Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 6:33 PM
WCIF Mod That Allows Non-Mutual Relationships?
I play both TS2 and TS3, and they both have pros and cons. One of the biggest advantages of TS2 is that relationships aren't "linked"; a sim can be in love with someone who hates them and such. It's extremely bothersome that feelings are always mutual in TS3, it ruins so many potential scenarios to play out!

Now I know this has been discussed for years, but I've been searching the internet and pretty much everything I find on this is from 2010/2011 and thought maybe there is something now, 3-4 years later? I've understood this is advanced and requires a huge core mod, but I feel like that may have been done by now, if nothing else then by popular request. Is there anything like this? Then please, let me know so I can make all the awesome stories I want!

Thanks
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 4:13 PM
Aw, really? Viewed 50 times and no answer yet?
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#3 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 4:42 PM
I guess nobody knows about something like that. There's probably no modder crazy and reckless enough to alter such a core feature to that degree.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Buzzler
I guess nobody knows about something like that. There's probably no modder crazy and reckless enough to alter such a core feature to that degree.

Would it be that bad to change it? There must be something to at least change the "statuses" (in love, enemy, best friend etc) even if the scores are linked... Something!
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#5 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 8:20 PM
It would be incredibly invasive. A relationship is a single, one-dimensional entity. So there might be a relationship value of 70 with the status flag "in love". That relationship is always the same no matter in what direction you look. So it doesn't matter how big or small the changes are you want to make. It'd be a breaking change. Every bit of code relying on the current implementation would break. And that is a frigging enormous amount of code.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 12:27 PM
I really miss the two sided relationships, it made for much more interesting game play. I keep side eyeing this thread though because each time I see it I read non consensual relationships.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Oct 2014 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samhain
I really miss the two sided relationships, it made for much more interesting game play. I keep side eyeing this thread though because each time I see it I read non consensual relationships.

So do I. I've been forced to re-create my sims in TS2 in order to play out the stories I want, but there are some where I've spent hours of gameplay to get to the point, only to realize there is no way to make one sim love someone who hates them back :/