Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 5:30 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Default Disappearing Sims
I am just curious if anyone else is having issues with Sims disappearing lately? I saw one small post like this but can not comment in it for some reason but it's not closed.
Anyway, every game I create my Sims eventually start disappearing. I use resetsim and they come back for awhile, then it no longer helps. They eventually get stuck in the bed and it's time to start a new game. Needless to say I save often and save my families too to make is easier.
I am just curious if anyone else is having this issue and if you have been able to fix it. Clearing cache and starting new games is getting very old and frustrating! And, of course, EA support was absolutely no help whatsoever....
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2011 at 7:34 AM
I had this problem with every Bridgeport game after I played it for a while, but I've been playing a game in Riverview for quite a long time now and it hasn't happened at all. So the only solution I have found is to not play Bridgeport
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 2:10 AM
I have been playing and having the issue in Sunset Valley. Maybe I can try Riverview, I'll just have to save my game and move them. Hopefully this helps Last night it was real bad, they were like strobe lights disappearing then reappearing until it finally went out completely.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th May 2011 at 1:10 AM
I'm having a problem with this now, and I can't figure out why. I removed all the CC that I had, as well as the EGC, and it's still happening. My sims will suddenly just disappear and reappear somewhere else. I'm also having problems with my sims (and random sims I see in the game) getting stuck. They just stand there like statues, and even if I reset them, they won't work. This is really frustrating.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th May 2011 at 2:23 AM
By disappearing, do you mean they become invisible?

This is a known bug, especially Sims getting stuck in bed... I have the same problem, too, and I have no mods or CC (aside from the EA store directly).
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th May 2011 at 8:20 PM
Okay, I thought maybe I had done something to my game to make it behave like this, so I reinstalled it and have been playing for 2 days with no CC at all. My sims have started disappearing again, and I have no control over them. I was playing, and suddenly, my control panel disappeared. I got it back by pressing Esc & F10, but now I can't even go into Edit Town to see if all the houses are acting like this. The sims will suddenly go invisible. When I do resetSim, nothing happens. I can't make them do anything at all. They act on their own, and I can't even switch households. As soon as I hit "Edit Town", the control panel disappears again, but it won't leave the house.
Test Subject
#7 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 5:36 AM
Are there any updates about this glitch as I recently have experienced the same problem after installing World Adventures.
I do play with CC which hasn't been updated to the new patch yet so I haven't updated my game yet.
Did the new patch solve anything?
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 7th Jun 2011 at 12:14 PM
If I read you guys correctly, sims often get stuck or simple "vanished". To my experience they might be teleported to somewhere .... just off the map or something due to a broken link (maybe you dappled with community lots).

If you are comfortable with mods, try Overwatch: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=935.0 This mod cleans up problems around the neighborhood every night: clean up abandoned vehicles, fix broken links, recover missing sims, etc... Give it a try.

This mod is made for the latest patch but I believe it is backward compatible with previous patch as well.

I work for a living, but I don't necessarily live for a working.
Test Subject
#9 Old 11th Jun 2011 at 10:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tomomi1922
If I read you guys correctly, sims often get stuck or simple "vanished". To my experience they might be teleported to somewhere .... just off the map or something due to a broken link (maybe you dappled with community lots).

If you are comfortable with mods, try Overwatch: http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=935.0 This mod cleans up problems around the neighborhood every night: clean up abandoned vehicles, fix broken links, recover missing sims, etc... Give it a try.

This mod is made for the latest patch but I believe it is backward compatible with previous patch as well.

Thanks, I will try this!
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 10:26 PM
Prior to installing Generations, I had been having problems where my sims would become invisible, and would not respond to commands. The plumbob would be there, but the Sim was invisible and would not "reset", no matter how many times I tried to reset them. Occasionally, they would get "stuck", where they would be visible, but would be frozen like a statue, and as soon as I reset them, they would completely disappear. I tried "teleporting" them from one place to another with no success.

After installing Generations, I played for a couple of weeks without having this problem anymore. I thought it had been fixed by something in the Generations game. Alas, now I've found a new problem. One of my Sims has disappeared. His picture is no longer on the left side with the other members of the household, and I cannot find him anywhere. He doesn't respond to commands. I can't teleport him anywhere. No one can interact with him. I moved him out of the house, then back in, and that did not work either. I've tried resetting him a dozen times.

I have installed Overwatch, but it doesn't fix this problem, even when I choose to "recover missing sims". I'm at a loss. It's so frustrating to put so much work into a Sim, and then it disappears. I'd been playing this guy for over two months, and now I can't recover him.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 24th Jul 2011 at 10:02 PM
I'm having similar problems in Barnacle Bay, which is my favorite map and the only one I've played recently. Previously when I sent my sims on vacation ...when the town would open up, there would be no UA and no sim tags and no people. I had to do a hard shutdown of the game. Well I reinstalled WA and finally took my sim to Egypt for a successful vacation and return. But once he got back a doppelganger of his girlfriend showed up. Then several sims in town that I play have blank thumbnails and are stuck and I can't reset them or interact with them at all. When I select a particular household, the UA disappears and I have to type in the cheat "quit" to exit the game. Does anyone know what's the problem? I have a little cc and AM and Master Controller.
Test Subject
#12 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 2:13 AM
Now I have the same problem as well. years and years I never had no problem. I use to switch sims to diffrent houses and everything.
and now I am really agitated. what is wrong? is it because it's because it's too many clothes that I have in my family's house? or what?

I don't understand. is it my computer? please help me understand
Banned
#13 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 4:59 PM
I agree with you.I have also mostly face this problem..
I think not playing Bridgeport is not a right solution so i also looking for the best solution of this problem.
Test Subject
#14 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 12:37 AM
Oops sorry I didn't know that was the sims 3.

I meant The sims 2.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 8th Oct 2012 at 3:55 AM
You know, I don't recall ever having this issue in Bridgeport, but it happens a lot in Starlight Shores. Though it rarely, if ever, happens to my active family who I play constantly, but one sim did take a shower then come out nude (no censor), which I believe is a similar issue. I've been using Nrass' mods to prevent these problems since. I still get invisible townies, though.
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Oct 2012 at 4:12 AM
Default Have you seen Richie Striker
It happened to me with Richie Striker, i just cant find him anywhere, and when I look at the family tree his thumbnail is in color, not black and white, which means he's alive, I've tried reseting him, but it just wont work, remids me of the Bella Goth case .... and sims stucking in bed, it happens to me in Riverview, that's why ÇI dont play that world at all
Test Subject
#17 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:34 AM
for some reason it's an bug i had this problem before but now that i reinstalled thesims3 and all eps and sps no longer have that problem
but it happend often in bridgeport i havent played that town after university life but bridgeport is a hell buggy town