Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 6:45 PM
Default Before I wipe my computer...
Hi all.

I've had my Lenovo Z40 for about two months now--love it--and it's been working just fine until over this Thanksgiving weekend. I bought South Park: Stick of Truth off of the Steam store and tried to download it. Now, the steam launcher refuses to work, saying that it needs to be online in order to work even though I am. The Steampowered site also refuses to come up in Chrome for help. Spotify is also not working, claiming I don't have internet when I do. My firewall is also busted, because my trial of McAfee is up and it won't let me disable it to allow the windows firewall to do the job.

Right now, after reinstalling steam and receiving the same results, I'm backing up my files to do a system wipe and start from scratch. In doing so, I need to know if it's possible to transfer the downloaded TS2 UC files to a OneDrive or something instead of having to endure the entire download process again. Also--if anyone has any ideas about the problems listed above, they would be really helpful.

I already did a system restore, so I'm kind of at my wits end.

Thanks a Million,
--Sapphire

Someday, I want to work for EA so I can give The Sims franchise the jump-start kick in the ass it deserves.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 4:00 PM
Did you try completely uninstalling McAfee?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 10:58 PM
I did...performed two more system restores that reinstalled it. Is that my problem? I assumed it was.

EDIT: It's uninstalled, good and gone, but I can't update my firewall because of slow internet connection. That might be the root of the problem.

Someday, I want to work for EA so I can give The Sims franchise the jump-start kick in the ass it deserves.
Scholar
#4 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 3:02 AM
What do you mean "update" your firewall? What are you trying to update?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Dec 2014 at 9:48 PM
I'm trying to update my windows defender and firewall to replace McAfee. My computer is telling me that i need to update them. And I'm trying to at the moment.