Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#76 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 2:42 AM
Cyn: I love that pregnancy shot. I haven't seen anything like that before. Very creative and beautiful. I'm in awe.
Advertisement
Scholar
#77 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 2:46 AM
Thank you, its definitely one of my favorites. And i'm in awe at all the entries so far.. WOW!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#78 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 2:52 AM
Awe, I'm sorry to hear that you probably won't be able to enter Lomelindi, however, I do wish you the quickest and most comfortable recovery!

Rainbow, it's absolutely ok to have your photographer sim simmerized, just not the official entries for the rounds. And btw, the second one is just amazing. I've always loved that color technique with B&Ws.

Aha Julieth, I see you posted your application and I love it. I especially like the first shot, just a wonderful city at night moment!

Spongity I hope so too! It'll be great to have you on board!

Tyler, that first shot is simply amazing! The colors, composition, just beautiful. I'm a huge fan of Hindi movies, and this is just so bollywood, just gorgeous! Btw, in the section "Genre of specialization" you need to put which genre you're going to work with for the contest. :D

Thank you Bp I am indeed. I remember having started writing this contest out nearly a month and a half ago, and it's just wonderful to see it underway.

Ah, but that's it Destin, without your interest and support, it wouldn't be half as fun!

Zaggy, the application looks great! I especially love the second last one with the blueish tone, just amazing lighting and mood.

Thank you Foolin! My nieces still don't get my excitement about it! Blah, who cares right?! LOL :P

You know Alexis, I hadn't thought of that honestly. I really thought I'd have to struggle to get a couple of applications in! Now I'm thinking that by the end of applications, if there are too many to start off with, then their might be eliminations, just so as not to start off with too high of a number. But again, that's to worry about until later on this week.

Cin, Wow, I really love the second pictures, it's so beautiful and full of meaning. If anything, you could also do conceptual work But then again, your portraits are beautiful as well.

Jonesi, great application, love the headshot and from the portfolio, that last photograph is just beautiful. The meld of colors and b&w, very nice concept!

Thank you all so very much! You're making this fantastic! :hat:

-Jocus Dorkus still explaining the situation to nieces-

"The grey cells, the grey cells! They are my most potent friends!"
Scholar
#79 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 2:54 AM
Is it okay if I change to Conceptual? I wanted to do that at first but then realized most of my pictures for the app were of people LOL
#80 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 3:08 AM
Name: Jessica or Onie
Genre of specialization: Commercial
Experience: Eh, not much.

*Corona*

((hope i'm not late))
#81 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 3:10 AM
Darn Oni. I was hoping you'd show the other beach picture with the "shadow" LOL!! Great pics Oni
#82 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 3:20 AM
But it wasn't commercial enough.

Thanks!
#83 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 3:23 AM
Default Mumo
Name: Mumo
Genre of specialization: Commercial and Portrait, but if I have to choose one, I will go with commercial.
Experience: Umm, I have some experience, but not as much as the other photographers here. But as the saying goes - "you've got to be in it to win it".

#84 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:06 AM
wow this contest is amazing! everyones entrys are so eye catching!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#85 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:12 AM
Of course Cin, you're still in time to change your genre. :D

Onie, not at all! The application round is open 'till Friday the 15th and your app is great! I especially like the beach one, just wonderful.

Great to have you on board Mumo, your third and fourth photographs are just amazing, though yes, you can only pick on genre for the entirety of the contest.

And yes, I completely agree Nostalgicpaty!

-Jocus Dorkus suddenly getting really sleepy- :mag:

"The grey cells, the grey cells! They are my most potent friends!"
#86 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:20 AM
Go go go Cinamun!
retired moderator
#87 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:49 AM
Hey, I know everyone is excited about this contest and the news that it was featured and all... but lets please remember to stay on topic. Application Rounds are really only supposed to be for posting applications and asking/answering questions.

I dont want to have to come in here and start threatening people with warnings. Im not one who likes doing that, and I really dont want to do so in this contest Thanks everyone!

Formerly known as boolPropped
#88 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 5:54 AM
My game is fixed! YAY!!!!!!! I am so going to enter this now.
Test Subject
#89 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 6:07 AM
Name: Spiffyriffic
Genre of specialization: I'd like to try Glamor
Experience: A couple of months just messing around with Photoshop.

Headshot:

Portfolio:

Title: Runaway Bride

Title: Darkness

Title: Lounge

Title: White Rose

I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?
#90 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 6:45 AM
i so badly want to enter this,and i may i just need some serious arm twisting! like essa i was going to have a long break from contests too ... damn you jorcus! LOL
#91 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 7:30 AM
Ah Come-On joanne... you know you want to really
And to the rest of you! I sleep and theres 4 pages, and you got featured! Congratulations
My app. should be up tonight, but now I'm worried that I won't have time... I do have time right? When does the application round end?
#92 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 8:02 AM
I'll definitely be watching this :3

Good luck everyone!
Instructor
#93 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 8:16 AM
Oh, guys! All those pics are so... AMAZING!!!
Test Subject
#94 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 8:46 AM
Default Application [Haroz]
[CENTER]Name: Haroz

Genre:Commercial

Experience: I love editing since I was 13..

Portfolio:

Dolce&Gabbana

Casual Outfit by D&G

got milk?
Theorist
#95 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 12:12 PM
Thanks for comments on my pictures. It's highly appreciated.
Quote:
Essa, I'm so glad to see you've decided to join! You know, every time I see that first photograph, it's just like, damn, wow, the lighting, the mood and that old hollywood haze is just stunning, and I must agree with Magic, the last photograph is powerful. It's one of those photographs that show you how simplicity can go much further than a complicated mess, LOL.

Thanks. Believe me or not but that pic was mere chance. I was messing with the blending mode in Paint Shop Pro and was really thrilled when I saw the final result.

Congrats for being featured Jocus. For some odd reasons I thought you were a guy. :smash:

OMG all the new entries are just amazing. :jaw:

Joanne I hope you'll enter just like me. I guess I should just disappear from the contest world when the time will come instead of breaking my words.

Haroz no offense since I'm neither the host nor a judge but you can't have more than 4 pictures in your portfolio and you can choose only one genre.
Field Researcher
#96 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 2:25 PM
Wow! Wow! I'll definitely be watching....(goes to practice for a year before trying to compete) lol. Great, awesome, amazing, pictures everybody.
#97 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 3:05 PM
Lovely entries!
haroz - love your 2nd one!

I updated mine a bit, I hope it's ok I'm doing fashion AND commercial.
#98 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 4:03 PM
Okay.. :l Got most of my pics now :D
So... yeah, I have lost my original post so now I must go find it
* Starts searching aimlessly through the thread wondering why the hell she entered*
Test Subject
#99 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 4:44 PM
Uhm ... I wanted to enter but now after having looked through all the apps I am scared
I think I'll be lurking instead ...
Scholar
#100 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 4:48 PM
Oh Come on.... why not try? I'm here... lol

Page 4 of 38