Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 1:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons
Default Red Water And Fucked Up Files
PLEASE HELP ME! I FUCKED UP BIG TIME!!
Ok so I was planning to do a remake of Bridgeport and I followed all the steps in this tutorial.. and everything was going prety good until I decided to change the freaking water color, so I opened the file I was working with in S3PE and I added the files from this post to get this EFFECT and then again everything was ok... but I decided I didn't like it that way so I deleted the file I was working with and I opened a folder that I think was the backup of my project and next thing I know the background in the water turned red and the water is now super transparent and the lakes went black!!!

I know I was messing around with INI files and did something wrong or added a file I shouldn't have but I want it back to normal and I don't know what I should do!
If any further info is needed just ask I'll do whatever is needed to get my game back
Thanks in advance..
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 3:13 AM
You might want to check that all your layers (specifically water) are turned on and whether your show unroutable terrain option is checked or not. Also try changing the cloudiness setting in time of day, that sometimes causes weird effects if it's all the way right.

Heaven's Peak, my CAW WIP
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fentonparkninja
You might want to check that all your layers (specifically water) are turned on and whether your show unroutable terrain option is checked or not. Also try changing the cloudiness setting in time of day, that sometimes causes weird effects if it's all the way right.

I tried, but I knew it wouldn't help.. as I said, I added some files to the world package (.world file) in S3PE and that messed up the game.. I tried with creating a new world but I got the same result.. red background and everything wrong
Scholar
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 2:33 AM
Alright, so have you tried emptying your WorldBuilderCache folder? Might pay to empty your LocalWork folder too.

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\WorldbuilderCache
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\UserToolData\ LocalWork

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 2:59 AM
Alright, so have you tried emptying your WorldBuilderCache folder? Might pay to empty your LocalWork folder too.

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\WorldbuilderCache
Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Create A World Tool\UserToolData\ LocalWork

Done.. didn't do anything water's still red... I think what I did to mess up was changing INI files somehow..
Scholar
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 3:13 AM
Hmm ... does emptying your normal cache files make any difference?

Bridgeport's INI files shouldn't affect other worlds you are trying to load unless they've been cached somewhere.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 4:53 AM Last edited by ssierra1202 : 22nd Jun 2014 at 5:04 AM.
Hmm ... does emptying your normal cache files make any difference?

Bridgeport's INI files shouldn't affect other worlds you are trying to load unless they've been cached somewhere.

It doesn't make any difference in CAW... I checked in game (with non-edited (normal/default) bridgeport) to see if the red thing happened there but everything seemed normal so I guess I didn't change anything in game (again, just checking). I think I'll try re-installing CAW to see if it helps...

EDIT: It doesn't affect other worlds.. I tried opening sunset valley (the one that comes with CAW) and it looked normal to me.. maybe the water was a little bit more reflective.. idk but anyways the red water thing didn't seem to affect it.. only when I open the file I was editing and when I create a new world

Scholar
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 9:31 AM
About all I can think of then is to try saving the world file you're editing in CAW, then restarting CAW and reopening your file. If that doesn't help, then you might try posting in the CAW forums on the official site, they may know how to fix it.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 4:33 PM
I have an idea.. do you have Late Night installed? if you do, is your original Bridgeport.world file unaltered? (\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Late Night\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds\) if it is, could you help me by giving me a copy of that file to download? maybe Mediafire or something, I know now that that is the file I damaged so I think replacing it with a fresh one could do the work.. pretty please??
Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 4:18 AM
If you check your disc or digital download, you can find the original copy of the file(s) you changed and replace the defective one(s)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Jul 2014 at 10:15 PM
I did it, I think it didn't help, sometimes the world looks normal and sometimes the red thing happens again.. Any other ideas?