Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 3:40 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 17th Apr 2014 at 3:04 PM.
Default Changing baby eye color...
Is there a mod that allows changing eye color IN game ?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 3:49 AM
If mum has just brown eyes with no recessives then yes all of their children will have brown eyes. Mums brown eyes are dominant or B/B while if dad has no other recessives his eyes are b/b. I'm guessing he has pale blue eyes as dark blue are more dominant. So if mum offers over a B and dad offers over a b for each child, the children will have B/b That is brown eyes showing with pale blue recessive. It gets a bit more tricky with other colours. When the kids grow up it's possible for them to give you pale blue eyed grand babies depending on who they marry. For looks you could use coloured eye contacts or go into SimPE under DNA and change the eye colour code.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 3:54 AM Last edited by Rosebine : 17th Apr 2014 at 4:18 AM.
Well yeah..I read through a lot of bla, bla about eyes. I just want to change their color, and make it dominant. SimPE didn't help...or I was not doing what was right.
I think dad has dark blue, it is what it seems like. he is a townie, I didn't make him. No. colored eyes contacts, not interested..as I said.
I guess i should open SimPE now, look at the dad's eye code? then fix all 3 kids, changing their codes to his?

EDIT
Dad has pale blue eys..you were right. Custom eyes, of course...
I exported both him and the first born child. As I thought, even after surgery in simpe, Melody still had her mom's brown eyes...(custom too)
Should I understand that checking "eyes only" does not work? maybe this just changes the codes in recessive..as in her DNA, she has dad's recessive, and mom's as dominant. But that didn't change her eye color in game.
So..is there ANY mods that allows eye color change at all in game?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 6:41 AM
Bla...bla? No need to be rude, do you want help or not? As I said in the last line you need the DNA tab in SimPE not sim surgery.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 2:45 PM
How that was rude? blabla as a lot of reading, words and such. I don't want to have to write a thesis, I just want to change eye color in game. if this is not possible, so be it. You are getting nicer and nicer, how sweet.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 3:00 PM
Well maybe it's cultural, but yes saying bla bla back at someone here basically means shut the heck up. I laid that all out as I thought you might want to avoid this happening in the future as well as to answer the semi question about grand children.

Yes it's possible under the More then DNA tab. In there your sim will have a dominant eye colour and a recessive eye colour. If you want the kids to have dads eyes you will need to change their dominant eye colour to his pale blue ones. You can do that by grabbing the code off his and changing their code to his eye colour. I have the maxis (or default) written down, but you will have to look and see what his is being custom. If you want you could give the mum the same but as a recessive.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Well maybe it's cultural, but yes saying bla bla back at someone here basically means shut the heck up. I laid that all out as I thought you might want to avoid this happening in the future as well as to answer the semi question about grand children.

Yes it's possible under the More then DNA tab. In there your sim will have a dominant eye colour and a recessive eye colour. If you want the kids to have dads eyes you will need to change their dominant eye colour to his pale blue ones. You can do that by grabbing the code off his and changing their code to his eye colour. I have the maxis (or default) written down, but you will have to look and see what his is being custom. If you want you could give the mum the same but as a recessive.

I did just that. I copied the dad's to all 3 kids.
It was not back at you, is was about all the references, tuts, and whatnot found on the net in general. Sorry you took it personal.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 10:56 PM
That's okay, I was just really taken aback.

So you did that under the More-DNA Tab where it shows skin, eyes and hair? You deleted the kids dominant eye code and pasted in dads eye code, confirmed saved and then did the same for the other two kids? I'll open SimPE and take a picture just in case you're in another area.

Make sure it's plug in view

For some reason the red brush didn't show on the printsceen of the second picture, but top line under dominant gene.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 11:49 PM
Yes.
Dad had the same code for dominant and recessive. (just as your picture)
So I copied it, and then paste it in all 3 kids, as dominant and recessive. hard to tell now..because twins are still infant, and their eyes looks green, not blue.maybe that eye was not made for infant? dunno. it is custom so.
...and i forgot to see if toddler melody still had brown eyes..

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 12:18 AM
If you reopen the kids in SimPE do they show the code changes? You could try taking them to a mirror to change appearance and see if that causes the eye changes to show. Normally changes should show as soon as you load the lot but I think eyes can be harder to show changes.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 1:22 AM
Well, I did for the toddler( change appearance) Picture shows her in CAS actually.
But for the baby twins, I didn't try change appearance. All 3 have brown eyes still.
So maybe I didn't commit in simpe..which i doubt..I always do. :/
I will close game and return to Simpe..at least, I'll see if the changes stuck..or not. Could it be just as silly as..the downloaded eyes do not have a baby/toddler category?
Screenshots

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 2:24 AM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 18th Apr 2014 at 4:34 AM.
I haven't tried to change a babies DNA, only toddler and up. So I'm unsure about babies, if it works or not. Maybe see what happens when they age to toddler or even age them up and back down. Also I know those eyes, they look like the ones I have on my simself and they are VERY dominant. If it's the same ones, kind of brown with green they can take over. It could be that although you have changed their DNA you won't get to see the changes you made in those sims, only newly born sims.

Another idea would be to change all sims with those eyes to maxis code, and delete the brown eye file. Don't delete the eyes first as they will end up with painted on brown eyes.

~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#13 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 11:50 AM
Hiya, I managed to change my babies' eye colour by changing the eye color and altering the DNA as described above. I then used the FFS Lot Debugger/batbox to change the babies appearance, I think it was 'Fix Flashing Blue....(baby's name)' and it worked, the babies got the new eyes.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 12:10 PM
That's a good idea, you can do that on the simblender as well. Don't know why I didn't think about it, I use it to put on baby accessories.

~Call me Jo~
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#15 Old 5th May 2014 at 10:47 PM
Yes, you will need to force an appearance refresh, either with the various modding tools or wait till they age up to a toddler before you will see a change.