Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 9:18 AM
Default Sims taking forever to change outfits
Hi, I have a 8GB RAM on my computer, good processor/motherboard, (getting better graphics soon, but good for gameplay)
I have 360 mods, and the speed is good, my computer can handle it all good. (poseplayer, mastercontroller, no HD mod currently)
But when I make my sims change clothes it can take 3-6 sims hours. I've heard it can be the graphics card- so I should wait till them to see if that's the problem.
But any suggestions what to do? (I need mods/cc don't ask to remove completly please. )
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 10:00 AM
Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki

Follow that. Yes, it will make you take out your mods - but that's just to test whether the mods are the issue or not. If they are a problem, then you'll be able to put back almost all of them, after finding out which one(s) are causing it. It almost certainly is not the graphics card that's the issue with that - you'd be seeing crappy textures, random spikes coming out of your sims, glitchy visual stuff, not slowness of a game function while the time is still running in-game.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 12:07 PM
There are two things you can try--either use Master Controller/Basic/Outfit to change your sims' clothes, instead of using the in-game option, or pause the game for about 30 RL seconds after you use the in-game option. When you unpause, the sim will change clothes right away.

Strangers in a Strange Land--The Shin Yi Legacy | last updated 3.7.2014
My Simblr | Is probably NSFW
Forum Resident
#4 Old 30th Jun 2014 at 7:06 PM
Whenever I've had this issue, it's usually specific Sims affected--for instance, a family of five where the father and two of the children had tremendous difficulty changing clothes, but the mother and the third son didn't have any problems. I didn't notice any correlation between the lagging and custom hairs and makeup, but I did notice that the issue only seemed to occur when changing before leaving for an event (changing into uniform for work, changing into formal wear for prom). Best advice I can give is to look for patterns and use Master Controller/the pause method in anticipation of the lagging.

Hope that helps!

"If I be waspish, best beware my sting."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
Game Help:Sims 3 Game Problemwiki

Follow that. Yes, it will make you take out your mods - but that's just to test whether the mods are the issue or not. If they are a problem, then you'll be able to put back almost all of them, after finding out which one(s) are causing it. It almost certainly is not the graphics card that's the issue with that - you'd be seeing crappy textures, random spikes coming out of your sims, glitchy visual stuff, not slowness of a game function while the time is still running in-game.

Thanks everyone for the responce. (:

I think I may try this, but I did manage to take note of another strange thing I guess? Occasionally my sims don't take ages to change, when it's not a lot of cc included in the outfit? Well, i'll try update/re-install all my mods and see how I go. Thanks. c:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 11:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spladoum
There are two things you can try--either use Master Controller/Basic/Outfit to change your sims' clothes, instead of using the in-game option, or pause the game for about 30 RL seconds after you use the in-game option. When you unpause, the sim will change clothes right away.

I tried this before, it actually does work; but not all the time sadly. :,( Though it is use-full when it works for sure! Thanks.
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 12:21 AM
Get all the mods out and check if resolved
its very common on bridgeport and islo paradiso