Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 7:18 PM
Default self esteem..
how would you rate yourself, 1 being awful and 10 being awesome? i just got through a group about self esteem and it got me thinking about self esteem. i guess i would be a 5 because i am undecided. i'm lucky if i have ANY since i went through a lifetime of abuse. i don't know why i put this thread out in here. i guess because it has been on my mind for awhile. add on plese.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 8:22 PM
I think self-esteem is very complicated. I can't give a general number, because how I feel about myself fluctuates with each day and different situations. For example, if I gain ten pounds I might be somewhere around 1-3. If I lose ten pounds I'm a 8-10. When Aunt Flo visits me I am a 1. I don't feel very "sexy" around that time, but maybe that's just me. As much as I hate it, the people around me have heavy influence on how I feel about myself. I have friends that I get tons of love from; family that makes me feel worthless; a cat that looks at me funny when I wake up in the morning and sometimes that makes me feel self-conscious.

My daughter holds me up pretty high, though. The way she loves me makes me feel like a 10 most of the time.

I think women are just too complicated. I don't understand myself half the time. Darn these ever-changing emotions.
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 12:06 AM
I would rate my self 15. I am that fucking awesome :3
Am I vain? Yes.
Am I materialistic? Sometimes
Spoilt? You bet.
But in all seriousness, I use to have sub zero self esteem. But after awhile I started to love myself. I focused on my positives, on what was beautiful inside me. And now, I can't get enough of me :p
Scholar
#4 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 12:40 AM
I think self-esteem is a dynamic entity...at least it seems to be for me. Some days my self-esteem is great (8-10)..other days, not so much (1-5).

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Alchemist
#5 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 12:46 AM
It depends. If I think I look nice one day, then probably around a 6-7, if not a 1-2. I don't have much confidence anyway, so it's rare when I feel over 5.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 1:55 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with Dolly; self-esteem is about accepting yourself while being conscious of your flaws and strengths. I readily admit that I'm a perfectionist, a control freak, I'm impatient, and I'm occasionally a snob. But, in spite of those things, I'm cultured, open-minded, intelligent, polite, and empathetic. I'm a 10, but I hardly think that I'm immune to being knocked down a few pegs from time to time and circumstance to circumstance. I certainly don't know myself in my entirety (after all, isn't living something of a discipline in discovering and understanding ourselves?), but I try to love and accept what I do know. It absolutely enthralls me to see new sides of myself, to see how much I flouish with the traits that I already know, to slowly learn just how awesome I really am, impatience and perfectionism and all .

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 2:05 AM
Agreed with DollyRot and Rabid. Now, I consider myself a 10, but a few months ago? Pfft, a 7, at best.

You know that place between sleep and awake? The place where you can still remember dreaming? That’s where I’ll always love you. That’s where I’ll be waiting.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 4:08 AM
forever a 1.....yeah im mean rite??? everyone else yeah...dont know

“Raise your children to love and embrace others. Tell them they are beautiful; they may grow up to be stars one day, and "beautiful" will never mean as much in a magazine as it will coming from you.”
― Kaiden Blake <3
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 2:20 PM
I used to have a lot of self-esteem issues in the past, but I've come a long way. I'm a very ambitious person now and my big dreams are in no way compatible with a low confidence. I'm aware of my strengths and weaknesses, and I concentrate on the positive most of the time. Of course, I have my lows, bad hair days, "fat days" and the like, but they don't stop me from loving myself in the long run.

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Theorist
#10 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 3:41 PM
I'm ok when there aren't other people around but as soon as someone that isn't my family (even my closest of close friends) is in the vicinity, my self-esteem just plummets and I get extremely self-conscious and worried about looking too stupid. I'm a bit (ok, a lot) of a nutter and I'm pretty much known as an individual in my own right. I've never tried to fit in with fashions or trends and there are the people that accept that and the people that don't. There are people I'm not friendly with that accept me for who I am and I'm glad that they respect me like that but there are people who don't and... it gets to me. I try to hide that it gets to me, but it does. I've had people ask me if it bothers me that people like to have a go because I'm so different and I've lied and said it doesn't. Eh. This is why I prefer to sit on the Internet. It's not based on what you look like but what you say and do and how you act. I wish the world was like that sometimes. Then we'd really see who the ugly ones of society are.

OMAR'S BAMFERIFIC!
Be THERE or be SQUARE.
Scholar
#11 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 8:41 PM
Hmm, let's see, I'm a total bitch, I don't tip-toe around touchy subjects, I'm vain, superficial and extremely foul-mouthed. I don't have a flat stomach, or a symmetrical face. But like Emily, I rate myself a 15. ;D

cherrycherrycherryboomboom.

Dreamwidth
Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Aug 2010 at 9:36 PM
I used to have a really crappy self esteem, but at some point I just pulled myself together. After all, I'm going to have to live with myself for the rest of my life, whether that's a long time or not, so I'd better learn to love myself. And I honestly do not feel bad about myself anymore. I do have bad days, who doesn't, but most of the time I'd say I'm at least a 9.

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 11:16 PM
I'd say usually about a 4 but I think it totally depends on the day for me. Some days I feel happy and comfortable in my own skin and some days I actually wish the ground would just open and swallow me up because I don't feel good enough to be around other people. I've talked about it with my friends before and mostly they say that too, (apart from one or two who are like uber-confident) I guess it just depends on who you are and what you're going through really.

"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live." - Mark Twain
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 12:10 PM
Personally, a 5.
This is because I feel 50/50 about myself, and 5 being half way to 10, makes it the perfect number.