Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2013 at 10:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default No drink option on sims
I have had a small problem with the vampires on the game. I just turned my sim into a vampire but there's no option to drink from sim, even though they were friends. Where could it have disappeared? Can someone help?

Thanks.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 4th Feb 2013 at 12:46 AM
Have you done the Game Problem FAQ? http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem

What happened at each step?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 4:46 AM
I found out that this occurs only with the sims I was controlling. I changed household to vampire household and I could see the drink option. I dunno why it does this.
Site Helper
#4 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 3:18 PM
Well, at least you know it's limited to just those sims.

I was going to ask if they had anything in common, but if they are all sims you created they have CAS in common. How did they get turned into a vampire?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 4:55 PM
The sim who lacks the drink option is made in CAS and has been turned into a vampire by another vampire (NPC). Now I just changed household to one of those "NPC" families. He has been programmed to be a vampire and I'm playing as him now and he has the drink option.
Site Helper
#6 Old 5th Feb 2013 at 11:52 PM
Ok, I'm going to suggest the Game Problem FAQ. http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._3_Game_Problem (again)

Hopefully it will turn out to be a bad bit of CC. If you get to the part of trying in a -completely- vanilla game, we already know part of that answer. Go with a completely vanilla game -except- make a new sim in CAS, get him turned into a vampire and see what happens.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 5:27 AM
I was able to get the drink option for my sims which had not the drink option. I edited him in CAS and added him the vampire trait, then he got the drink option, but should the vampire trait come as he turned? My other sim has been turned into a vampire before but it was a long time ago, but I think that the transformation worked perfectly back then.
Site Helper
#8 Old 6th Feb 2013 at 6:16 PM
I don't know. I've only played with vampires in Sims 2. I never got Late Night, and my copy of Supernatural is only a couple weeks old. I'm still experimenting with a fairy married to an elven witch. I would assume that the option should have come with the transformation, which was why I was suggesting the Game Problem FAQ (Since this is something that sounds like a game problem.)

Back up the game.
Clear the caches and test a CAS sim (You can use testingcheatsenabled true to raise a relationship quickly once your sim has met a vampire.) If a newly turned vampire has the option, it was a cache problem. You can continue, or quit without saving.

If it didn't work, you need to see if it is caused by CC... (As explained in the FAQ) Hopefully this will work, and will mean you have a bit of bad CC interfering. You would be surprised at what can affect something else in this game. Then you can go through the process of tracking down the bad CC, which is actually not as daunting as it sounds. You do clear half of it at each step. If you have about 32000 files, it will take 15 steps. If you have up to 65,536 files will take 16 steps. (And make you a candidate for Inge's test as to whether merging package files is really worth the effort. ) I'm really hoping that it does turn out to be CC, because the next thing to test is your user files, and if they aren't the source of the problem then it might be game files.

Test Subject
#9 Old 7th Feb 2013 at 9:17 AM
It's in supernatural isn't it? I haven't been vampire yet, but it sounds interesting
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 8:34 PM
No, I have late night only.

However, now my game is lagging very badly after patching it from 1.42 to 1.48. I tried removing the mods but it's still lagging. I've used 4gb patch tho so anyone have any idea where I could get the original .exe files back so I could see if that fixes the problem (without uninstalling the game.)
Site Helper
#11 Old 9th Feb 2013 at 10:26 PM
The only place I know of to get the original .exe files is from the disc, unless you backed them up before patching. (Which is starting to look like a good idea...)

Glitches plus lagging sounds like we might need to see your system specs. http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...lp:System_Specs (And Please use the template!)

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...g/Common_Errors might have something helpful as well.