were more fun, playing in the toilet and all. I don't have any pictures of those anymore. I tried, but I fail at spoilers.

Lab Assistant
#23 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 3:06 AM
I don't know why I've never felt that it was a hassle or hard with toddlers. I don't find them annoying, probably because I play with epic lifespan, and there's no rush to teach them skills? Toddlers in game are very easy to take care of for me, and I love them. Here's some.

Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 3:26 AM
VerDeTerre- I am okay, thanks for asking. This is the day, one year ago, when our community burst into flames. This is the day I realized TS4 was not going to be what I wanted. I understand that not everyone wants toddlers. They can be aged up if you want. They can't be created out of thin air if they are not in the game. For me, toddlers are symbolic of all I miss in TS4.

jmtmom- oh so creepily adorable- love 'em! :lovestruc

kimikobristen- your pics are having me rethink if TS2 toddlers are my favs, or if TS3 toddlers are. Thanks for sharing! :lovestruc

New at Simszoo
Mad Poster
#25 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 5:27 AM
Tuney, you're so right - if they're there, people have an option to play them or not. I'm sorry for your sadness.

mtmom- One of those, the one with the eyes, looks possessed. The others are amazingly attractive. Normally, I don't like aliens, but those are cute little baby aliens.

kimikobristen - I prefer the toddlers in TS3, they feel so much easier to deal with than the TS2 toddlers. It creeped me out when TS2 toddlers got into the pet food and the toilet. Because I felt less pressure about skills, my Sim parents enjoyed their little ones for the first time in my games. I know others managed this in Sims 2, but I never really did. Also, I loved the interactions that became available with Generations.

TS2 or TS3, the babies are very cute and this is a cute thread.

Page 1 of 2