Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Charlton Island

by armiel Posted 16th Sep 2011 at 9:53 AM - Updated 28th Jan 2012 at 2:48 PM by armiel

194 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 112 Feedback Posts, 81 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 8
Test Subject
#176 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 1:42 PM
me again, I have rabbithole rugs, but still nothing, I put it in there in buy mode, and when I exited I have to click on it to show me the list , but not in map view, am I doing something wrong?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#177 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 4:27 PM
I dunno, I don't have the world installed myself, so I can't test. But if you can access theatre options, I see no issues.
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 10:36 AM
Hi Armiel, first of all thank you for this world, it works perfectly for me as my PC doesn't like large worlds.

Now for my question. I have the updated version of all EinfachSimlisch windows, doors and arches in my game (merged with S3PE) so I tried to take them out of the world file with custard and that would not work. I then installed with the Launcher and then tried to uninstall the windows and the Launcher won't allow me to uninstall them.

In the game my sims walk through the doors and there is no open and close animations.

Do you have any idea as to what I must do to remove them from the world file or are yours the updated versions then I can just take mine out of the game.

Thank you for your help and also for all your creations, I use most of them.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#179 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 10:46 AM
SIMCITIZEN4,
if you have installed the world with the windows included in to the file, you need to uninstall both the world and the windows at once.
For custard not working for the deleting of the windows, I don't know why it doesn't work. And what comes to merging the windows to one file, I don't know how the game recognizes them since they were originally sims3packs when I made the world.

I'm sorry I can't help more with this (if what I just said even helps any). I have purposely left the thread to state where it says it's usable pre-pets only. Which is by my knowledge the only state it works fully as I intended.
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 11:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
SIMCITIZEN4,
if you have installed the world with the windows included in to the file, you need to uninstall both the world and the windows at once.
For custard not working for the deleting of the windows, I don't know why it doesn't work. And what comes to merging the windows to one file, I don't know how the game recognizes them since they were originally sims3packs when I made the world.

I'm sorry I can't help more with this (if what I just said even helps any). I have purposely left the thread to state where it says it's usable pre-pets only. Which is by my knowledge the only state it works fully as I intended.

Ok thanks Armiel and yes you have helped a little. I will try again with Custard and see what I can do. I realise that you said that it works pre-pets but I would really like to try and make it work as I was thinking maybe if I used Rigfix to fix the various files I could maybe get it to work, here's hoping .

Anyway just to let you know I played your world for about two hours and I have Showtime and I am patched to 1.32 and the only problem I had was the doors and I can live with that if I have to, so thank you once again for all you do for us.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#181 Old 4th May 2012 at 6:18 AM
Would it be ok if I made a Sims 3 series called Charlton Island about characters on the island and stuff? Like, I could make it really good.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#182 Old 4th May 2012 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by YasminBrat4711
Would it be ok if I made a Sims 3 series called Charlton Island about characters on the island and stuff? Like, I could make it really good.
Go for it
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#183 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 9:22 AM
Love that world <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#184 Old 4th Aug 2012 at 9:59 PM
Does this world work with the latest patch?
Lab Assistant
#185 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 6:18 PM
Default Great Looking place
Charlton,...pretty place. Why am I commenting is I can not find any other comments on Where to find this program "CUSTARD", Delphy dose not have here, or at least not any more I do apologize if this is yet again the same question , but I did spend the time looking for a possible answer in any other posting...is this a program that will help me with building of my own world? Or at least make it right for others to download?

There are no short cuts to a place worth going!
Thankyou for your creative works of art.
They are well appreciated. AKA: Tricia
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#186 Old 17th Aug 2012 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pjbrooks56
Charlton,...pretty place. Why am I commenting is I can not find any other comments on Where to find this program "CUSTARD", Delphy dose not have here, or at least not any more I do apologize if this is yet again the same question , but I did spend the time looking for a possible answer in any other posting...is this a program that will help me with building of my own world? Or at least make it right for others to download?
Google "Delphy CUSTARD". And read the post. All the answers are there.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#187 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 11:07 PM
great up thx alot
Test Subject
#188 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 12:02 PM
If I rigifix the CCs, will the island be fixed?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#189 Old 27th Jan 2013 at 3:25 PM
You had a lot of work making this city. I'm impressed. Really good job. Thank You!
Test Subject
#190 Old 18th Mar 2013 at 10:38 PM
I love this world. Amazing work armiel! Does it work with the latest patch though? I want to download it before I start playing my newest sims :D
Test Subject
#191 Old 20th Jul 2013 at 12:25 AM
Okay I removed and re-installed the entire game and then this and it looked okay and then I put my custom content back in and now where the roads and home's "driveways" meet there is clipping (like you can see sidewalk and road clipping between each other) I really hope there's a way I can fix this
THANKS POST
#192 Old 10th Feb 2015 at 6:12 AM
Thanx a lot! ^_^
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#194 Old 6th Apr 2019 at 9:38 AM
Merci!
Test Subject
#195 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 1:51 PM Last edited by That_Janitor : 13th Jul 2019 at 1:33 AM. Reason: Tried making a CAW workaround
I don't know about the other two recent posters, but similar to jclark22player, the sidewalks that are supposed to look like driveways flicker for me. The transparent sidewalk shows up with the default sidewalk and they end up z-fighting (The flickering). I have no idea why that happens, though.

I'm assuming it's a transparent sidewalk, anyway. You can see the lines on both the default and the transparent ones. Either way, the default sidewalk is visible.

Here's an image.
https://i.imgur.com/uXGDw18.png

If anyone has an idea how to fix this, I would so appreciate it. The world itself is awesome. Oozes atmosphere.

Edit: Ended up decompiling and editing the "Sidewalk" custom road in CAW to change the asphalt textured sidewalks into the regular sidewalk texture. It's... not perfect, but at least it's not flickering except for one or two spots.
Page 8 of 8