Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 7:23 AM
Not the overlay. =] My skin texture is still being difficult. Texture is to much and color isn't showing up right. Then if texture isn't to much, the face looks way to bright. XD But i will get there! I want anthro sims back! Never give up and never surrender!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 1:44 AM
So I got through all of this but am stuck on the overlay. I am not sure what to put in the DDS files that I upload to Skininator. I am just using the normal ramp, and I want my skin to look like this when I'm done, with the blue arrows as the overlay: http://www.sharecg.com/images/mediu...%3Cdiv%20class=

Can somebody please help me?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#28 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 11:27 AM
You'd put the blue arrows in the overlay on a transparent background. Use the base skin tone as a guide to locate the arrows. If that doesn't answer your question, could you be more specific about what you've tried and what the problem is?
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 8:28 PM Last edited by lilibug1 : 10th Oct 2012 at 9:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Use the base skin tone as a guide to locate the arrows.

How do I do this? How would I use it as a guide? Sorry for being so clueless but CAS parts are not really my strong point...
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#30 Old 10th Oct 2012 at 11:32 PM
1) Open one of the base skintones in GIMP or Photoshop or whatever graphics program you use. For adult males, you'd use S3_00B2D882_00000000_4DB46D1662895FC3_amBody_m.dds, for example, but any of the images that show the body skin texture.

2) Add a transparent layer above the skintone image.

3) Working in the new layer, paint your arrows and decorations. The skintone image underneath will show you where on the body the parts you're painting will be applied.

4. When done, delete the skintone image layer.

5. Save as DXT5 interpolated alpha, and you're done.

The scalp is harder - there's no overlay for it as far as I know. If you need it you could try using a neutral color on the scalp image with an arrow over it, but it's not going to match the face and body. A bald hair with the arrow painted on it might work, but I've never worked with hair and can't tell you how to do it.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 11th Oct 2012 at 9:55 PM
It's almost working, thank you for the help! Just a few more questions, though.

What is the cutness (in the overlay section)?
How do I put an overlay on the face?

Also, for some reason my teen and up male overlay isn't showing up...but I"m going to play around with it a bit more first and then post here.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#32 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 12:45 AM
Cutness is the muscle definition used in the muscle slider.

A face overlay is a problem. By default, all skintones use the same face overlay so if you change it it'll affect every skin. This is something I want to experiment with, though, since the TONE structure looks like it would support a lot more customization including separate face overlays. A tool to do it easily will have to wait for when I update Skininator. I guess I could do a quickie patch if you really want to do this now.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 1:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Cutness is the muscle definition used in the muscle slider.

A face overlay is a problem. By default, all skintones use the same face overlay so if you change it it'll affect every skin. This is something I want to experiment with, though, since the TONE structure looks like it would support a lot more customization including separate face overlays. A tool to do it easily will have to wait for when I update Skininator. I guess I could do a quickie patch if you really want to do this now.

Yes please, but only if it's not too much trouble.

I notice that this skin seems to have a face overlay, do you know how they did it? http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=486766

Thank you by the way for all of your help, I've got all of the body overlays working now and I just need to adjust the placement a bit. :D
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#34 Old 12th Oct 2012 at 3:29 AM
That skin probably uses the base texture, not an overlay. And I'm glad you're making good progress!
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 12:55 PM
Thanks! Since there's no way to do a custom face overlay yet, I've put that other skin on hold and did an invisible skin to make the bonehilda and grim reaper outfits usable in cas. Somebody asked me if there was a way to customize the dot on the color palette, is this possible? If it is, how do I do it?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#36 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 1:37 PM
Look in the description for Skininator. (http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=389488) you need to make a custom tone ramp, which can be a copy of one the defaults. There's a DDS tone ramp and a png that's used as the thumbnail. Put text on the png as shown in the description. The color of the dot will be the color of the pixel at the exact center of that png, so position the text to make that dot the color you want.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 16th Oct 2012 at 9:04 PM
According to the people who tested it for me, it isn't working. I just put all the bodies/faces/everything else as transparent, but it's showing up black in game. How would I actually make an invisible skin?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#38 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lilibug1
According to the people who tested it for me, it isn't working. I just put all the bodies/faces/everything else as transparent, but it's showing up black in game. How would I actually make an invisible skin?

I vaguely remember trying to do something like this a couple of years ago, and never succeeded. I don't think transparency works on the skin textures. You could do it with the shader in the mesh by setting it to SimHairSimple - it wouldn't be a custom skintone anymore, though, it would be clothing, and you'd have to figure out some way to use an alternate head.
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 17th Oct 2012 at 8:55 PM
Huh, I wonder how EA does it then? If it were clothing then the Bonehilda and Grim outfits wouldn't work.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#40 Old 18th Oct 2012 at 3:09 PM
I suspect it may be lighting effects. When I get time I'll look at the code and see if I figure anything out.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 24th Oct 2012 at 10:41 PM
Where can I Fullbuild2 in Windows 7?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#42 Old 25th Oct 2012 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whrm3
Where can I Fullbuild2 in Windows 7?

C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages (32-bit systems)
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\Packages (64-bit systems)
Test Subject
#43 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 3:52 AM
Thanks, this is very helpful.
but I'm stuck in that part: "Still in S3PE open up one of the newly exported packages (I've got the DDS opened)". How do you opened the DDS file on S3PE? I've edited mine dds file and I want to put it in-game.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#44 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 5:06 PM Last edited by missy harries : 2nd Dec 2012 at 3:13 PM.
jwghost it can all be done with the Skininator, if the DDS is ready then load it into Skininator and make your .package using that

Disclaimer: These are the personally, personal opinions of me, myself and I. Yours may vary.
Terms & conditions do not apply
Test Subject
#45 Old 15th Apr 2014 at 5:57 PM
Default please help... (don't laughe I'm a noob)
I downloaded all the needed files from the Skininator thread but how am I suppost to edit them?... I use Photoshop and it can't open DDS files
Forum Resident
#46 Old 16th May 2014 at 10:13 AM Last edited by shmovese : 16th May 2014 at 10:40 AM. Reason: found it - nevermind
@gil.goldfarb1 you need a dds plugin mentioned in aikea-guineas tutorial here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=351328 and the plugin here https://developer.nvidia.com/nvidia...adobe-photoshop

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
#47 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 6:21 AM
why the skin shows the seams on the neck part? can someone help pls? thanks

[IMG]file:///C:/fraps/screenshots/TS3W%202014-10-28%2009-55-44-11.bmp[/IMG]
Test Subject
#48 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 9:33 AM
Default Lost me at second step?
Quote: Originally posted by missy harries
This guide is aimed at beginners so if your pretty nifty with skintones and file types you may not find this much use (though you never know.....), it will teach you how to add sliders, add skintones and if you feel like how to replace the default sliders. It also takes a look at the different file types used in skintones and as a bonus (for 100% beginners) it'll give you advice on how to edit the slider colours image in an graphics program.

What will I need?
- The Skininator by CmarNYC found here
(Lets give a huge thanks to them for making it possible )

You can get all of the original textures you need from CmarNYC in the Skininator download thread.

Have fun!

You lost me at the second step. IE: the second files from Build :

"Fullbuild0."
" Its the same thing all over again, the package name is exactly the same so:
– Find it (0x2F7D0004)"

WHAT???? That does not even exist?? Totally confused as to what I am looking for. Also, why cant I find any other Ramps in the first build??? Please help. I really want to learn. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 9th Feb 2017 at 9:07 PM
thank you

evyonne circle
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 23rd May 2022 at 12:06 AM
my skintone`s off[[deviantart.com/koopo456/art/miss-matched-916952466]]

evyonne circle
Page 2 of 2