Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Slacker of Immense Slackness
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 2:59 AM Last edited by Loverat : 20th Apr 2005 at 3:24 AM.
Default Looking for build mode files? A type of floor? That certain door?
Hi guys

I think there is definitely a market for a sticky where people can ask for directions to certain things they may need for building a lot.

Just post your question here (eg: does anyone know where to find purple and pink striped recoloured doors?) and hopefully someone can help you out.

<:3))~~ Loverat
"In some cultures what I do is considered normal"

www.loverat.net Check it out for other recolours & lot uploads =D
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 9:08 AM
Won't this detract from the new Where Can I Find forum? I'd have been inclined to start encouraging people to ask such questions there.
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th May 2005 at 4:36 AM
I have a project for which I would like to recreate houses in Sims 2 from actual architect plans. I need help in scaling the plans to fit the building mode grid.
My question is: what are the scale dimensions of a grid square in the building mode? 2 feet? a yard? a meter?
Instructor
#4 Old 15th May 2005 at 5:00 AM
I would DESPERATELY LOVE to have (like yesterday or as soon as possible) either a pic of a rollercoaster track or train track (track of any kind) that is the same width on both ends, so that I can make a floor tile from it, or if anyone knows of such a floor tile that I might use in a lot that I wish to post both at my Yahoo Group and at TSR. Aha... That's the sticky point here I guess, TSR. But I want to enter their build competition with a certain type lot and need a track floor tile that the tracks meet end to end and aren't askew. I have pics of tracks but they're taken in the perspective of looking forward down the line and so they narrow (not good for floor tiles). Can't find any pics of tracks taken looking directly down at them on the ground and not ahead. So if anyone knows of any, or knows of any floor tiles like that where the author wouldn't mind I used them (and gave them credit for using them in the description of the file when posted) please PM me asap. Thanks.

netseeker2
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 15th May 2005 at 9:01 AM
I think a tile is about 3ft or 1m.
Test Subject
#6 Old 15th May 2005 at 4:22 PM
Thank you, Inge. That's what I thought but needed a confirmation.
Scholar
#7 Old 23rd May 2005 at 1:24 PM
Default Where can I find this floor?
Does anyone know where this floor can be found in this pattern but in a wet sandy color?
It was accidentally deleted it ( there were 2 of them in the bin, if one is deleted they both get deleted). thx for any help.
xo
Attached Images

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th May 2005 at 4:26 PM
When I build my houses from plans, I use the conversion of 2-4 ft = 1 tile, 5-7 ft = 2 tiles, 8-10 ft = 3 tiles... etc. Sometimes the houses look a little off, but it seems to work the best this way, rather than a straight 3:1 ratio. Just my 2 cents.

Sotalia
#9 Old 31st May 2005 at 9:33 AM
Could anyone tell me how to build a different-level ledder and how to make a pool but with deleted walls and floor then it looks like a wonderful lake. Please help!!! Sorry for my English. I'm from Russia
#10 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 4:41 PM
Is it possible to take a TS1 floor (the bitmap) amd make it for TS2?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:TheSims.jpg
Either or would eb appricated.
#11 Old 18th Jun 2005 at 4:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tainted Angel
Is it possible to take a TS1 floor (the bitmap) amd make it for TS2?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:TheSims.jpg
Either or would eb appricated.

Ghetto edit.

I was talking about two floors.

The wooden flllor in the screenie. and a grey marble fll rthat caeme with Maxis floor and wall creator.
#12 Old 24th Jul 2005 at 11:50 PM
Is there anyone that knows were i can find a curved marvel stair and a crystal shanduler?
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 6:47 PM
i need to find glass walls (or seamless windows) and some different shades of transparent tiles.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Jul 2005 at 7:04 PM
I would like to find brick floors that match the different brick walls in the game. Does anyone know if anyone has made them?
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Jul 2005 at 8:47 PM
ok here is what you do go in the game go to build mode and paint you wall with what ever zoom in and press ctrl alt prt scr and go to ms paint and press paste then safe in the home crafter folder floors and open it and click creat fool and upload the tile thats how i do it anyways and its perfect every time if you need help just ask and ill help you in the best way i can
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 2nd Aug 2005 at 4:03 AM
I would like to recolor the lattice walls that are used on the second foundation.

I can unlock the wall cover by editing the catalogue, but then the wall still doesn't show up for editing in Homecrafter.

Does anyone know how I can make the wall show up in Homecrafter? Or where the wall is already unlocked and available as a standalone wall cover for download?

Thanks, greatly.

~D2K
Mad Poster
#17 Old 14th Aug 2005 at 4:07 AM Last edited by niol : 13th May 2006 at 6:34 PM.
Quote from Sotalia,
"When I build my houses from plans, I use the conversion of 2-4 ft = 1 tile, 5-7 ft = 2 tiles, 8-10 ft = 3 tiles... etc. Sometimes the houses look a little off, but it seems to work the best this way, rather than a straight 3:1 ratio. Just my 2 cents. "

Sotalia,
I back your solution and this's very pragmatic coz whether it's TS1 or TS2, Maxis tends to force objects with different scales to fit into its grid-based rationale while not thinking of making the objects reasonably proportional to a series of objects after considering the grid-based sizes. Therefore, varied lengths can happen to be on the same grid-size scale. So, if assuming there's a fixed scale comparing TS1 or TS2 to our real life, we're not gonna be able to make what we want in many cases. A moderate flexibility to readjust, as in Sotalia's way to scale things, can work out things more efficiently.

Updated: May read these threads as well for similar infos...
SimmerinLalaLand's House planning spreadsheet
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56704
House Plans
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=156955

Quote from Anastie,
"Could anyone tell me how to build a different-level ledder and how to make a pool but with deleted walls and floor then it looks like a wonderful lake. Please help!!!"

Check out this tutorial,

frillen7 - Paloma Beach Tutorial (in which you'll learn how to get the pool water out for your beach later.)
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...&user_id=126444
billydudeiskewl - Beach Bunglow Tutorial
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...untry=&view=all

simrollergirl1 - How To Create a Beach (4 landscaping)
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...untry=&view=all

Beware, due to the method used, your sims may appear swimming everywhere in the lot. However, you may try to use walls or alike to limit where they can swim to.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 1st Sep 2005 at 5:37 PM
What became of the request sections of the forums? Or how do you get to "where to find"? This may be totally the wrong place, but my question is... has anyone made an arched single doorway, or could someone please give it a try. I loved the arched single doorways in Sims 1 -- I'm not sure they came with the game, I think they may have been made from the arched open/close door.
#19 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 7:43 AM
does anyone know where to find glass walls?
Field Researcher
#20 Old 8th Sep 2005 at 8:51 AM
Aussie_Andy and sage_viper,

Here is a link to some wonderful glass walls made by Numenor.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...ghlight=Numenor

I use them in my game and they look terrific.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 1:21 PM
inge i doubt you come on this thread any more i have pmed you and no reply so i know this is off topic but this is my ony way of contacting;

I understand you may be busy, and if your not intersted please reply with a 'no' or something because i have pmed other peeps ad they never reply. Anyway, i was wondering if you could help me on a project. When a sim has a baby, i would like a pop up box asking;
would 'name' like to have a home birth or a hospital birth?' For the hospital birth, she/ he will be abducted like by the secret society for three days like being abducted by aliens. An ambukance will come to collect them. She/he will come home, baby in arms, and everyone will be cheering. For a home birth, the therapist (disguised as a midwife) will come down and another pop-up box will come up. 'Would 'name' like to give on the bed, sofa or standing?' You could use the relaxing animation and then the woman looking stressed. Then thre will be a video like the woohoo video showing the woman crying and the bed shaking, and out pops a baby. For the sofa, the video will have the showing the plumbob like the original birth, but when the video ends she will be standing with a baby. Standing will be the traditional maxis birth. Is this possible? We dont need the vidoes, but it would be nice. Could the animations be made? I have downladed Miches' animation editor and will be trying to make it. But could you help me out for the hacking/ modding parts e.c.t pretty pretty please???

Simmygurl
Test Subject
#22 Old 11th Sep 2005 at 1:01 PM
Has anyone attempted, or do they know if there are, or is it even possible to make new textures for the smaller stairs? What I am looking for is brick stairs.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Sep 2005 at 3:03 PM
Minena,

Numenor has made some recolourable clones for modular/connecting stairs.

the following link is to just the one for holy Smoke stair.
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?p=300640

But you can click on Numenor's link and search for the other downloads by Numenor.

Also, if you want the recoloured, you'll have to check out the recolour threads linked on the mod's thread.
Test Subject
#24 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 2:13 PM
Have anyone tried making a rental house in the neibourhood? I move my Sims a lot, espcially when the family got bigger. Rental houses with low price for starter Sims would be great. It'd be better if the furniture stay in tact after I move my Sims out, like in the rental houses in the University.

It'd be good too, if they have to pay for the rent. I'm not sure, maybe someone could figure it out how to add the rental fee to the amount of regular bill? (Though I guess it's not neccessary.)
Test Subject
#25 Old 8th Oct 2005 at 10:01 AM
Hey,I am new in this so don`t be mad at me...How do I save hair meshes and stuff so I can use it in the game?In wich file?
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Please utilize the WCIF area on S2C.
Page 1 of 4