Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#9001 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 1:19 AM Last edited by WildIrishBanshee : 28th Feb 2016 at 3:29 AM.
Main House - Adam and Aaron went off to work, and Barbra went off to school. The rest of the kids had the day off due to summer vacation, but Barbra didn't have her A+ yet, so I make her go to school til she gets it. I'm running out of time with Eve - her and Adam were my CAS sims! She's due to die in the next few rotations, while Adam still has a long time left - he's going to miss his partner! Bailey spent her day working on her Cosmetology badge in between taking care of needs. Cayla the cat got promoted to Understudy. I took Amin and Jules out to the Townie Graveyard as they both had wants to see ghosts. I did have to laugh as one of the ghosts scared the evil witch just after she cast the lightning/rain spell. They spent the whole night there and not one ghost scared them - such a disappointment. So back home they went for birthdays! Barnard was growing up into a teen, and Bartholomew was growing into a child. As the oldest, Barnard went first. He grew up well, into a Popularity sim with red hair and logical as his turn ons, and glasses as his turn off. His LTW is to have 20 Simultaneous Best Friends. Now he wants the Extraterrestrial Reparations grant - let's hope he doesn't get pregnant! Bartholomew grew up well as well.

Adam accepted an outing call and I took them to Crypt O Night - my go to for random outings. Adam spent most of the time "admiring" the various artwork. I leave them to handle their own outings when they're random ones. It was still a fun outing with Brittney and Aeneas - who got busy in the photobooth while I wasn't looking! Brittney is a married woman! Silly Romance sims. Cern the cat got promoted to Contraband Sniffer. Aaron woke up early so he went to work on his Florist badge, managing to get the silver one he wanted. Barnard also woke up early, so he worked on the Charisma skill point he wanted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Smith (Theo) - Aaliyah went off to work and Bambi got a pop up about her reputation - pulling pranks on community lots is rather frowned upon. Too bad most of the SilverMoons are pranking asshats. Barid went to work while Bambi worked on her Cosmetology badge. Celeste the puppy grew up into an adult dog, looking like a good blend of her parents. Since this is a breeding family (as is the Main House) it's time to add another dog to the house! Enter Carl, fresh from CAS - I take whatever the randomizer gives me.

Barid recieved an outing call from Kathleen Hudson, and I took them down to Maple Springs to explore Downtown a little bit more. It was a fun outing, but nothing really to write home about. When he got home he did some yoga in an attempt to lose his belly fat and studied some Cleaning so that he could get a promotion the next time he went to work.
Advertisement
Theorist
#9002 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 4:37 AM
My cemetery ghostly residents are now prettified with colors. I had PT Smith buy one cemetery to restore headstones and ghost colors and the first cemetery with 24 ghosts in which he set death type. They all worked. The only problem is the drowned victims leaving puddles everywhere. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Field Researcher
#9003 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 7:31 AM
Spike never seemed to mind that his wife was two decades younger than him. He disn't even seem to mind that she wanted the children he'd probably never walk down the aisle. At first, it was just one.. Or two. And Kanus is a good boy, while Mira keeps blossoming into her beauty every day. But the twins came recently, and Kanus is entering his moody teen years.. While Spike can feel the sand slipping through the hourglass. He's worried that death will promise him a pina colada before he sees it through to the end, and that scares him.

I will openly admit that when Spike and Kara found each other I was mildly grossed out, but they are such a sweet couple. They constantly roll wants to interact, and for being two fortune sims this surprises me, even moreso than the younger couples. They are loving parents and just an all around beautiful family. Unfortunately, beauty only lasts so long and the reapers take what they need. Spike will likely pass next rotation (hopefully he'll make ot to the rotation following!) When the twins become children. And for Kara, this means really high taxes - dirkwood is having to raise the taxes now that colleges are being funded. If Spike passes next rotation, leaving Kara a widowed mother of 4, she'll face 5000 in residency taxes, as well an additional 900 in funeral services, and I'm not sure the life insurance will cover all that! If Spike is around, taxes will be 5500, but there will be three potential earners in the house.

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Top Secret Researcher
#9004 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 3:41 PM Last edited by Gcgb53191 : 28th Feb 2016 at 4:12 PM.
Bluewater Village recently got their cemetery renovated! It actually looks almost exactly the same for the most part, just on a bigger lot. (Disclaimer: No corpses were hurt in the building of this cemetery)

The Reyes household have been throwing parties like there's no tomorrow! Its the end of summer so they've been throwing bash after bash to celebrate their son's last summer at home. Alan will be heading to Sim State next rotation so he's been hanging out with some of the girls lately. This session he's been a little obsessed with Victoria Harris, constantly rolling wants to sneak out with her. He even went on a date with Emily Williams right before ending it to get into Victoria's car to leave Nice one, Alan

Alan recently had quads with one of the Landgraab twins across the street but she gave them up for adoption, the best decision for both of them. I didn't even realize that Alan's dad, Daniel, was good friends with the girls' father, Maddox Landgraab, until they threw a party and I saw them eating and chit-chatting at the table. I can only imagine how the conversation went....

"I hope your son has been keeping himself away from my daughters"

"Oh yes, he's been working and preparing himself for college so nothing to worry about. Thanks again for them up for adoption because we definitely don't have the money or the space"

"Well of course! You think we do? Plus we had already decided to put them up before we knew they'd be quads"

"Well I just figured since you and Danielle both work for the military..."

"No, our benefits aren't that great"

Someone else has been making uninvited appearances at the Reyes' parties, Adrianna Williams. Adrianna was a townie who married Jake Williams but things just didn't work out. She's still angry at me for turning her back into a townie. Sorry Adrianna! You just didn't work out, stop trying to make yourself happen. Its just not gonna happen! At least you got an education and a makeover out of the marriage.
----------------------------------

At Daniel's brother's house, Jayne and James have been back from Sim State for two rotations now and I still can't figure out who James would be best paired with. Its not that I'm trying to marry him off right away, its that I'm having trouble figuring out who best compliments who with that entire generation be cause they've all messed around with each other and are attracted to each other.

I was going to send James off on vacation with his sister, Sakura Robinson, Casey Harris and Esther Davis but they've all messed with each other (excluding James and his sister of course) I was scared it would just create drama and fighting. James is already enemies with Casey so probably not a good idea.

I've even had James talk to a few townies to see if he hits it off with any of them but nothing yet.
Mad Poster
#9005 Old 28th Feb 2016 at 4:31 PM
Trent Hart has completed his first semester at Sim State on the dean's list, which is good, because having his own place is more expensive than he counted on. He went out busking with his Uncle Leon one night and made enough to cover bills, but he also wanted a new stove - the boy has hollow legs and the electric stove wasn't cutting it. He has the grade bar bug, but he arrived with enough skill points that he didn't really have to worry about it as long as he went to class. He did make time to accept invitations from his friends, and went over to the LFT frat to allow Sage Newson to grill him over chess.

Once he was sure he had his grades in the bag, he called Davine Newson for a date. They started off pillow fighting in the coffee shop, then danced in front of the diner, then decided it wasn't worth paying for lunch and they went to his place. It was the first time for both of them, but as Trent's dad says, virginity isn't a real thing, just a state of inexperience. And after dating Davine in high school and his family's tradition of comprehensive woohoo education, no one had any reason to be disappointed. Afterward they snuggled a long time, before Trent's stomach made him get up and make them some lunch, and then he had to go to his final. Davine waited till he got back, studying for her own final in her underwear. It was very relaxed and just what he wanted. So why did he keep thinking about Tammy Ottomas?

Tammy Ottomas, who is sharing the Pisatchio Dorm with Ripley Grunt, had her own agenda. She called him up, took him out to eat, and then they went to the Dive Bar and got carried away in the hot tub. Unfortunately, Sage Newson saw them cheating on his sister. He didn't say anything at the time, but I expect they'll both hear from him on the subject. They both rolled Engagement wants, but Trent plans to be a spy and has no intention of being tied down to one person he'd have to keep secrets from. He's explained this to Tammy, but she's determined to wear him down. Afterward he came back to the dorm with her, where Ripley danced with him in her nightie, prompting Tammy to share all the details of her date with her over mac and cheese. Tammy keeps rerolling the engagement want every time she changes lots, and I was a little surprised at how often it kept rolling back with Trent. He's looking forward to Hallie getting to campus, though - a panel for of wants for the three count!

At the sorority, Janet Starchild finally got her first kiss, from a double-bolting dormie she met at the grocery store. His name is Stewart and he's all kinds of cute, but so far all they've had is a getting-to-know-you date, and she is not done looking at Orpheus Nigmos. Joanie Smith finally rolled a date want and took him out, and naturally enough they went all the way. No engagement wants, though. Neither of them knows where this is going and after all, he did just find out that his uncle was a serial killer...Tami Freshe joined the sorority to be with Almira Davis. Almira wanted her first woohoo, Tami wanted to get engaged (though gay marriage is illegal in the GS Uberhood, you can't legislate love!) and they soon got together on that count.

The frat was less exciting, but Leon threw his first toga party, at which he made friends with his nephew Trent. He's dated Tia Bubbler once, and they bolt all right, but neither of them's anything like committed and it didn't get much past handholding.

Cole Hart, Erika Swain, and Emil Lee are sharing a house as they enter their sophomore year. Now that Cole and Erika are engaged (and flaunting it - you'd think they were triple-bolters, the way they pop up all over campus to make out!) Erika wanted to get to know his family, so they had Mary, Harding, and Wilde over. Erika fixed a nice dinner and played catch with Mary, who seems to approve of her. Emil is quietly puttering around skilling and making platonic friends, with no apparent desire for anything else. He seems to get along better with girls than with guys, but is more or less friends with Cole now.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
#9006 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 1:02 AM
OFF Characters are on vacation with a vampire witch.
Top Secret Researcher
#9007 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 3:06 AM
I finally forced myself to play the Williams (2) household. I played them for a long time this session because I had skipped them entirely last rotation and while I was making up their six days, they were expecting a baby, and I wanted to meet the baby so I ended up playing them for nine days which is three rotations worth.

Jasmine and her boyfriend Jaxon recently bought a house together and are splitting the rent with Jasmine's brother and wife. Jasmine and Jaxon made a deal that if he paid off the rest of the loan on her mother's home they would buy a nicer home together. Jaxon and Jasmine have been together for a long time but he just doesn't want to do the whole wedding thing so he's hoping that putting his name on the mortgage along hers will be enough proof for 'commitment.'

Jasmine finally finished her schooling just in time because she got fired by chance card in the education career but found an opening in the political science career, which is her ideal career. She loves being a campaign manager and can't wait to pay off all of her student loans soon.

Her brother, Collin, is an all star but is hoping to find a better career in the culinary field. Unfortunately when he found an opening he'd have to start from the bottom so he's just going to stay in his current job. While he ended up getting promoted by chance card to MVP he still worries about his future because you can't be an athlete forever.

Collin quickly got a want to have a baby so he and his wife started trying to get pregnant. His sister's boyfriend has also been having a lot off wants to woohoo so I was secretly hoping Jasmine and Jordan would get pregnant around the same time so the babies could be close in age. Unfortunately Jordan got pregnant first and had a baby girl. They named her Daisy, after Collin's late mother.

Collin and Jordan got permission from Jasmine to turn the garage into their own little studio. There just isn't any room upstairs for a baby so they'll be staying in the 'studio' until Daisy is a child.

Jasmine loves her new niece and is hoping she can have a baby soon too. Maybe that would finally convince Jaxon to marry her!
Field Researcher
#9008 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 4:36 AM
Miles - Hunter was teaching Becka to talk when the lot loaded. Abbie and Camryn went off to work while Hunter stayed home with the kiddos. Bandele and Barry had to walk to school, since they haven't gotten their A+'s yet, so Barney and the tots were the only ones home with Hunter. Becka learned how to talk, and then it was Barto's turn. Barnard played some chess to earn a logic skill point - it's his birthday today and I want him to grow up well. He wants to as well. Bandele and Barry brought home Bartholomew and Barbara while Abbie brought home Anne Hanson from work. I sent Abbie back to work to get that last promotion even though she'd miss the kids growing up. Since by that point it was already 4pm I kept Hunter home from his businesses and just checked in. I also made Camryn check in with hers when she got home - kid's birthday party is priority today! Eve walked by, so Hunter greeted her so she could be there for her grandchildren's birthdays. I'm going to be sad when she's no longer roaming the hood.

Hunter threw a birthday party with all his friends. Barnard grew up into a Family sim, with hard worker and athletic as his turn ons and creative as his turn off. He has a LTW to become City Planner. Barto grew up well, and into a mowhawk to boot! Abbie came home with a promotion to Space Pirate, marking her third LTW. Now she wants to be a Rock God - finally, something different! Becka, the resident redhead, grew up well as well, and into a decent summer outfit too. Everyone had a great time at the party, eating cake and talking among themselves. Camryn got an outing call from Cassandra Rickard and off she went to the Crypto Night club. Brittney SilverMoon was another tag along this time too - apparently everyone knows the same people in this neighborhood. Collin SilverMoon decided to snag Cria Almassy for some photobooth woohoo while Camryn played pinball. Camryn has been wanting to get engaged to Collin for awhile now. Collin got around in the background, even nailing Camryn before the taxi came to pick her up! After that it was bedtime for most of the household, and Camryn gave the dogs a bath.
Mad Poster
#9009 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 8:29 AM
I just recreated my self-sim (Knowledge/Pleasure, although she won't get Pleasure 'till she gets through Uni), moved her into an apartment, and aged her down to teenager. She grew into some weird very-revealing outfit (what is with all the midriffs anyways?) and then checked her LTW.
"Become Criminal Mastermind."
Okay, reroll.
"Become Criminal Mastermind."
Another reroll.
"Become Cult Leader."
Well then.

I uninstalled Pescado's ltwvariety because about 90% of the Sims would roll "Become Hand of Poseidon," so I'm guessing that the RNG gods just hate my self-sim or something.
Undead Molten Llama
#9010 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 8:55 AM
Yeah, pretty sure Pescado and I have very different definitions of "variety," because all of my Sims wanted to be generals. *eye roll* Whatever. I don't like it that LTWs are tied to aspirations at all, so I got the mod that allows any LTW for all aspirations here: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,91915.0.html

So...Family Sim that wants 20 lovers? Cool. Pleasure Sim that wants to be a Mad Scientist? Why not? Knowledge Sim that wants six kids? Groovy. Fortune Sim that wants to raise hordes of pets? Hey, go for it. It's much better, in my opinion. But then, I like random and weird in my game, so YMMV.

As for what's happening in my game? Inbreeding. Lots of inbreeding. It's kind of what happens when all your playables are related by blood or marriage to one Sim. Also, quite a bit of death, currently. Gen 1 (the first born-in-game one) is dying off and Gen 4 is being born.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#9011 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 9:19 AM
I use the Any LTW hack sometimes. And then I get tired of it and uninstall it. Then after a while I miss the variety and reinstall it.
It's worse than a diet.
Field Researcher
#9012 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 5:34 PM
SilverMoon (Abe) - Abe went off to work, Brittney used the wishing well for another lover (she ended up with a teen, so bust), Beatrice and Barrett walked to school while Barbara stayed home. Then it was time for Brittney to head off to work at Hunter's Music Shop. She'd be a lot closer to her 20 Simultaneous Lovers if she didn't have to work, but she likes her job. Collin had the day off, so he finished harvesting the cucumbers and adding them to the juicer. I sent Collin to his business, The Soup Kitchen to earn some money - all while praying my mod to leave kids at home works! Collin went up a rank to level 8, even though they're only selling two items - Chinese Dumpling Soup and Roast & Beef Sub...cause what's soup without a sandwich? Balin received a bronze restocking badge from stocking the shelves. Aaron also got his gold cash register badge. Then it was time to go back home where Barbara was jumping rope in an attempt to lose a few extra pounds. The fat morphs on kids looks strange to me. Abe, Barrett and Beatrice came home and after homework Beatrice harvested the orchard trees, then jumped rope to lose some weight while Barrett made friends with Barney over the phone. They brought home Bartholomew SilverMoon and essentially ignored him, same with Fenton Zimmerman, Brittney's work friend that she brought home. Abe blogged about Music & Dance, making some more money. They'll be moving into a new home next rotation as they finally broke the 1 million mark.

Beatrice woke up early due to her going to bed early, so I sent her to the easel to earn the creativity point she wanted. Collin had a bunch of romantic wants, so off to Crypto Night club he went to see if he'd fulfill any. Unfortunately he was more interested in the pinball machine then anything else - my sims are boring when they're controlled! So I sent him back home, to make a wish out of the wishing well. Otherwise he'll have to fulfill those wants later. Luckily for him he got an acceptable townie adult and fulfilled his 5 lovers want. He wants 20 of the things, so he still has awhile to go. As dawn approached I packed up the important things from the household into Brittney's inventory to prepare them for their move.
Theorist
#9013 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 5:43 PM
Using the batbox to cycle or re-roll LTWs, along with the mod LTWs for all aspirations works good for me. Cycle option goes through the list in order, re-roll gives a random.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Field Researcher
#9014 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 11:13 PM
Hanson - My have 3 babies as fast as possible before the father dies household! Poor Shawn only got 11 days as an elder, and they're ticking by fast - and I'd like him to have some sort of relationship with his children before he dies, if I can. As soon as I unpaused the game, Andromeda went into labor with the third child. It's a girl named Becky, with Andromeda's black hair. Her two boys have red hair! Seriously, I have redheads everywhere. Shawn repaired the broken shower while Andromeda got some needed sustenance. Collin called Shawn for a chat, then Shawn went and spent some time with Barton, teaching him how to walk and making best friends with him. Andromeda browsed the web for Music & Dance, since she wanted to max the hobby. Barton was too tired to continue learning to walk, so Shawn went outside and did some gardening to get his sunlight motive up. Before work Andromeda and Shawn unsuccessfully tried for baby - three is enough!

Anne got promoted to Space Pirate, marking her second LTW - her new one is to become City Planner. Andromeda got promoted to Prestidigitator, filling her second LTW as well. Her new LTW is Graduate 3 Kids From College. Off she went to browse the web for Music & Dance while Shawn continued the walking lesson and Anne browsed the web for Nature. Barton learned how to walk this time. Shawn did some yoga to get fit, his athletic wear is the fig leaf - a green plantsim with a fig leaf on...seems rather fitting.
Instructor
#9015 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
Yeah, pretty sure Pescado and I have very different definitions of "variety," because all of my Sims wanted to be generals. *eye roll* Whatever. I don't like it that LTWs are tied to aspirations at all, so I got the mod that allows any LTW for all aspirations here: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,91915.0.html

So...Family Sim that wants 20 lovers? Cool. Pleasure Sim that wants to be a Mad Scientist? Why not? Knowledge Sim that wants six kids? Groovy. Fortune Sim that wants to raise hordes of pets? Hey, go for it. It's much better, in my opinion. But then, I like random and weird in my game, so YMMV.

As for what's happening in my game? Inbreeding. Lots of inbreeding. It's kind of what happens when all your playables are related by blood or marriage to one Sim. Also, quite a bit of death, currently. Gen 1 (the first born-in-game one) is dying off and Gen 4 is being born.

I used to love that mod by Pescado. Then I learned on here that it was blocking my sims from ever rolling certain LTWs (and I had been starting to wonder why none of my sims wanted to be politicians anymore). Now I also use the any LTW mod and love it! Though I like a certain amount of randomness, I draw the line sometimes (like if my family sim wanted to have 20 lovers, I'd just feel too weird trying to fulfill that). I feel like most of the careers could apply to a sim of any LTW, but a few just don't mix in my mind (I could see a pleasure sim being forced into a career in the military, but I just couldn't see that being their ultimate lifelong dream). I actually wrote up LTW rules of my own (based on a combination of personality, interests, and aspiration) and basically reroll the LTW until it fits the sim. Sometimes I see a certain sim very strongly as having a certain LTW and make sure they get it. Other times I roll up an LTW that doesn't totally fit my written rules, but still makes sense for the sim in question, so I let it stay. And sometimes I let sims have an LTW, but don't ever let them fulfill it. In my game, Rick Contrary has a deep dark LTW to be a ballet dancer, but because of his in game behavior he's ended up in the criminal career track as an adult. I imagine him as being afraid to admit to anyone that really he's always wanted to dance, and instead acting like the tough guy he's convinced everyone he is. I'm liking this system because it's at least somewhat random, but also makes some sense- kind of like what I initially wanted from Pescado's mod but didn't get because the logic behind his mod didn't match my own thoughts behind LTWs.
Top Secret Researcher
#9016 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 1:56 AM
I only played for a little bit today when I realized I wasn't really in the mood to play and was just forcing myself. Darn you real life issues getting in the way of my happy simming time!!!

Isabella Hart has been staying with her sister at their family home since she got divorced. Just as I had predicted, just a few rotations later and Isabella and her ex husband started hooking up again and being lovey-dovey at parties. Their daughter Sophia is one day from heading to Sim State so instead of having Sophia move in with her mom for a day (since its her mom's weekend) Isabella and Demitri just decided that they would get back together so Isabella moved back in with Demitri. Sophia is going to be surprised when she wakes up to see her mom having coffee in the morning. I see a vow renewal/second wedding ceremony in the future, hopefully Isabella doesn't cheat on Demitri again.

I played one semester with Ryan Harris. When he aged up he aged into one of those tattooed outfits which I had planned on changing but then I realized Ryan pulled it off pretty well and it kind of suited him. It reminded me of his father, which gave me all the more reason to let him keep it. I could hear his mom now..."You're just like your father!" (They divorced when Ryan was a child) Ian was an underachieving, fun and carefree guy who never took anything serious. Heck, I don't even think he finished college.

As of right now Ryan is undeclared because he's not sure what career he'll get into. I think his options were criminal, journalism, oceanography and a couple other that didn't need a degree. Luckily he's a knowledge sim so I doubt his mother will ever have to worry about him being like his father.
Field Researcher
#9017 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 6:37 AM
All of the Dirkwoodians are gathering together for family photos (which I plan on sharing soon!) and the Holmo girls (Willa and Grace) are the first of the next generation to age into adulthood! Even though Grace had been adopted, she and Willa are just as inseperable as twins. Both girls pooled their mpney to buy a 2 bedroom startee, even though it put them under by about 2200 in funds. Their parents, Olivia and Jasper, have also decided to adopt another toddler to be a sibling for their baby sister Alanna, who is 2-3 live stages younger than them. The girls are a bit bummed to have missed out on college, but they're both working hard at their jobs and trying to find someone to share their lives with!

Take the Hard Hat Challenge. A relatively quick challenge designed to be added into almost any established hood.

Hollow Tune - Brick 'N' Mortar.

{San-Yip-See-Ah}
Mad Poster
#9018 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 6:57 AM
I moved the Larson twins into this beautiful lot in Bluewater Village after plopping down about 500 mortgage bushes. They used the third bedroom for an office, I wasn't sure about what kind of business they'd open until I noticed that both of their hobbies were music & dance. So it was simple from there - a music shop!

Then I used the SimBlender to randomize their gender preferences. Jason came up as bi. Jodie came up as gay. But then when I checked her chemistry she had "facial hair" as a turn-on. Leading me to wonder if there is any way females can have facial hair. SimPE hacking, maybe.

I reinstalled the any-LTW hack and I rerolled theirs (mostly out of curiosity, but also I didn't particularly like the ones they had). I got up interesting ones for them: Jodie's is for 20 best friends, and Jason's was "Become Professional Party Guest." At least neither of them rolled the Hand of Poseidon want.
Forum Resident
#9019 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 8:09 AM
I've been playing a variety of households.

I had a really odd glitch with a servo the other day, but it's been fixed and the game has been running fine since then. I finished the spring with that lot - a senior's residence, where the servo acts as a caretaker. A couple of the seniors are fortune sims, so they've home also acts as a community center/bandatron business. The first day the business was open, the servo was struck by lightening while taking out the trash. I've never seen a servo run amok before. She didn't shock any customers, but they were dismayed to see Herbert Goodie get shocked once and poor Faith was zapped twice. Fortunately for the Goodies, they had just had a dream date so their needs were full and the shocks only brought Faith to red in the bladder need. Joe Graham seems to have gotten over Dora's death; he isn't interested in a particular person, but he has rolled a want to get married. I think he misses having a spouse. He came down with flu on the last day of spring and there wasn't time for him to recover; he tried soup but reinfected himself. He's adding excitement to the rest of this rotation as I don't know where he'll show up to spread the virus.

Finishing off the spring with the Ottomas household, they managed to get a bit more excitement into their week. A storm started a fire just as the children and teens were boarding the school bus. It spread to two squares before it was put out, and Sharla and Tommy had to walk to school with very low hygiene.

At their brother David's (now David Kratz), Peta gave birth to twin boys named Doran and Davis after their grandmother and father. Their kitten, Bonkers, aged to a well behaved adult cat. Even with the twins taking a lot of time, the cat gets a lot of attention. David managed to get a job in music and opened his music business lot. So far there isn't very much there - just a piano and a stereo, and David has been playing for tips. Once he's got enough money to really build the place, it will sell instruments and audio equipment, and might have practice rooms (for music lessons) or a tiny performance area. Peta got a job working for the post office - they will build that lot, too, as they get the funds to do so.

At Julien Cooke and Trisha Traveller's, they have finally gotten their cooking skills high enough to open their restaurant. The main dining room is a very formal area, but there is a casual patio with bar, dance area, and a corner with darts. Despite it being spring and them having a couple of dates, neither Julien or Trisha have rolled any wants to get engaged or married. They did get a genie lamp, and used money from it to improve the restaurant - the dining room has a fireplace, decor, and the floors and walls are now appealing. They also did some landscaping at both the restaurant and their house; both now look to fit the neighbourhood I am trying to build.

At the doctor's house, both doctors have been working at the home-based clinic and at the hospital. Hannah is the only one with the ability to make Grandma's comfort soup, so she's been making many of those to sell out of the hospital. At the home clinic, there are group meals of it available to patients who visit. The clinic wasn't open as often as I wanted it to be. The first part of spring saw the teenagers in the house (4 of them) pass colds back and forth. The youngest of the triplets, Petra, rolled another want to get abducted by aliens - I rolled a die to see if she'd get pregnant or not, and she did. She also rolled a want to meet aliens 5 times. I don't have aliens abduct pregnant sims, so that want had to wait a few days. She had twins. Then she rolled another want to meet aliens. She did, and did not get pregnant. She still had a want to meet aliens 5 times, though. Her fourth abduction resulted in another pregnancy (it was the last day of spring; she doesn't know about the pregnancy yet). Her older brother wants her to get abducted again (he likes aliens) but her two younger brothers fear it.

I'm trying to decide how Petra's fascination with aliens and repeated (teen) pregnancies by them will affect her LTW to become mayor - I don't normally play with anti-alien discrimination or with any social taboos about unwed mothers, but having a some sims opposed to supernatural sims or unwed woohoo would add challenge and drama. Looking at the cult thread, I'm thinking of adding both religions and an obscure cult or two to my 'hood; and I'm also thinking of having political parties as my town's population grows. Having different groups like that within the game could affect Petra's popularity and acceptability as a political figure.

At the Traveller-McCarthy house, Tina spent the spring helping Herbert Bigfoot with his flower shop. She's got a low neutral relationship with her step-mother, and while still best friends with her mother Tina is upset with Trisha for picking fights with Trent. Tina continues to take care of her father and alien half-brother; she rolls wants to learn to cook new recipes despite not being very interested in the cuisine hobby; she autonomously cleans; and she's the one fixing the plumbing. Step-mom Daisy gave birth to baby River was born near the beginning of spring, and then headed back to work as a gardener. Schedules for work and school among the four oldest members of the household worked out well, with someone home at all times. Trent got promoted, so is now the Dread Pirate Trent, and Herbert got promoted in the agriculture career. It took Daisy most of the spring to get a skill point she needed, but she eventually also got a promotion. River aged to a toddler, and Trent rolled wants to teach him all the skills; Daisy wanted to teach him the nursery rhyme. After he learned the song, Daisy rolled a want for a baby; Trent rolled the same want when he woke up. I locked the wants, but left it up to ACR to act on them. The last day of spring, while I was watching Tina garden, I heard chimes. I think Tina will be glad she's going into summer vacation. I'm not sure when she'll be old enough for university (fall or winter), but she's looking forward to it with mixed feelings - she is worried about leaving her dad, but wants to be away from some of the responsibilities she has at home and away from the fights between him and Trisha.

I've just opened the Newson household. Ginger has left for university, leaving her toddler daughter in Gallagher's care (he's great with her, and rolls wants to play with her all the time). Gabriella is rolling wants to interact with her dog, Pepper. Garret wants mechanical skills and to phone Gavin and Ginger. Georgia has a broken wrist (soccer injury; the doctor put it in a cast at the end of last rotation when Georgia visited the clinic). Georgia can't play sports or piano, or take showers, until she has the cast removed at the end of spring. Since Georgia loves the piano and games of catch, she's in for a long spring. Hopefully she rolls a want to make a friend or for something like a cooking skill point so she can fill a want by reading.
Field Researcher
#9020 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 6:37 PM
SilverMoon House - After finals the boys putzed around, making food, playing on the dance sphere or sleeping til it was time for Balin to go to class. Which means he's going to miss work today, or at least part of it. Barak worked some more on his Cosmetology badge, which he got. I sent Balin off to work after class, and Barak booty called Narissa. He wisely got her into the hot tub. Things went to their natural conclusion and Barak even got his first kiss from Narissa - how he hasn't gotten that yet is beyond me. But I think Narissa is a winner! Of course not paying attention to the time I had him ask her on a date - which was aborted due to her having a class. Doh! But now I know her aspiration - she's a Fortune sim too. Fortunately she called him once they were both out of class for another date. I took them to Go Here Sunshine Park and the date progressed okay, but Barak wanted to take her back to his place. Things quickly got hot and heavy between them, leading to a dream date. Barak quickly put a ring on it (seriously, they already rolled engagement wants) and I just let them free range until the timer went down.

Balin made friends with one of his professors and Banyan headed off to bed. The next morning Balin headed off to class and him and Banyan had the day off. Barak did yoga to get fit, while Banyan studied logic to get his last remaining skill point. The coach nailed Balin - who definitely needed to work out! Barak went to class and Banyan booty called Stephanie - looks like another possible winner! Balin got a call from Bartholomew and they chatted for awhile and became friends over the phone. Banyan had to go to class after his booty call. Balin threw a party with all his friends, including various family members. Both Wendy and Kimberly were invited, and both got their first kisses off of Balin - but he hasn't necessarily chosen one yet. Apparently Bailey and Barid have some bad blood going on, as they spent part of the party poking each other and getting into each other's faces, and I couldn't tell you why. Collin and Andromeda hit the photobooth, while Barid and Bailey got into a fight. Bailey won, and the party was a roof raiser!

The next morning it was time for finals. All three boys got A+'s again. Barak had to go to class when he got back. The boys called friends, ate and otherwise played til it was time for Banyan and Balin to go to class. Barak and Balin did some research together before Balin's class. Bartholomew decided to call his other big brother Barak. Banyan got a coupon for a free meal from somewhere. When Balin got back from class, I sent him to Townie Graveyard to attempt to fulfill his want to see a ghost., and while he waited I made him dig for stuff to gain some fitness. Unfortunately he didn't get scared at any point in the evening, the ghosts only scared one person instead of the usual several, so they must have been feeling mellow that evening. Balin went straight to bed after he got home, with a brief stop to clean the stink off of him. Banyan wanted to maximize the games hobby, so he browsed the web for it while Barak worked on the bronze Florist badge he wanted.

Balin and Banyan had to work the next morning, so off they went. Barak played with the mod synth, which has to be one of the most annoying things in the game, I swear. Barak then had class and afterwards he studied mechanical to get the point he needed. I used the time to switch out the dining room tables and chairs, as one had a stuck in use tag and it looked strange with two different tables! I also added another bedroom, as I'm pretty sure at least one person will be joining the household this rotation. They're all identical, so it didn't take long. Balin and Banyan came home from work, with Banyan going directly to class. Balin got an outing call from Catherine de Muse. This time we tried Lucky Shack. Brittney was the other person in this one too - I'm starting to think I need new townies and she knows them all! They all hit the poker table, naturally. It was a fun outing, and Balin got himself a mechanical skill point from it. While we were waiting for the taxi to show up, we were blessed with the musical stylings of Jules - the boy can sing! As soon as he got back it was time to go to class. Barak earned his bronze Florist badge and started working on his silver. Barak and Balin researched their respective majors together before it was time for finals. Naturally they all managed A+'s.
Mad Poster
#9021 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 7:06 PM
Mercedes Monty refused to roll any skilling wants or fears of being expelled, quit working out when the coach bullied her into it about a half a stage short of getting the body point, and couldn't find enough stuff I could make her clean, so - she is my first-ever college dropout! Romy, left behind in the sorority, is more upset about it than she is. She actually went on one last campus visit after her final, left the pizza on the sidewalk, and grew up before she could eat any. Romy keeps crying about it, but Mercedes moved back in with Patrizia and Isador, bought new clothes and jewelry, and threw a party. The first event of which was a kitchen fire - and the Monty kitchen had no fire alarm! What is the matter with these people? Mercedes got it out and enough of her guests got baths that not everyone left early. A pretty good time was had by all, though the guest list had a number of drama vectors in it, including both of Mercedes's lovers, and Devon Capp showed up to poke Antonia and got kicked out by Isador.

Antonia hasn't made room at the restaurant for Mercedes to work there yet - after all, she was supposed to have another semester at college - but Mercedes is okay with that. Mercedes is a stealth rebel. The only part of the Capp/Monty feud she takes seriously is the part where she hates Tibby Capp, and that's a deep personal commitment on both sides. She knows Romy's engaged to Julian, which leaves her poised as the natural Heir to Everything, and she's willing to coast for awhile looking after the grandparents (or anyway Isador; Patrizia is always on her case) and being "good" in order to take over and institute a reign of sanity when they're gone. In the meantime, she'll tone down her style of dress to suit them and maybe even date the boys they point her at. Why shouldn't they die old and happy? It's time somebody did.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#9022 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 9:00 PM
Main House - Bartholomew walked to school, while Adam and Aaron went off to work. Bailey worked on her gold Cosmetology badge. Brooklyn the cat died that morning, and everyone was broken up about it, including their long term maid, Mason Cameron and gardener, Alexandra Cooper Adam mysteriously teleported in from work for the event, so I had to send him back. Eve was the most brokenhearted, she cried for quite awhile after Brooklyn was nothing more than an urn. Brooklyn was 34 days old when she died. Jules thought Eve was carrying on unnecessarily. The grave got moved to the Pet Cemetery, because I find pet ghosts weird and creepy. The downside is I don't get to see the cute interactions between sim ghosts and pet ghosts. I mostly let them free range for the day, since other than Bartholomew's homework nothing was pressing. Then it was time for Eve to pass on, she lived to be 92 days old.

Her insurance policy benefited 24 people.

Adam - 20,000
Abbie - 10,000
Aaliyah - 10,000
Aaron - 10,000
Abe - 10,000

She will be greatly missed. Though part of me is dancing in relief - my sims live quite a long time most of the time! Her husband Adam still has about 14 days left before he joins her. Adam went directly to the sauna, which was the last thing used by Eve. Brittney called Adam shortly after Eve's death and Bailey earned her gold Cosmetology badge right before it was time for her to go to college. She grew into a rather dowdy looking top and skirt that suits the fall weather and seems to suit her as well. Jules came home with a promotion to Tap Dancer and a friend. I chained Barnard to the telescope as he wanted the Extraterrestrial Reparations Grant. Bartholomew made friends with Bandele and Adam got his gold Cosmetology badge. Of course he also rolled the want to fall in love, which is totally NOT happening unless he does it himself. Though Adam never did sleep that night, he kept thinking about Eve's death.
Mad Poster
#9023 Old 1st Mar 2016 at 9:03 PM
Moved the Burb family into 170 Sim Lane. The first thing John Burb did was tell Jennifer a dirty joke involving a video game, a beach ball, and handcuffs.
Top Secret Researcher
#9024 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 4:26 PM
Default Inada/Davis
The school session was quite chaotic this week. Georgina Wrightley got in many fights with Melissa Landgraab and Sophia Milad. I am 99.9% sure its over Ryan Harris or another boy. It'll be interesting to see how Georgina and Sophia are around each other in college because they're both going this rotation, into the same dormand Ryan Harris is already over there. College will certainly be interesting this year.

I bounced back and forth with the Inadas and Davises because I was expecting Savannah's grandfather to pass away but he ended up living an extra day than I anticipated, yay.

Savannah stayed an extra day at the family home so her grandfather could meet her baby in case he wouldn't be able to make it to the wedding. Even though the game doesn't recognize great-grandchildren I still put the effort in so they can have a relationship. When she returned from work she packed up their stuff and headed over to her fiances house.

Parker and his mother have already prepared the extra bedroom for the baby. Rei is extremely happy to have her first grandchild be living with them. Rei loves children and always wished she'd had more. Parker had been debating wether he should join the military like Savannah suggested. He was thisclose to joining when he found a really good job offer for level 9 in the intelligence field. He'll be making around a grand a day! Maybe they'll be able to buy a better house in the future....

When Savannah arrived the preparations for the wedding started immediately. Makell and Suri have offered to pay for the wedding so she used the loan jar to pay for everything and gave it to her mother as a gift when she arrived. They spent about $11,000 because trying to make their ugly backyard look pretty was hard. Savannah is officially Mrs. Savannah Davis!

The next day was baby Karen's birthday. I thought enough time had passed for everyone to be able to be under the same roof without any drama but boy was I wrong. As soon and Rei's ex husband came on the lot she got wants to kiss him so I had to keep her occupied. Unfortunately that wasn't enough, after Karen blew out her candles and aged up I heard a lot of commotion in the living room and realized that two couples were slapping each other. Sephora Davis (Parker's 'stepmom' ) had flirted/been flirted with Makell Inada (Savannah's father) so of course Parker's father and Savannah's mother weren't too happy about that. They were all asked to leave soon after. Take your drama elsewhere, this is child's birthday party after all! ACR is a pain in my butt sometimes!!! Now I'm not sure what to do with the couples, I really don't want to roll for a divorce for either couple. Suri has been a stay at home mom most of her life and has no job experience nor does she have any family to stay with...Coincidentally the only family she does have is related to the incident at the party. (Emette just moved in with Dakota who's cousins with Suri) Emette and Sephora just moved in with his father to take over the family home. Sephora does still have her old home, Emette's second oldest child is living there now so she'd have to kick her out if they divorce.

Anyways... Karen aged up and so far looks like a nice mixture of both parents, she's also is an overachiever sim.

Karen's birthday party put a bit of a damper on the Inada household. When I went back to them Suri was furious at Makell (understandably) and Cale Inada was expected to pass away any second now. Cale is just glad he was able to meet baby Karen and attend Savannah's wedding. He could finally die in peace.....and so he did. Everyone spent the rest of the rotation crying and depressed. I couldn't even try to fix Suri and Makell's relationship because they would put the book down and start to cry constantly.

Some positive things that happened at the Inadas....Avgeni got promoted to broadway star. His LTW is to be a musician but he got a job offer he couldn't resist. Maybe now that he has more fame he could do the crossover thing to music and become a rock god. Take that Hannah Harris! You could have been with someone semi famous! (Hannah was about to marry Avgeni but then left him for another man) With the promotion he decked out his children's bedroom. He bought them a bunkbed and lots of toys for when he has them.

William Inada has been pretty stagnant, I think its about time that he moves out so I can focus on him a bit more. With so many sims and things going on its easy to lose focus on him. I'm sure he'd appreciate sleeping on a big bed instead of the bunk bed. (Both William and Makell have been sleeping on the bunk beds)

Makell got promoted to studio musician which means he's working nights now. Suri isn't too happy about that, considering the recent cheating incident.

Suri has been trying to look for a job just in case they do end up going their separate ways. Unfortunately her inexperience is making it difficult. Hopefully she can find a nannying job.

Madison has been taking her husband's death pretty hard. I think she'll be retiring soon so she can slow down and enjoy her last couple of years with her family. Avgeni will be having the children over next rotation so she has that to look forward to!

Time to dwell on whether I'll be rolling for a divorce next time I play them

R.I.P. Cale Inada. You'll be greatly missed! I hope I find your tombstone soon so you can truly rest in peace.
Forum Resident
#9025 Old 2nd Mar 2016 at 5:05 PM Last edited by stitching : 3rd Mar 2016 at 10:26 AM.
The Newsons just finished their spring. Gallagher and Gabriella were a bit stressed as they tried keeping the house in order, helping their siblings with homework and getting through their own homework (harder homework hack). Gabriella did have time and the desire to spend some time working on the restorable car and she took her dog jogging most mornings before school. Gallagher got his fun up by playing with with Ginger's toddler, Lauren. Garrett had a great spring; he had lots of easily filled wants, and autonomously did chores. Lauren was cared for during the school day by a nanny that I've had fairly good luck with on another lot, but Lauren's needs seemed to baffle her. I guess nannies can't handle a tot with hunger and social less than half full who is also exhausted. Instead of letting her sleep, the nanny fed her five bottles in a row and kept picking her up to cuddle. When Lauren did finally pass out on the floor, the nanny did do a great job cleaning the whole house, but Lauren stayed on the floor for a couple of hours before I moved her to a sleep mat. The second last day of spring she aged into a child. She shares a room with Georgia; Georgia had been on her own in the room since the older siblings left for university and she seems to resent now sharing with a younger child she barely knows and their interests are completely different. Hopefully they get to know and like each other over the summer. Georgia was on the edge of miserable for most of the spring - she's got a broken wrist and I played her with restrictions as a result. Most of her wants were for things she couldn't do, like play marco polo or catch. She was stuck with time consuming baths for getting clean, and the things she could do for fun didn't build that need quickly (no TV at their house). On the last day of spring (Friday), she had a chance card at school about choosing dodgeball vs. kickball - I decided to pretend that the card had happened at the beginning of spring before she broke her wrist instead of ignoring it. We went with dodgeball, and the response was that the game was rowdy. "Georgia is hit in the arm with a ball and her family must pay for some nominal hospital bills." I thought her wrist was broken in a soccer game, but I guess it had been dodgeball.
Locked thread | Locked by: Delphy Reason: Post in v2 :)
Page 361 of 363