Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 10th Sep 2009 at 11:59 PM
Now I'm reading "The Joke," by Milan Kundera and "Franny and Zooey," by J.D. Salinger. I try to read one work of contemporary fiction and one work of classic literature at the same time, but I usually have a toe dipped in at least five or six books at once despite my primary focus being on only two.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 3:38 PM
Hmm, I can't really decide between "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and Agatha Christie's "They Came to Baghdad". Suggestions? :D

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Mad Poster
#28 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 4:06 PM
*hasn't read either*

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Rubric Wrangler
#29 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 5:38 PM
Why choose? At any rate, Hitchhiker's is AWESOME! Seriously, it's, like, the best book ever.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 5:57 PM
I'm just so eager to read them both that I don't know which one to begin with But I guess it'll be The Hitchhiker :D

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Forum Resident
#31 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 6:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by meggie272
I know there are some people who love to read in this group so I thought we could have a thread for discussin' what we're reading, having little book rants etc.

I'm reading Small Gods by Terry Pratchett. It's interesting, not as funny as his other ones, kind of philosophical and a little disturbing.

Go for it bookwurms!!

I'm reading Small Gods too! That's just WEIRD.

I've only started with it, but it seems pretty good so far. I couldn't get into Thud!, though, which was a little disappointing.

Does reading dumb signatures make you feel powerful in some way?
Mad Poster
#32 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 6:17 PM
*is still struggling through The Host*

I'm almost halfway through.

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Alchemist
#33 Old 11th Sep 2009 at 6:27 PM
I had to stop reading New Moon for a while Im too busy + loads of parties and discos + homework + clubs + school = no free time. Hopefully it will calm down soon.

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 9:51 AM
Lol feefifofum XD
I really liked Thud!, but my favourite Discworld has to be Men At Arms.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Mad Poster
#35 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 9:58 AM
my geography assignment. To see if it's good enough.
It isn't.

Happiness is anyone and anything that's loved by you.

My name is Jessica, but I answer to Jessie, Jess, Candiiee, Candy and Cand. :P
Mad Poster
#36 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 10:11 AM
Well I just bought "Lolita" and "Perfume: Story of a Murderer" today, and I think I'll start Lolita tonight.
Mad Poster
#37 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 1:04 PM
Right now I'm reading the Time Travelers Wife and afterwards I want to read My Sisters Keeper (:

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Mad Poster
#38 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
"Perfume: Story of a Murderer" today, and I think I'll start Lolita tonight.

Perfume is such a chilling book. It's not my usual cup of tea, but I thoroughly enjoyed it- Grenouille may well be one of the creepiest fictional villains to date.

Mad Poster
#39 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 3:22 PM
uhh does anyone agree the book (My Sister's Keeper) seems better than the movie? I'm not done reading it yet but I hear the ending of the book was changed, Anna was suppose to die. I don't think its fair to the readers to change the ending which pretty much shapes the book right?

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre
uhh does anyone agree the book (My Sister's Keeper) seems better than the movie? I'm not done reading it yet but I hear the ending of the book was changed, Anna was suppose to die.
I read the book before the movie came out, and I couldn't really appreciate it. It didn't explore the ethics of the situation in a compelling way, it was badly written, and the plot twist at the end seemed illogical and gratuitous.

Er, not to be negative, or anything.

Rubric Wrangler
#41 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
Well I just bought "Lolita" and "Perfume: Story of a Murderer" today, and I think I'll start Lolita tonight.

My dad did "Perfume" with his class, he really liked it. Said the kids (I call his students that, even though they're the same age as me ) found it interesting. From what he told me of the plot it sounds fairly creepy.

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Mad Poster
#42 Old 12th Sep 2009 at 7:20 PM
It is creepy- it's about a French serial killer who selects his victims (beautiful women) based on scent in order to bottle their essence and create the perfect perfume. It's a great book, though, and a compelling look into the motivations and insecurities of a murderer.

Mad Poster
#43 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 12:31 AM
I've seen the movie of Perfume which is absolutely amazing, and then by chance I came across the book yesterday and immediately snatched it up. Unfortunately instead of beginning to read it yesterday I got distracted by "Lady Chatterley's Lover," by D.H Lawrence.
Instructor
#44 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dreamydre
uhh does anyone agree the book (My Sister's Keeper) seems better than the movie? I'm not done reading it yet but I hear the ending of the book was changed, Anna was suppose to die. I don't think its fair to the readers to change the ending which pretty much shapes the book right?

I finished reading it almost 1 month ago and I watched the movie after that.. I was like NO!!! THATS NOT WHAT HAPPENED !!! lol

It's a good book tho... for casual reading . but I fall asleep on the movie *wonders why she always do that !!! *

All and all, no good.
Alchemist
#45 Old 13th Sep 2009 at 5:33 PM
Im readin New Moon by Stephanie Meyer, eating my nail varnish on the way.

Like, whatever.
My nickname is Eve
Instructor
#46 Old 14th Sep 2009 at 6:26 AM
Just started reading The Giver by Lois Lowry :O !!! Its very interesting !!

All and all, no good.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 10:56 PM
"Julian," by Gore Vidal, and "When You Are Engulfed in Flames," by David Sedaris. I love David Sedaris so much... a friend of mine got to meet him after seeing him lecture at Carnegie Hall, and I'm green with envy .

Mad Poster
#48 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 12:08 AM
The Outsiders
&
Harry Potter and The Order of the Pheonix

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Alchemist
#49 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 10:42 AM
Re-reading New Moon again. And working my way through the second volume of The Vampire Diaries by L.J. Smith... still. Oh, and Eldest by Christopher Paolini, too.
Scholar
Original Poster
#50 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 12:04 PM
Hogfather, by Terry Pratchett.

Ho hum

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit

Page 2 of 18