Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
#151 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NutsAndDolts
That makes sense.

I just, forgot.

I hope Supernatural adds more drawbacks to vampires. xD

Is their super-skilling even fixed yet? I haven't had one in forever.

I don't know what SN has in store for vamps, but I do know you'll b able to create all kinds of supernaturals, including old ones like vamps, genies and ghosts, in CAS.
Which will mean players can start with high powered supernatural founders unless you ban it.
I thought the super skilling was a feature, not a bug?
Advertisement
Inconceivable!
#152 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
I thought the super skilling was a feature, not a bug?

I thought I read that vampires were supposed to be able to skill at 1.5x the normal rate, but it was bugged so that every time you saved and reloaded your game it would multiply that figure and eventually your vampire would gain skills instantly. I had that happen with a child vampire Sim once, where he would sit down to do his homework and BOOM it was done. Within, like, 1 Sim minute. I'm pretty sure that's a bug not a feature.

If anyone is curious, traveling with toddlers is a BAD idea. Since you can't call a taxi cab in any of the three destination worlds, they are stuck at base camp. Always. Which means you've got to either call a babysitter or leave one of your Sims at home with them. Ugh, such a pain.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 8:40 PM
Hi Chorok and annoellyn! Welcome to the thread! :-)

Thanks for the advice on life spans everybody. I think I'll leave mine where it is for now and decrease it later if it gets to be too long.

I'm all for new family rolls. It does open up a lot of story opportunities. I really like the couple with a friend on the couch.

Buckley, that house is gorgeous. Danielle is one lucky Sim.
Scholar
Original Poster
#154 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 9:03 PM
Faster skilling is a feature, but the multiplier is/was broken, meaning the vampire skills much faster than intended, and does so whether it's night or day. I remember Martin Archer took one photo, and BAM level 10 photography skill.

There aren't Late Night jeans for male teen sims. :'( Teen boys get a pair of pants from Generations (I think they look bad), a pair from Pets (what, are those for riding or something? ew), and a pair from SHT (they have extraneous zippers and a chain; one of the coloring options also has scary rainbow rabbits on the belt).

I even tried looking for some conversions of expansion pack adult pants to teen, but all I could find were some do it yourself instructions. o.o

Expansion packs just seem to make the assumption that all most people play are adult sims. There's rarely consideration for toddlers, children, teens or elders.

Anyway I found a few CC ones after a while, so we'll see if that makes me feel better. =P

As for the family structure, I'm seeing more excitement than resistance, soooo... here's what the current rolls we have right now look like:

(roll 1-17)
1-5) Single Parent (29.41% chance)
6) Mixed Couple (5.88% chance)
7) Mixed Single Parent (5.88% chance)
8-14) Couple (35.29% chance)
15) Step Children (5.88% chance)
16) Single Parent with 'help'. (5.88% chance)
17) Second Chance (5.88% chance)

Percentages don't exactly add to 100, due to my lack of rounding up. But you get the idea.

And here's my proposed revision:

(roll 1-35)

1-10) Single Parent (28.57% chance)
11-21) Couple (31.42% chance)
22-23) Mixed Couple (5.71% chance)
24) Mixed Single Parent (2.85% chance)
25-26) Step Children (5.71% chance)
27-28) Single Parent with 'help'. (5.71% chance)
29-30) Second Chance (5.71% chance)
31-32) Single parent with double help (5.71% chance)
33-34) Couple + Friend (5.71% chance)
35) Commune (2.85% chance)

To get the percentages to work out similarly to the old one, I had to up the numbers quite a bit. We'd be rolling between 1 and 35 instead of 1 and 17.

The new rolls would be

1. "single parent with double help" (like single parent with help, but with 2 friends/relatives instead of 1; none can be romantically involved with each other until the youngest child born is halfway through its teen stage)(The heir rolls for career using section C, while the helper sims use section D.)
2. Couple + Friend (your heir must obtain a spouse, plus an extra friend or relative to help raise the kid/be a bum on their couch/whatever. Alternately, your heir can remain single, and be the housemate of a couple. Your heir rolls for careers using section C, and the other two use section D.)
3. Commune (actually I wasn't sure what to call this. I was going with "Crowded", but I didn't want to put a negative connotation to the roll. Commune has very specific connotations, though. So help me out?) (In this roll, three other sims live with your heir, not counting the previous generation or your heir's children. There is no restriction on the relationships these three other sims will have with your heir or between themselves. If you happen to roll 5 children, either re-roll for family structure, or re-roll for # of children. Your heir and one of the others will roll for careers using section C, and the remaining two will use section D).

I'm drawing a blank trying to think of other family structures that wouldn't restrict something we already have.

*cough* How does that sound? Criticism is more than welcome. If you have objections or see room for tweaking, speak up!
Scholar
#155 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 9:34 PM
I keep thinking we should get rid of the "mixed" in single/couple. I rolled non-mixed couple for Pearl but I still plan on having her adopt.

But anyway, I think the new family structures look awesome, Becky! But maybe have "commune" refer to four singles.

"Full house" could be two couples.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Scholar
Original Poster
#156 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 9:43 PM
You mean you think there should be two rolls that involve 4 people, one for singles and one for two couples?

Interesting thought. The more rolls there are for four people, the more chance there is to roll that. I was thinking that by leaving it as one roll, it would be more fun since it's both rarer, and you'd get to choose exactly who those four people are. You could mix and match. Two could be a couple, two could be singles, even.

I don't know if I'd want 4 singles. 3 would be hard enough, for me. They tend to have hard lives, story wise. xD

The mixed thing.... we were going to get rid of it, when we decided to allow adoption at any time, but people were speaking up for it. They liked being occasionally forced to do something they might normally not do. Sounds weird, eh? =P ...Just like we have a rule for half-siblings, even though you can have half-siblings whenever you want.
Test Subject
#157 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:23 PM
Ooooops. I didn't know that the inheritance reward was banned. I've used it in my legacy, but I haven't used any of my money yet. Would it be okay to just familyfund it out? ....or could I please just keep it this time? I'm saving up money for the vampire be gone potion, which is 60,000 simoleons in my game due to a mod I'm using :/ and was hoping to use the inheritance money to chip in.

but I'd be okay with familyfund-ing the money out in order to continue playing my legacy and not starting over, too.

The new addition to marital structure sounds fun!
Scholar
#158 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:43 PM
Chorok: considering you're using a mod to make that aspect of the game so much harder I think in this instance it would be okay to keep the money.

Test Subject
#159 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 10:45 PM
Story > Rules.

All of the rules in the legacy are bendable to your own style of play. i had a few queries when I first started doing legacies about keeping a robot alive for all 10 generations, when they're supposed to be removed with the nextt heirs maturing into young adult. Everyone that was reading my blog at the time told me that I could do whatever I wanted with the robot in truth :P

My Random Legacy Challenge!: Flames Legacy!
Scholar
Original Poster
#160 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 11:02 PM Last edited by NutsAndDolts : 17th Jul 2012 at 1:46 AM.
Chorok, it wasn't officially banned until just now. So if you used it before, that's fine. =)

And yeah... the rules are more like... guidelines. ^^'

They exist to give you a structure so you can challenge yourself. Nobody gets mad if you want to bend one.

Edit: dude, now I just feel kind of bad for adding it to the disallow list.
Alchemist
#161 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 1:55 AM
Right, I forgot about the bugginess of the vamp skill. I never really like playing them, so my experience is really limited.
I think the new rolls new look great.
My opinion, for what it's worth, is that you only need one rule for the 4 Sim deal, and let players choose how that divides up. (hey, it allows polygamy/polyandry that way if anyone wants to go that route.)

And yeah, I remember having to go and put the 'mixed' rolls back in after they were removed because once they were gone, people wanted them back.
Scholar
#162 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 2:25 AM
Polyandry?

... *Quietly goes and makes changes to every single one of the rolls for Pearls' kids*

Instructor
#163 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 2:31 AM
And the 4 adults can go the route of Andy Dick. He lived in the same house as his ex wife, their kid, his new girlfriend and their kids and his ex's new partner and their (potential) kids...
Scholar
Original Poster
#164 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 2:41 AM
I'm surprised Melissa had to point that out. I thought it was kind of obvious, the things you could do... =P
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#165 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 2:43 AM
Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the single with help and/or second chance with a slightly higher percentage than the new 3 and 4 adult rolls. Those just seem more improbable than the other two. I've always thought that second chance should be closer up the list though, maybe around 10%. I do agree to leave the 4 adult household as one roll and it can be broken up however people want it since there are no relationship restrictions.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#166 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 3:13 AM
Yay! New rules! I also think that there should only be one 4 person rule, and I agree with heaven's proposed percentage change.

Buckley, that house is just perfect ♥
Scholar
Original Poster
#167 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 3:16 AM
Hmmm. If I took one off of Single Parent + Double Help, and added it to Second Chance, that would leave something like this...

1-10) Single Parent (28.57% chance)
11-21) Couple (31.42% chance)
22-23) Mixed Couple (5.71% chance)
24) Mixed Single Parent (2.85% chance)
25-26) Step Children (5.71% chance)
27-28) Single Parent with 'help'. (5.71% chance)
29-31) Second Chance (8.57% chance)
32-33) Couple + Friend (5.71% chance)
34) Single Parent with Double Help (2.85% chance)
35) Commune/Crowd/All of your Fantasies (2.85% chance)

So closer to a 10% chance of second chance, and overall sliiiightly less chance of the new rolls. (Not that math matters if the dice hate you. Lol. ;D)

I guess the first marriage being a failure is more... in tune with pop culture's perception of how marriages are going "these days".

Also a cheap excuse to kill a sim if you're in a really bad mood. D=
Test Subject
#168 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 6:58 AM
Whew, I'm glad I can keep the money this time. I rarely use the inheritance reward, it feels very cheaty, but it's kind of like a lifesaver at the moment.

I have an update!
Chapter 1.6: Enjoy every idle hour
Instructor
#169 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 9:10 AM
Ok, as per usual I aged the kiddies up so I could see them... Now you need to choose.
First up the baby mama, Tabbi
First born, Indiana and second Benjamin
Screenshots
Scholar
#170 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 9:10 AM
I vote Indiana!

Instructor
#171 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 9:13 AM
I don't know where he got that hair colour... If it's not in the family somewhere, I think I'll change it to his mothers
Inconceivable!
#172 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 10:04 AM
Super long post! Sorry...

There aren't Late Night jeans for male teen sims. :'( Teen boys get a pair of pants from Generations (I think they look bad), a pair from Pets (what, are those for riding or something? ew), and a pair from SHT (they have extraneous zippers and a chain; one of the coloring options also has scary rainbow rabbits on the belt).

I even tried looking for some conversions of expansion pack adult pants to teen, but all I could find were some do it yourself instructions. o.o

Expansion packs just seem to make the assumption that all most people play are adult sims. There's rarely consideration for toddlers, children, teens or elders.

Anyway I found a few CC ones after a while, so we'll see if that makes me feel better. =P

I didn't realize we were talking about teenagers. I need to catch up with your legacy! (And learn to read more carefully, haha.)

I usually use the base game jeans for my teenagers, but yeah. They're not the best. I don't absolutely hate the Generations pants, but they don't suit everyone (or every Sim). Non-adult boy are the hardest Sims to dress, imo. The game lacks suitable clothing for all toddlers, children, teens, and elders, but it's especially bad for the guys. They get neglected the worst.

Post a link to the CC pants you found if you like them. I'm always looking for more clothing for my Simmies.

35) Commune/Crowd/All of your Fantasies (2.85% chance)

ROFL! That's just... <3

Love it. Can't wait.

Quote: Originally posted by teal_moonshine
Ok, as per usual I aged the kiddies up so I could see them... Now you need to choose.

INDIANA!!! I love that name! You can call him Indy for short! :lovestruc

Quote: Originally posted by CyyKosis
Buckley, that house is just perfect ♥

Thank you, all of you guys, for the compliments! My building skills are still pretty iffy sometimes, so I really appreciate it. <3
Instructor
#173 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 10:17 AM
I secretly love Indiana Jones so when collector was rolled for Pucci it was all I needed
Field Researcher
#174 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 6:39 PM
I love the new rolls for marital structure, do you think we could maybe have another one (or extend Second Chance) for a serial monogamist?

My name is Ali
My random legacy can be found here
Scholar
Original Poster
#175 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 8:14 PM
Hmm. How often would we be kicking the spouse out and getting a replacement? xD

Would repeats be allowed?

You can already have one of those with single parent, sorta; you just aren't allowed to move the significant other into the household.
Page 7 of 676