Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#401 Old 21st Aug 2008 at 11:39 PM
i wish toddler could use slide and roundabouts.... can u place these in the apartment complex.. after all they have a pool?

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#402 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 4:22 AM
I wonder about that as well. Seeing as how they are outdoor objects.
Top Secret Researcher
#403 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 2:50 PM
I'm pretty sure that one of the comics mentioned an apartment with a playground attached, so I don't see why not.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#404 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 3:07 PM
Some people got already Apartment Life:
http://bbs.thesims2.ea.com/communit...tem.127,item.23
Top Secret Researcher
#405 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 3:31 PM
im not that bothered, i can't get it til the 29th anyway.. but i'm still jealous..
haha congrats to them thou and hope they have fun

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#406 Old 23rd Aug 2008 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simcharley1990
im not that bothered, i can't get it til the 29th anyway.. but i'm still jealous..
haha congrats to them thou and hope they have fun

Yeah im jealous too:D:p
#407 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 12:12 AM
Hi all..

Played my AL game only a little yesterday, the reason being is that I am having a few problems with my custom content and the game freezing up. I really need to cull it down drastically as the game won't load otherwise. I have slowly and selectively been adding content (minus hacks) back in. Just wanted to give some sort of feedback even though it's not related to game play.

I did find that the mailbox hack had slipped passed me and this caused many many problems with the apartments and roomates etc. Not a good one to keep in the game. LOL
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#408 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 9:27 PM
I want to know about the leaflet and what it says about any upcoming SP/EP.
Theorist
#409 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I want to know about the leaflet and what it says about any upcoming SP/EP.

According to a thread I scanned on the BBS, Nothing apart from info on Spore and TS3 Release dates.. Damn, I so wanted that Glitter Ponies Stuff Pack, I so wanted Walls and Floors with the Logo! :ignore:

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
#410 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by roxxy
Hi all..

Played my AL game only a little yesterday, the reason being is that I am having a few problems with my custom content and the game freezing up. I really need to cull it down drastically as the game won't load otherwise. I have slowly and selectively been adding content (minus hacks) back in. Just wanted to give some sort of feedback even though it's not related to game play.

I did find that the mailbox hack had slipped passed me and this caused many many problems with the apartments and roomates etc. Not a good one to keep in the game. LOL

You've got it already?
It doesn't come out for another 2 days where i am I think
#411 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 10:31 PM
I did get it 3 days ago, a friend bought it for me from a store here in Sydney, Australia.

Have not played it as much as I would like to, but so far some of the things I have enjoyed are;

I like the layout and look of the new Neighbourhood
The furniture items I have seen are actually a nice mix of styles
The interactions of neighbours such as Neighbourhood parties is nice
I like the clothing I have seen so far, but not the hair as much
The 'statue people' are still a mystery to me, but they are cool.

I have played 3 families that are included with Belladonna Cove, one of them is a family of teens with a whole bunch of kids and babies (no adults) they were quite challenging to play with no hacks.

Sorry I don't have too much more info right now.. have not played that much because I have been ill. Also my game is having issues with any custom content right now, hoping to have that fixed and then giving all the locals makeovers.
#412 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 10:51 PM
I'm waiting impatiently for my copy. I think I should be able to get it from around the 26-28th. Depending on if certain stores will be selling it.
#413 Old 24th Aug 2008 at 11:28 PM
I did get it 3 days ago, a friend bought it for me from a store here in Sydney, Australia.

Have not played it as much as I would like to, but so far some of the things I have enjoyed are;

I like the layout and look of the new Neighbourhood
The furniture items I have seen are actually a nice mix of styles
The interactions of neighbours such as Neighbourhood parties is nice
I like the clothing I have seen so far, but not the hair as much
The 'statue people' are still a mystery to me, but they are cool.

I have played 3 families that are included with Belladonna Cove, one of them is a family of teens with a whole bunch of kids and babies (no adults) they were quite challenging to play with no hacks.

Sorry I don't have too much more info right now.. have not played that much because I have been ill. Also my game is having issues with any custom content right now, hoping to have that fixed and then giving all the locals makeovers.

Did you notice any slowdown or lag during parties and out on the common ground?Also did you notice any lag in the expensive apartments if you've tried them?
#414 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 12:12 AM
No lag during parties that I noticed. Sorry I have not yet played the expensive apartments, will probably do so later on in the evening.

Here's some photo's of the in game witches as well as the two Cordial sisters that just requested to become witches.

http://s365.photobucket.com/albums/oo99/Roxxygrl_1/
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#415 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 2:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
According to a thread I scanned on the BBS, Nothing apart from info on Spore and TS3 Release dates.. Damn, I so wanted that Glitter Ponies Stuff Pack, I so wanted Walls and Floors with the Logo! :ignore:

I'm surprised you actually thought EA would really do such a Stuff Pack, lol.
#416 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 2:54 AM
The stuff pack coming in December will probebly be baby stuff because a lot of people have been asking for it and they took a lot of it out of apartment life.
Test Subject
#417 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 3:10 AM

Here's some photo's of the in game witches as well as the two Cordial sisters that just requested to become witches.

http://s365.photobucket.com/albums/oo99/Roxxygrl_1/

"Mysteriously Mysterious Mystery Novel"

Hmm, I wonder which book opens the door??

(btw, Roxxy rocks.....pun intended)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#418 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 4:06 AM
I'm sure the longer mystery title opens the door. It would make sense.
#419 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 4:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
I'm sure the longer mystery title opens the door. It would make sense.

Thats correct you have to click that option to enter and then again to exit.

Uploaded more photo's if anyone wanted to see them.
Test Subject
#420 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 5:29 AM
Thats correct you have to click that option to enter and then again to exit.

Uploaded more photo's if anyone wanted to see them.

OHEMGEE!!! A trailer park!!!!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#421 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 4:08 PM
I'm glad roxxy decided to share with us. It's tradition that when someone gets an EP/SP early to show share it with us while we wait to get our copies.
Sockpuppet
#422 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 6:44 PM
The Danish Sims 2 site has posted an interview with lead developer and producers Lakshmi and Shannon.
The interview is however, published in Danish.

http://www.sims.dk/pages.view_page.asp?id=394

Quote: Originally posted by GoogleTranslate
Questions from the fans to Shannon & Lakshmi

Hi! Goopy GilsCarbo here. It is a sunny Monday in sims study, and I have been fortunate to meet some of the brains behind The Sims 2: Apartment Life - leading designer Lakshmi Jayapalan and seniorproducer Shannon Copur! Okay, I will be quite honest, I have chased them down at a time and pushed them into a small local… but they were nice enough to sit down for a while and talk to me, and here is what the said:

Shannon: Davs Goopy! It is nice to talk to you today!
Lakshmi: I understand that you have taken some issues with the game's fans.

Goopy: I have pro. Let's get started.

Goopy: My first question is: Where is husværtens weekly celebration?

Lakshmi: Every Saturday husværten invite all tenants to lejlighedernes common area to meet. He tends to pump up the barbecue, if there is one, or order pizza to get the ride.
Shannon: He also once in rytmerne if he has a stereo.

Goopy: Skip to butleren… where he lives?

Shannon: We are not quite sure. He is a very secretive man. I think he is living his own secret life.
Lakshmi: He keeps for itself, just as any real gentleman should do it.

Goopy: Okay, I know very little about being a gentleman! What about the new design - pipes, heating and vents, etc. Are they only for ornamental purposes, or may be used for something functional?

Lakshmi: The new pipes and vents are there to help you to create entirely new types of buildings.
Shannon: And there is a radiator, which your sims can use to keep themselves warm.

Goopy: Mmm… delicious. Not because I think I can afford one, but the many fans would like to know how helikopterne and landingspladserne works?

Shannon: Helikopterne works like cars. You have to put a landingsplads and a helicopter before you can set the course to your destination.

Goopy: Sounds logical. Will there be motorcycles in the game?

Lakshmi: There are a few motorcykelentusiaster on the development team, which always insists that give simmerne possibility of a motorcycle ride.
Shannon: But we did a few runs, and our sims were continuing to fall off. We thought it was too dangerous to give them everything for free rein.
Lakshmi: Yes, we have to think about their safety.

Goopy: Okay! I would probably not feel safe at such a. Let us go to our small sims. Are there any new things to children? Is it like now possible to build a large playground?

Lakshmi: We have added a large number of really cool things with children in this package, such as a rutsjebane a udkigstårn, klatrestativer and a carousel.
Shannon: We have also added a rocking horse, as the smallest to play on. They look really cute, when the swings back and forth on it.

Goopy: Sounds exciting! We have talked a little about the new things to children, but what about the interaction with them?

Lakshmi: You can now give them a svingetur by keeping them in the arms. Your sims can also play hide with the small.
Shannon: And if you have two small sims, they will sometimes give each other a stuff. It is one of the most cute, I have ever seen. And I have otherwise seen a lot of cute things.

Goopy: I have heard that sims can now ask their neighbours to babysitter. How does it work?

Lakshmi: Yes, you can now ask your teenager and voksennaboer to babysitte. But you'll probably first make sure that I are good friends. It is not smart to leave the small of a stranger.

Goopy: Okay, here is a more complicated issue. If we share a family into two - let's say for example, grandparents in the one part and parents and son in the other - and we place them in each of his apartment. Will the one part that continue to evolve as we play with the other?

Shannon: You can still interact with them, but they will not grow old, unless you play with them.

Goopy: Will our teen sims able to live alone in an apartment without their parents?

Shannon: Yes, if the teenagers left alone, they will be living in an apartment.

Goopy: This question comes from one of our amatørbotanikere: We apartments have community gardens?

Lakshmi: If there is a garden in fællesområdet, will all be able to use it.

Goopy: Not me! My fingers are not exactly green. Here is a question from a young Romeo and Julie: Will sims could talk together from one balcony to another?

Lakshmi: When sims are in their own apartments, they keep themselves to themselves. But in return, they may well like to deal with each other in fællesområderne.

Goopy: Here is a question I also would like to hear the answer to: Will there be prefabricated families, we can use to test the apartments?

Shannon: Yes, we have a brand new Community populated neighbourhood in which your sims can enjoy themselves in.
Lakshmi: There are tons of new stories to explore and play.

Goopy: If women can be witches, what about men? Will the wizards? And there are other magical creatures?

Shannon: Both men and women can be trained in magiens opportunities.
Lakshmi: Male witches called warlocks.
Shannon: Both the witches and warlocks can call an assistant to help them with their dark deeds.
Lakshmi: And if you have The Sims 2 Pets, you can call a spektralkat as companion.

Goopy: Can witches go to work?

Shannon: Yes, of course!
Lakshmi: They work like all your other sims.

Goopy: What happens if a warlock have a child with a witch?

Lakshmi: So you get a completely abnormally small sim, as always! Magic is something you learn, not something you inherit ..

Goopy: Can witches use magic to the domestic work?

Shannon: As we mentioned earlier, you can call an assistant to do the dirty work such as cleaning.
Lakshmi: And why boil and cook when you just can evoke the food?

Goopy: Sounds like a magic life! Here is a very popular question: What, if anything, has Bella Goth-mystery to do with Apartment Life or Belladonna Cove?

Lakshmi: All the town's inhabitants have it so bad with what happened with the Bella that they ordered a statue of her.
Shannon: And when you do not play, they will all gather around the statue in the hope that she will come back in good spirits.

Goopy: It is true! I have seen it. Okay, there is an alley, which can be seen in the video, and our fans want to know whether the alley exists in the game.

Shannon: The alley, you can see in the video is part of our nabolags-decorations, which you can place when you use nabolags-viewing angle.

Goopy: There is good enough been added to a part of the game stemming. One last question before I let you drop: How long has it taken to create Apartment Life?

Shannon: We started with the initial design work in november. So it has taken us roughly 10 months from the first branistorming, the game was ready for your computer.

Goopy: It was all the questions I had today. Thank you very much for the talk.

Lakshmi: Should it be a second time. Sea is good! You do not chasing us, to talk to us. We love to talk to our fans!
Shannon: Thanks Goop. We conversation at the soon!
#423 Old 25th Aug 2008 at 6:55 PM
========================================================
Goopy: It is true! I have seen it. Okay, there is an alley, which can be seen in the video, and our fans want to know whether the alley exists in the game.

Shannon: The alley, you can see in the video is part of our nabolags-decorations, which you can place when you use nabolags-viewing angle.
=======================================================
A neighbourhood deco alleyway! :blow:
Lovely! This is gonna be great!
AL really does give us a bit of everything!
Lab Assistant
#424 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 8:04 AM

Uhg. Do you mind elaborating on that... how much cc do you have, how much will the game allow now, what are your computer specs? I have a TON of cc, so this tidbit isn't encouraging. Thank you for posting pics though... it helps those of us still waiting for our games.
#425 Old 26th Aug 2008 at 10:27 AM
I am now mostly convinced it has nothing to do with my CC actually but more likely operating the game via disc is not always compatible with my PC.

My temp files I think are the problem and the way around it is to reboot after the install and then reboot after adding/activating CC. This is the only way to work around it for my set up.

I don't mean to scare anyone just wanted to mention it as being a problem with my pc/disc.

I wouldn't worry about it as yet, everyone's PC is different, mine is high end but that does not always mean no problems.
Page 17 of 19