Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 11:00 AM
Default What did you do with the Sharpes?
In UNI you have the premade Sharpe household which consists of a girl, her geeky brother and her boyfriend. The storyline goes that she wants to choose between evicting her brother or her boyfriend.

What did you do?

For me, it became quite odd. I made a random female Dormie move in with them, and she became friends with (I forgot his name) the geeky one. I then made them cosplay Homestuck with CC that I have, and made her live in his room with him, as he wasn't on good terms with the other two and needed to talk to someone. That was the first time I played this household, as I've never bothered with the UNI premades before.

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 3:43 PM
I hate romance Sims so the one time I played the Sharpe household I moved Edwin into a dorm and just played him and left his romance sister and boyfriend to rot in their house on campus. I think that is the time that I also played Delilah O'Feefe and had them graduate and move into Pleasantview. I don't normally play Uni Sims.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 5:24 PM
Jonah and Roxie are two of the premades I change the aspirations of at Junior year. Jonah becomes Fortune/Romance and Roxie becomes Family/Romance. Before that point--and after--they frequently get tangled up with other romance sims about the megahood (Jonah has already met Chloe Curious-Smith, though he hasn't been played at all yet in this iteration) and get into various romance-sim sorts of mischief. My romance sims have a tendency to get knocked up early on--it's a frequency thing--and a couple times Jonah and Roxie have had to get married (ALT is the school where sims from money go) in college before she gives birth.
Edwin, however, tends to get his heart broken. Delilah often struggles between choosing him or Mitch, or some other guy. Then when the next bunch of sims moves into ALT, he may find someone who is a stable partner, or he may find someone from one of the other schools, but another ALT sim is always preferred. I've copied Meetme2theRiver in setting the Sharpes as niece and nephew of Stella Roth.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#4 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 5:53 PM
I never really play them past the first few days, but one time when testing out the holidays EP I aged Roxie and Jonah up and they had twins on "Christmas" named Rudolph and Noel.

I'd actually quite like to play them, because Jonah reminds me of Steven Tyler, so I'd love to give them a total rock n' roll lifestyle. but I prefer to make my own universities than use pre-made ones.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 6:25 PM
Oh, they're in my sim bin waiting to go in with a later generation of students. My plans are to move them to Sim State to fit Roxie and Max's majors, and then either change Edwin's major, or move him to La Fiesta Tech to reflect his major.

At my current stage in my hood, Roxie and Max would be around 15 years old and Edwin 13. I just pretend that they live and are growing up in a different part of town that I don't play when they don't join university until later on.

I like the idea of setting university premades as distant relatives of other premades - is there a list somewhere of suggestions?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 6:29 PM
I'm having a lot of fun with Jonah and Roxie. Roxie, it turns out, is a Drama Queen. She threw a fit about a cow-mascot flirt that occurred half an hour after she and Jonah had their first woohoo (i.e. about half an hour into their first play session), and then proceeded to conduct sexual mentorships for male students out of their bedroom. She treats Max Flexor, in particular, like a yo-yo, letting him go and then pulling him back. I've seen her deliberately wait until one of these mentees came into view before wiggling up to Jonah and laying the loving on him. Jonah revenge-dates. But they are pretty solidly together, and both of them go in for shameless flattery and equally shameless milking of guilt during make-up periods.

Jonah and Edwin hate, hate, hate each other. Delilah spontaneously came on to Edwin (a decision made easier because Mitch fell for Dixie Land like a ton of bricks the first time he saw her, which was the first time I played him (go to community lot, check out random dormie, scope room - OMG Dixie is HOT!) and they soon got engaged and married. I have 0-nice point sims who don't have as much trouble making friends as Ed does, but he's partly responsible for the Roxie-Max Axis of Drama, as he seized on Mitch's (fairly hapless) buddy Max as the answer to the Jonah Problem and kept giving him encouragement that wasn't quite justified by the reality of who Roxie is. He and Roxie are great friends, but he and Jonah can't be in the same room.

All three are now graduated and living in crappy rental units in Bigg City, which is downtown Widespot. Edwin and Delilah have a rental house and a baby on the way. Delilah's found her dream job of Gamer, Edwin is still job-hunting. Hey, it's hard to get recruited into the SCIA! It's not like they have recruitment offices, and a lot of the cryptic ads in the paper are just scams...Roxie and Jonah live in a teeny tiny triplex and both have their LTW careers. Jonah is in music, and Roxie is a slacker. They never see a newspaper and their trash bin pretty much lives on its side.Jonah is cultivating a rich old lady who wants, ahem, to be a patron of the arts, and Roxie is cultivating everyone she meets. She's not positive her career as sexual mentor is over with graduation, either. Jonah is Romance/Fortune and Roxie is Romance/Pleasure. I have an experiment in mind to use vacation neighborhoods to simulate "going on tour," but I'll have to think about how to set that up, as logically Roxie ought to be able to run around on Jonah without fear of being spotted while he's running around on her, so I may need some mods.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)