Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 8:54 PM
Default New Poster Problems
After posting my Theatre Poster Replacements> http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=393772 it was suggested by whoever approved the submission that I create them as stand alone objects for Sims' homes.
Well that's what I've tried but I can't seem to get it working.

I've used TSR's Worshop as that is what I have made all my other creations with, and have created a package that it would appear S3PE can read but that the game can't. At least it doesn't show anywhere in the catalogue.

I cloned the teen poster which costs $30 as a base. I have narrowed the mesh altered the price to $60 and then applied my texture changes.

I've tried to include all six poster designs on the one object. Could that be what's causing the issues?

Attached is my file in package and sim3pack versions. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MoviePoster.zip (728.4 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Description: attempted poster

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 9:18 PM
I haven't been creating for long, but I'm pretty sure TSR workshop is only for cas objects. I think you'll need S3OC and S3PE
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 9:31 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 6th Mar 2010 at 9:45 PM.
Creator Feedback is for things you have made that *do* work, and you just want people's opinions on ("Do you think the frame is too wide?"). Technical issues with objects belong in Create > Meshing.

I've never used Workshop myself – not sure how this tutorial http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=377737 relates to what you do in Workshop, but maybe it gives you a starting point to search for potential problems. Generally stuff not showing up in the catalogue can be due to missing or broken material definitions (or perhaps missing/wrong catalogue flags), so it's very well possible that something went wrong there. Can you explain in a bit more detail what you did?

I'm moving this to Meshing, perhaps another Workshop user can help.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#4 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 9:50 PM
Hey, I've made a quick meshing tutorial on TSR Workshop, it goes over all basics, so it may be able to apply to you:
http://thesimsupply.com/showthread.php?tid=377

Find me on YouTube!
Flabaliki - General gaming
TheSimSupply - Videos all about The Sims!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Mar 2010 at 11:19 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 7th Mar 2010 at 12:08 AM.
Well I seem to be doing everything right according to your tutorial, Flab.
I'm gonna have another mess about and if it still isn't working then I shall come back with detailed steps of what I am doing.

EDIT:
I appear to have got it to work this time. The only thing I did differently was to do it in stages and check each time in game and I added extra catagories for it to show in as opposed to removing some. It showed the very first time.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu