Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 4:05 PM
Default Perfume
What's your favourite perfume? I'm one of those people who just wears one all the time. My favourite is this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghost-Fragr...s=ghost+perfume

Love that stuff <3 It also reminds me of my friend who moved away to New Zealand (she always used to wear it too) so it reminds me of being a teenager.

I sometimes use Katy Perry's too:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Katy-Perry-...eywords=perfume

I want to try new perfumes. I like floral scents
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 4:33 PM
Certain scents bring back powerful memories, that for certain.

My favorite scent in a perfume since I was small is lilly of the valley.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 4:44 PM
Chanel no.5. A classic I guess.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#4 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 4:50 PM
Chanel no. 19.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 6:35 PM
I do love Chanel but it's so damn expensive >.> I feel bad enough buying that Ghost perfume :')
#6 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 8:06 PM
I have a few perfumes in my room, but I never really use them.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Scholar
#7 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 8:13 PM
I love By Night by Christina Aguilera.
It's absolutely awesome! :D
Instructor
#8 Old 25th Jun 2015 at 8:19 PM
I love perfume too!
I really like Hugo Boss Orange
#9 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
I love perfume too!
I really like Hugo Boss Orange

I kinda figured you for pepperoni perfume... I don't know why.

Mmmmm.
Instructor
#10 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 7:23 AM
Triggered!
I have a few

Among these, my favorites are the Tom Fords. Black Orchid and Tobacco Vanille are two great, deep scents for the winter, while Neroli Portofino is a great citrusy soapy summer scent. One of my last addictions to the collection is Diorissimo by Dior (second from the left) and I love its history. It was created in the '50s because the perfumer wanted to make something different from the strong, aldehyde-like perfumes that were en vogue back them (like Chanel N°5). He wanted to make a lily-of-the-valley based scent but that was super hard because the flowers are extremely fragile and it's nearly impossible to get any essential oil out of them. So he "made it up", trying different mixes countless times, until he found a mix of lilac, jasmine and other flowers that perfectly imitated lily-of-the-valley. What I like about this perfume is it's linearity: it's just flowers and grass. It's literally like running down a flowered hill during a warm morning in May. So gorgeous and romantic :lovestruc .

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Theorist
#11 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 10:32 AM
Most scents people use make my eyes itch and my throat constrict, so mostly I'd prefer if people stopped using the stuff altogether. Even cigarette smoke or diesel fumes aren't as bad as some people's colognes and perfumes in terms of ruining my day.
Theorist
#12 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 1:36 PM
Sometimes

but most of the time
Forum Resident
#13 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 11:04 AM Last edited by TheOriginalFive : 29th Jun 2015 at 3:37 AM.
Chanel no. 5, rose scented perfumes, usually it should be musky with a hint of flowers. I also like peach-scented perfumes.

Unfortunately, I can't wear perfume all the time because people around me are either allergic or the perfume smells like soap water instead.

Edit: The non-musky ones tend to make me sneeze without stopping.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 1:51 PM
After my son was born, I became allergic to perfumes. Isn't that strange? I used to like them, though.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
After my son was born, I became allergic to perfumes. Isn't that strange? I used to like them, though.

Not strange at all given the upheaval the body goes through in pregnancy. Shame you didn't go back though. My 'change' story is about olives - before my major (head) operation, I didn't like them. Now you could purchase my soul for them. Life events = big impact.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 3:17 PM
Oooh, olives sound good right about now!

Well, on the plus side, I did end up with more curves. Prior to pregnancy people confused me for the Grim Reaper.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
#17 Old 28th Jun 2015 at 5:14 PM
European American Designs' Tarragon Noir is the cologne that I usually wear.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#18 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 6:36 AM
After looking through my collection, I think Boss Woman suits me, doesn't cause itching and sneezing.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Mad Poster
#19 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 6:51 AM
I don't wear that much perfume, because my parents get bad reactions to fragrances.

However, I do use mildly scented bodywashes and although the one I have is aimed at kids, it smells like vanilla birthday cake. The only way you can smell it is if I was in your personal space.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
#20 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 6:59 AM
I am smiling at the references to Chanel 5 as that was my mother's fragrance of choice. I cannot smell it now without remembering her.
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 10:39 AM
Oh, I forgot about this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kiss-Eau-To...l/dp/B002OILYOC

I love that <3 It's quite cheap too smells lovely. Only problem with that is it doesn't last very long.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 10:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
I am smiling at the references to Chanel 5 as that was my mother's fragrance of choice. I cannot smell it now without remembering her.

My Mum it was lavender. My Dad used to buy me Chanel no.5 for Christmas - probably one of the reasons I like it (I also have bad skin for perfumes - cheap perfumes smell atrocious on me).

Instructor
#23 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 11:51 AM
Amarige by Givenchy

I'm not very good at describing smells, but it's luxurious, flowery, and full to me.

But since I am a guy, I don't wear it. I absolutely love fragrance though. I never feel fully dressed without some sent on.

Claiborne for Men and, recently, Adidas Moves are my light, clean, everyday fragrances. I have some seasonal favorites as well: Gaultier's Le Male in the spring and summer, Givenchy pour homme in autumn, and Boucheron's Jaïpur pour homme in the winter. Jaïpur is also my favorite for nighttime and special occasions.

I have a bottle of Ralph Lauren Safari for Men that I wish so much worked with me. However, It settles to a sort of staleness that just makes me want to take a shower. Oh well. Smells awesome in the bottle though!
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 12:16 PM
I love perfume but I am desperately seeking my new favorite. My past favorites include Stella, Nina, Coco (sweet as honey on the dry down but the top notes are harsh). Currently wearing Le Petit Robe Noir but it's not satisfying enough. Just ordered a few samples - Hanae Mori, Burberry London and Insolence. I hope one of them is the one!

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Instructor
#25 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 12:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simbalena
I love perfume but I am desperately seeking my new favorite. My past favorites include Stella, Nina, Coco (sweet as honey on the dry down but the top notes are harsh). Currently wearing Le Petit Robe Noir but it's not satisfying enough. Just ordered a few samples - Hanae Mori, Burberry London and Insolence. I hope one of them is the one!

Have you ever tried Black Orchid? It's pretty sweet and incredibly complex. It's not for everyday wear since there are really a lot of notes, but it's a masterpiece in its own way.

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Page 1 of 2