Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 4:40 PM
Default My sims 3 mods are not working or even showing up as downloaded
I have been trying ever since I got my new laptop with windows 8.1, to get my sims 3 mods to work properly. I have tried multiple ways to try and get them to download properly, but nothing ever seems to make them show up on my downloads to be installed on my actual game when it's opened up. I'm not sure if there is a specific way or if I'm doing it wrong, but if you have the same problem or know how to solve this problem then please could you reply and help me out.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 5:38 PM
I could be misunderstanding, but are you trying to get mods into your game's Downloads folder and installed via the Launcher? If so, that won't work. The procedure is to first set up the Framework required to accept package based content, which is very different from sims3packs.
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files

Then mods and other forms of package based content are installed by unzipping/unraring (if they arrive that way) and placing the package files into your Mods/Packages folder.