Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Dec 2012 at 7:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default Can't delete a wall floating in air [pic]

Hi all, this is my problem right now. I recently downloaded Sunflower Estates by Anjubee on the Sims 3 Exchange. I started to delete the gazebo included in this lot, and I was able to delete all of the walls except for this one. When I click the wall, no prompts show up. I have tried to use the sledgehammer tool, but it doesn't even recognize that the wall is there.

Do you have any suggestions on how to go about fixing this problem?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 4:13 PM
Don't get things from the Exchange unless you know what you are getting and who you are getting it from?

Did you get any warning about some things being replaced when you installed the lot?

That is not a normal height for a deck... I wonder if that was built with CFE? (CFE can cause a lot of trouble. )

Try "ConstrainFloorElevation false" (without the quotes) and see if you can delete things now. Then be sure to use ConstrainFloorElevation True to turn the cheat back off.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 6:09 PM
I agree it looks like decking- try building and then deleting a deck (or foundation) over that area. You may have to flatten it with 'Constrainfloorelevation' first though.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Dec 2012 at 7:49 PM
build something under that will support this floating wall, had the same thing once and this worked
Test Subject
#5 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 8:34 PM
I know this is an old thread and I am sorry for posting here, but I was wondering if this was ever resolved. I have downloaded the same lot from MTS and I have the same exact issue, can't delete this wall piece. I have tried all the tips above but nothing is working. Did you ever figure out a way to delete this wall piece?
#7 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 6:49 AM
I had a look at the photos of the build on MTS and it looks like the builder couldn't delete it either as there is a photo with this thing in it, taken from a very 'hiding' angle (see below) It's a piece of decking for sure. I suggest giving it a whack with CFE false and see what gives. Other than that its a pretty unremarkable house, to be honest.

#9 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 7:13 AM Last edited by fairycake89 : 9th Mar 2015 at 7:32 AM.
hee hee i'll do it too!

Ediit

ok! The gazebo of doom is gone! As I said, just whack it with CFE false. *Waggles Elvish eyebrows*

#11 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 7:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
did you remove the whole gazebo in 1 click?

No, several well aimed clicks and a good kick in the gazebos The trick is to take it down methodically, and that picture which was placed with MOO was the culprit I agree,