Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Atavera's Creations Repository

by Atavera (retired) Posted 3rd Jan 2007 at 8:47 PM - Updated 7th Jan 2009 at 2:48 PM by Numenor : Updated Prison Door

244 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 227 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 10
Field Researcher
#76 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 5:09 AM
Love the selection of guitars.
Only one thing.
There appears to be a bug in the V4 Guitar hack.
A sim will play the guitar and I will click on the guitar that sim using with a different sim and it will come up with the option for them to join or practice.
I tried it and a error came up so I reset then the sim playing the guitar will play it with it's arms all crossed up.

Pretty funny to watch.

But then again I guess since Atavera has retired the hack comes as is.

You expect people to pay for those hairs?!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#77 Old 18th Jan 2007 at 9:04 AM
Yes, I noticed that bug, too; and at first I thought it was a big problem.
But then I realized that clicking on the guitar was not correct: even with the Maxis guitar, the user must always click on the amplifier in order to get the right interactions.
I think I should just get rid completely of the menu from the guitar, and leave active only the menu from the ampli. But the menu from the guitar is contained in the package of the guitar, and editing all those packages is bejond my possibilities (considering my chronic lack of time and total lack of interest in musical instruments )

Thanks for reporting and for giving me the chance to explain this.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 3:19 AM
Now I believe my question didn't get answered. Atavera, are you going to be uploading your Target neon sign? Because it is missing out of the neon shops collection. Does anyone know where I could find it?!
Test Subject
#79 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 1:39 PM Last edited by drycat : 20th Jan 2007 at 1:54 PM.
I just wanted to add something that may be a problem with the custom guitars. I am fairly anal about what I put in my downloads folder, and make sure to test the compatability of any new semi or global hacks that I use. But, let me first say that I thoroughly enjoy the custom guitars

And, I have downloaded them all from this repository, and I realize that Numenor is in some way trying to keep it alive by trying to reply to problems/feedback. Now, the problem I am having is with the dance animation associated with a controlled sim when they select from the radial menu that pops up when you click on the guitar or the amplifier ( tried them both ) on one of atavera's custom guitars. They will begin to dance, but then they freeze up after a few seconds, and the sim playing the instrument walks away from the amplifier stand with the guitar and stops playing and remains with the guitar stuck in their arms until you reselect the amplifier to start playing again and stop it normally to remove the guitar.

This happens every time. I tried it with the standard Maxi instruments, and the animation works fine, no trouble. Maybe I have missed something(a download, or maybe someone has already fixed this or addressed it), or maybe it is a difficulty with the custom guitar global hack. I have none of the conflicting hacks mentioned in the V4 guitar hack, and I have installed an reinstalled the guitars, even adding an extra amplifier, even though each guitar comes with it's own.

Numenor, if you don't mind taking a look at this, to see if you can reproduce it, I would appreciate it. The game is still playable, with or without the custom guitar hack, but you miss all thoise wonderful guitars that Atavera spent so much time making. Of, course, you can still play the instruments only, but it is kind of annoying.

Thanks for the creations Atavera, and thanks for keeping things alive for this content Numenor.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#80 Old 20th Jan 2007 at 4:58 PM
Default Thread Update!
20 JAN 2007 - ADDED: 4 guitars and 2 'Real brand' signs
  • Playable Guitar - Minarik "Inferno" v4A + Recolours
  • Playable Guitar - Minarik "Goddess" v4A + Recolours
  • Playable Guitar - Minarik "Samhain" v4A + Recolours
  • Playable Guitar - Minarik "Trinity" v4A
  • Real brand Neon Sign - "Target"
  • Real brand Neon Sign - "Tesco"

Thanks to anyone pointed out these missing items. If you find something still missing, let me know (even if you don't have the files); but I think that the collection should be complete, now.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#81 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 12:54 AM
Thanks. Happen to have it in a .zip file?

promise me you'll never leave, promise me you'll always stay
Test Subject
#82 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 3:31 AM
thanks! but, i downloaded the guitars and the flyin v shows up in the catalog but when i buy it the guitar is missing???
The ModFather
retired moderator
#83 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 3:10 PM Last edited by Numenor : 22nd Jan 2007 at 3:20 PM.
Crimetape - Use the Q-Xpress, if you have problems managing the RARs.

Kurl - Let me check that Flyin V...
EDIT: The "Gibson Flyin' V v4" appears correctly in my catalog and in the game. But my Downloads folder is "clean": I only have the Custom Instrument hack and the Fliyin V. Are you sure you haven't an old version somewhere in your Downloads?

Test Subject
#84 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 3:47 PM
I really really want all the guitars Atavera did in a zip please please
specially the dean guitars that dimebag played...
The ModFather
retired moderator
#85 Old 24th Jan 2007 at 9:49 PM
Undress - If you look at the attachments in the instruments post, you will find a last line reading "Download all above files with Q-Xpress (requires 1.1.4 or above)", with a red "Q" next to it: install the Q-Xpress and then click that single icon (the red Q) and you'll get all the instruments at once

Test Subject
#86 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 3:12 AM
If you notice malfunctions or bugs, let us know, too: though no support is granted on these objects, some modder can volunteer to fix it; in any case, you will help other users, who can avoid using faulty objects.

I think I have a problem.... the sonic shower and the bug zapper downloads won't go through..
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#87 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 8:39 AM
Thank you for repositing all great stuff

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
The ModFather
retired moderator
#88 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 9:21 PM
Adama, I was talking about malfunctions in how the object work in game
I know that - every now and then - there are downloading problems; just retry, possibly at a different time of the day.

Test Subject
#89 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 1:30 AM
where are his guitars and basses i cant find them

Close your eyes to see beynd the truth.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#90 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 4:32 AM
From the first post:

Quote:
TABLE OF CONTENT
  1. Musical Instruments ----------> See Post #2

Test Subject
#91 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 1:50 AM
i knwo i saw it right afte ri posted...im an idiot

Close your eyes to see beynd the truth.
Test Subject
#92 Old 1st Feb 2007 at 4:49 AM
Thank you so much for reposting the toddler and baby blankets. I had reinstalled my games and was going nuts when I found out Atavera had retired and I couldn't get them! I absolutely love them, they are some of the most useful objects I downloaded.

All of my friends are geeks. I'm okay with that.
Test Subject
#93 Old 3rd Feb 2007 at 11:53 PM
numeor - when i opened files - i found out the problem -
! C:\Documents and Settings\Games Only\My Documents\MTS2_437495_Atavera_(retired)_Neon-AlphabetRecolours_NL.rar: Unexpected end of archive
i am using rar file - why this was happened
The ModFather
retired moderator
#94 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 12:01 AM
The archive got corrupted while downloading. Redownload it (possibly, clear the cache and restart the browser).

Test Subject
#95 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 3:31 PM
i love all the guitars!!!!!!!!!!!!! thnk u !!
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 7:33 AM
Atavera's animated window hack?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#97 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 8:04 PM Last edited by Numenor : 18th Feb 2007 at 1:56 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Blacksmith2
Atavera's animated window hack?

Here it is!
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=215766

(EDITED to fix link, sorry for the mistake)

Test Subject
#98 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 2:22 AM Last edited by rsdworker : 17th Feb 2007 at 2:24 AM. Reason: mistake - it should be feedback post
thank you Numenor - it fixed now i able download the items inside WinRAR
The ModFather
retired moderator
#99 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 1:58 AM
Oops! Sorry Blacksmith, I provided the wrong link. Here is the right one:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=215766

I've also edited my previous post, to fix the error, thanks for pointing it out.
Now, please, edit your own post and remove the attachment.

Top Secret Researcher
#100 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 6:45 PM
Numenor, this is such a great topic as i missed a lot of Atavera's great items - particularily the neon letters which i needed a LOT for all my shops ^^
but....
i don't get it, Atavera retired, yet i found this:
http://www.mandmneedfulthings.ca/Fo...opic.php?t=1656
look at the date & the creator's name of that posted item, Atavera was already retired.
?!!!?
2 possibilities here: 1) Atavera only retired from MTS2 2) it's another Atavera

Huh? Is it the same Atavera?

EDIT: oh darn, i just checked the link & it seems you must have a registration there to see the topic - i only have a free member registr. Okay here's a paste:

Posted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 2:05 am Post subject: Country Iron Bed *Exclusive* MMNT Member File
Subject description: By Atavera
Page 4 of 10