Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 1:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Default The Sims 3 Worlds will not Load
I have encountered a problem that has stopped me from playing the game and I do not know what has caused it.
I start the game and all goes well if not slow until I get to the screen where you pick what world you want to play, (saved or new) as I deleted my saves I need to load a new world (neighbourhood). I select which world I want to play and the new screen comes up indicating that it is loading, the green bar slowly progresses and the hints come up ok, the bar gets to within 2mm of the end and stops, the hints keep coming up but nothing else happens, I sat for nearly an hour waiting to see if something would happen to no avail.
Please help.
The Bunyip
Attached files:
File Type: rar  DxDiag.rar (8.4 KB, 87 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Jun 2013 at 10:37 PM
Do you have any custom content? I had the exact same thing occur after I updated to the 1.55 patch. I had removed most of my CC and left only what I thought would be ok, I guessed wrong. After removing it, the game loaded without a hitch.
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 11:14 AM
Me too. In my case irt was the AddAnyLotSize mod that caused the problem
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 12:23 PM
I've had the same problem, and like with what werismyki said, I removed all my content completely and it loaded fine. I'd be ok with this if it didn't happen that all my sims have custom hair and skin tones, so I tried loading the game one mod at a time. The AwesomeMod kept telling me there was a non-critical core mismatch, on just about every mod I added in after it-- INCLUDING downloads in the launcher. So I'm not sure what to do other than try to reinstall my game completely up to the 1.55.4 patch and just NOT update to that one. But I doubt my efforts will be useful... I even updated a lot of these mods to see if they'd work (some of them are seemingly compatible for all versions future and past) and even the no-intro and no-maxis mods were viewed as non-critical core mismatches.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 1:25 PM
I tried removing Custom Content, started game, got to Launcher, clicked arrow to launch game, got Black Screen for 45 minutes and then I gave up.
The Bunyip
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Jun 2013 at 8:25 PM
Quick update, I've only installed two expansion packs after basegame and unfortunately it jumped right to updating to 1.55.4. I... I don't want to start sorting my cc because that means I'll have to load it one mod at a time to see what's compatible, and what isn't. It doesn't take as long to load the game as on other computers, but it's still a while that I have to wait... I'm wondering if it's just awesome mod that is the problem, but.. I guess I'll wait and see. Half the mods/content I've got hasn't updated for years, because it's supposedly universal, i.e. "doesn't need to be updated". I just wish there was a program I could get that uploads all the content and says what expansion pack it's compatible with, and if it's not compatble with others. The Dashboard only tells me if there are conflicts and corrupted files, or sims2packs... Not if they're up to date/use-able
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 12:58 AM
I am having the same issue. I hate removing CC. ):
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 3:53 AM
Problem seems to be solved, I removed 'AddLotSize' and everything is loading ok at the moment, thanks everyone for their support and help.
I think that "mods" should be tested more before publishing them.
The Bunyip
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#9 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 12:16 PM
For future reference - mods like clothing, hair, accessories, tattoos, makeup, many/most furniture and decorations, etc. very rarely need updating. Core mods like Awesomemod or XCAS ALWAYS need updating. Tuning mods and mods that include scripting, which change the behavior of the game or introduce new functionality, may or may not need updating. (This includes most of the NRaas mods, which should always be updated; scripts adding interactions to sims or objects and objects with special added functions which usually won't need updating.) It's a good idea to keep these different types of mods separate.

In this case, the EA town/lot functionality has changed with the new option to move to another neighborhood, so it's not surprising a mod affecting lot size needed an update. (Add Any Lot Size was updated for 1.55 on 6/19.) It's got nothing to do with adequately testing a mod; creators can't predict when EA will make changes that bork their mods.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#10 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 3:06 PM
I'm kinda stumped on what do do now. I've reinstalled all my expansion packs and put AwesomeMod in with 4 other mods (Aikea Guinea - TS3 Default Replacement Eyes, CookingAndIngredientsOverhaul, Douglasveiga_MixManyElixirs_v1.1, and gesimz50%SlowerSkills+HiddenSkills) to see which is the problem... Kind of thinking that AwesomeMod IS the problem, but it's the only thing that's gonna tell me if something is mis-matched. Otherwise I have to try and load the game, try to load a neighborhood, get stuck, and realized something's wrong and crash the game through the task manager to get back and load another mod... I'm gonna try loading the game with NO coremods, (and through the Dashboard I can tell which... is putting those in the Overrides folder a bad idea?), but I'm going to add all my cc that's hairs and clothes and stuff to see if that'll work.
Test Subject
#11 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 4:14 PM
OK, now I got my game working with all my cc that isn't coremods; and I even got the no-intro and no-maxis mods to work. But now all my neighborhoods are incompatible with the current version, and so are my family.sims3packs. I haven't checked to see if the savedsims files work, but I figure I'll have to redo my family for the bazillionth time. I even made that sims3pack to back it up for once.... OTL
Test Subject
#12 Old 22nd Jun 2013 at 5:01 PM
Alright, this'll probably be my last update, but I got the simpack to work by going here and downloading the tools, and following it's instructions: http://games4theworld.bestgoo.com/t...-launcher-error

I used it to fix my family backup, and now everything is in order. I'm going to test a couple of the coremods that I haven't added... after backing up my entire EA folder, that way I have a full backup of when it's working.
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th May 2016 at 1:20 AM
I'm Having a problem where it will only not load Twinbrook and i've taken all of my mods out and nothing. Any Help?