Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 9:38 PM
Default accesories that animate with facial expressions?
I want to make an accessory that animates when the sims facial expression changes. Specifically, false eyelashes that move with the sims eyes, close when the sims blinks, widen when the sims eyes widen, etc.

- Are facial expressions controlled by face morphs, or do faces have a facial skeleton?
- If skeleton, where is the facial skeleton to be found? What file?
- If morphs, where are they found? Is there a list of them?

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Sep 2008 at 10:11 PM
There is -no- known way of assigning to facial animation bones. Faces do have animation bones - it just can't be accessed in any known way, shape, or form, and very little appears to be known about exactly how it works.

I'd heard rumours of someone working on a tool to allow manual assignment to these bones, but that was a long time ago and the project I think has been dropped.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Inventor
#3 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 8:30 AM
Would it be possible to make 3D facial paintings? They would be animated like the face.
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 9:35 AM
You can make facial texturing that's painted onto the face, but nothing 3D that sticks out of the face will animate properly with the face. I don't know what you mean by "3D facial paintings" though, Randir.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Inventor
#5 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 11:38 AM
That's just because I've no idea how this is called in the English version of the game. I meant things like the clown make up from freetime or contact lenses. Both are in the same category that I meant.
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 11:54 AM
Ah, yes, that works just fine - those are basically just makeup. They apply to the regular face mesh and work like face paint - just texturing for the existing face. You can't make those 3D more than they already are though.

Inventor
#7 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 1:22 PM
If you are saying this it must be true.
Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HP
I'd heard rumours of someone working on a tool
Aw. Do we know who the last person to work on the project was? Did they leave notes?

retired moderator
#9 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 4:14 PM
I don't think the project ever made it far enough for there to be notes, and it was more from a programming standpoint than anything that would be useful for actual modders. If it ever gets resurrected, I'm sure you'll hear about it.

Not actually evil.
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Sep 2008 at 4:52 PM
I am a programmer, so anything from a programming standpoint interests me. I'll keep an eye out...

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Dec 2008 at 7:49 AM Last edited by carenrose : 1st Dec 2008 at 7:50 AM. Reason: duh ....
Sorry, I know this thread hasn't been posted in since September ...

Just a thought that might help you, CatOfEvilGenius ... GeneralZoi's eye ... http://linna.modthesims2.com/download.php?t=101991

It changes shape with the shape of the eye. I don't know if you've seen this before, probably have.

Edit: I forgot, it actually doesn't blink with the eye. Oops. Sorry ...

Check out Picking Up the Pieces
(Chapter 4 PART TWO posted 9/16/12)
~~~~
Quote:
"Jean-Luc, we're only moving six hundred people." ~Admiral Dougherty
"How many people does it take before it becomes wrong? Hmm? A thousand? Fifty thousand? A million? How many people does it take, Admiral!?" ~Picard
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#12 Old 17th Dec 2008 at 5:45 PM
Also of possible interest are the BV jewelry piercings. They are 3D and animate with the face, maybe if someone figures out how they work, we could do the same.