Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2014 at 9:46 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Late Night
Default Brand new game crashes in only a few minutes
I recently purchased The Sims 3 Starter Pack (includes base game, late night, and high-end loft stuff). This is the disc version so I use the late night disk to play.
Installation went fine and I installed the updates that popped up afterwards.

The game launches and loads perfectly fine, however I have only been able to last in Create A Sim mode for about 5 minutes before the game crashes back to desktop and windows says "The Sims 3 has stopped working". Sometimes before this happens the colours start to go off.

I haven't been able to play and save the game at all - I looked at I do not have a "Mods" folder and I would assume no custom content.
I have changed my DEP settings and added all the S3Launcher files TS3 etc...
I had my computer cleaned under warranty, and a diagnostic test done in which they updated all my drivers.

My CPU:
AMD A8 3820 Processor
TDP: 65W
Operating speed: 2.5 GHz (up to 2.8 GHz turbo)
Number of cores: 4
Socket: FM1
Bus speed: 4.0 GT/s HT3

RAM: 6GB

Came with graphic card: Radeon HD 7450

When I took my computer in to be cleaned and updated I brought The Sims with me and asked for help. I was told my computer is more then capable to run the game so I am really at a loss. It's only 2 years old.
Are there certain files you are not suppose to add in DEP settings? I added them all for all expansions.

Help would be greatly appreciated.I just want to be able to play the game!
-Miranda
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Feb 2014 at 4:37 PM
If you followed this wiki: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...tion_Prevention, then you should be fine. However, I don't know who told you that your laptop is good enough to run the sims 3, but it's not. That graphics card is quite weak and you mentioning the colors going off leads me to believe it's the graphics card that can't keep up.