Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPDATE] 10 new CAS Sliders (Breast, Hip, Waist, Butt, Head and more)

by jonha Posted 24th Nov 2009 at 4:56 PM - Updated 5th Jan 2012 at 10:45 PM by jonha : Update

2089 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1650 Feedback Posts, 438 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 84
Test Subject
#301 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 2:02 AM
Thanks... I want to try it now!
But i think you can make one belly slider...
So Beer bellies sims can be in my stories.
Anyway, thanks for your wonerful mods.
Test Subject
#302 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 2:12 AM
I use the latest updates for both the base game and WA. I have the proper files in both bin folders. I downloaded the slider expansion package for 1.7. My game doesn't crash but it won't load all the way. After the Sims intro, the orange loading screen comes on and everything is fine at first...once the loading meter is full, the game doesn't go to the next screen where I can select my saved game. It just keeps staying in active loading mode without freezing or crashing. Am I doing something wrong?
Lab Assistant
#303 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 7:42 AM
First of all, I want to say thanks for making this! I'm not having crashing problems, I just can't get them to work.

I have awesomemod installed (configured to 5) along with your hacks. I'm not sure how many this would come up to, but I have:

Do I have too many installed?

Are thee a fan of delicious flavor?

Where'd thee obtain that juice box an doth it come in grapalicious?
Scholar
Original Poster
#304 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nicole Eads
Do I have too many installed?

If you have awesomemod installed you can't have too many, as awesomemod is eliminating the limit.

Are you sure, that they don't appear under facial details->mouth->general?
Lab Assistant
#305 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jonha
If you have awesomemod installed you can't have too many, as awesomemod is eliminating the limit.

Are you sure, that they don't appear under facial details->mouth->general?

I played with all of the settings in the mouth section and they only changed settings for the mouth. So they're all under the mouth/general tab?

Scholar
Original Poster
#306 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 8:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nicole Eads
I played with all of the settings in the mouth section and they only changed settings for the mouth. So they're all under the mouth/general tab?

Yes, they should appear there. See the rightmost screenshot. It's german, but it should show you where they are.

Two of the sliders are under head->general, but it's easier to look under mouth because there are the rather unusual breast/hip/wasit/etc. sliders you should be able to see immediately. Make sure, you scroll down if you didn't saw the scrollbar.
Test Subject
#307 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 1:25 PM
Oh schuldigung hab mich verschrieben...

hab ich ya versucht aba i- geht das bei mir nicht ich kenn mich auch nicht so gut damit aus..
Test Subject
#308 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 8:26 PM
Can you use awesomemod/this mod if you don't use the patches?
Scholar
Original Poster
#309 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Semmie96
Oh schuldigung hab mich verschrieben...

hab ich ya versucht aba i- geht das bei mir nicht ich kenn mich auch nicht so gut damit aus..

Sorry, "geht nicht" ist mir zu ungenau. Guck doch bitte in nem deutschen Forum nach Lösungshilfen, oder schreib mir ne private nachricht, dann aber bitte mit konkreter Problembeschreibung.

("it doesn't work" is a very inaccurate problem description, please ask in a german forum or write me a pm with a more precise problem description)

Quote: Originally posted by Aurora0791
Can you use awesomemod/this mod if you don't use the patches?

No. Neither Awesomemod nor my Slider Hack is compatible with old versions. There are some made by other people for some versions, but you will need to search yourself. I don't support old installations.
Test Subject
#310 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 9:43 PM
I was just wondering if its possible to make height sliders so the sim's could be taller or shorter. I haven't tried this mod yet but it sounds great.
Test Subject
#311 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 2:03 AM
For some reason when my WinRAR tries to unzip it it says it doesnt regonize the file.. help pleasee.!
Test Subject
#312 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 3:00 AM
I installed these with the newest patch and everything went to heck. All of my Sims just froze and would do nothing at all. I really like making Sims with it, but what is the use if you can't actually play the game with the Sim you built. Has anyone else had a problem with the new patch and this Hack?
Lab Assistant
#313 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 3:54 AM Last edited by Nicole Eads : 9th Jan 2010 at 9:54 AM.
Yes, they should appear there. See the rightmost screenshot. It's german, but it should show you where they are.

Two of the sliders are under head->general, but it's easier to look under mouth because there are the rather unusual breast/hip/wasit/etc. sliders you should be able to see immediately. Make sure, you scroll down if you didn't saw the scrollbar.

I've tried countless things and nothing seems to work, I tried uninstalling Awesomemod and using your sliders with your hack and I still don't see them in any of the tabs.

I checked again and the only thing in the mouth section are sliders for the mouth. Like I said before, these are the only mods that I have in my folder at the moment, so I'm sure it's not a conflict. Would there be something else that would cause them not to work?

I guess I could tell you that I have only the base game and have it updated to version 1.8.25.003001. I didn't add them until after I updated? I mean I've tried everything except for uninstalling the game and starting from scratch

Test Subject
#314 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 1:40 PM
"If you have WA, make sure, you put it in the WA game\bin folder, too. If it still doesn't work try deleting scriptCache.package in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3"

Sigh... I tried that too but alas, no luck! I installed WA after I used your sliders. Don't know if that would make a difference as they all still work, barring the sliderhack which is refusing to! Anyways, thanks again! I look forward to your next update! :-)
Test Subject
#315 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 3:08 PM
egal ich schreib es dir jetzt einfach so ..
könntest du mir eventuell mir die beschreibung also für den download natürlich (ambesten das sogar ich das verstehen kann ) schicken

(ich sag dir die e-mail wenn du mir geantwortet hast)
Test Subject
#316 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 3:33 PM
It was not working for me either and it had seemed like I had done everything correctly. Then I decided to download Delpy's Monkey Bars (I don't recall the exact name) and BAM! The sliders worked. Those of you having problems may want to try that.

Love the sliders by the way. They are perfect!
Lab Assistant
#317 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 9:45 PM
Downloading Custom Sims Created with Slider Hacks
First, thanks to you for helping us regular peeps enjoy more variety in our games!

My question is this: Does a person have to have a slider hack in their game to play with a custom sim that was created with said slider hack? My understanding is that you don't have to have the slider hack as long as you don't try to change anything that was adjusted by the slider hack. Is this no longer the case, or maybe it varies from hack to hack?

If you can only speak to your own hack, that is more than reasonable. I just thought that there might be a general rule about this kind of thing...

Thanks for any insight you can provide!
Scholar
Original Poster
#318 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RileyB90
"If you have WA, make sure, you put it in the WA game\bin folder, too. If it still doesn't work try deleting scriptCache.package in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3"

Sigh... I tried that too but alas, no luck! I installed WA after I used your sliders. Don't know if that would make a difference as they all still work, barring the sliderhack which is refusing to! Anyways, thanks again! I look forward to your next update! :-)

Try moving all your mods in the WA directory.
(Move the resources.cfg and the mods folder in the WA directory. Of course the WA directory should have the d9dx*.dll file in bin, too)

egal ich schreib es dir jetzt einfach so ..
könntest du mir eventuell mir die beschreibung also für den download natürlich (ambesten das sogar ich das verstehen kann ) schicken

No sorry, if you don't have a specific problem, I can't help you. And I won't translate everything to german or explain everything again.

Quote: Originally posted by mollipopster
My question is this: Does a person have to have a slider hack in their game to play with a custom sim that was created with said slider hack? My understanding is that you don't have to have the slider hack as long as you don't try to change anything that was adjusted by the slider hack. Is this no longer the case, or maybe it varies from hack to hack?

There are different "SliderHack"s, it's probably stupid naming. Anyway, there are hacks that let you "move the sliders further" so you can make more exaggerated faces (and body parts with my sliders). Such "overslidered" sims will retain their features when send to other people, unless they try to edit them and don't have the hack themself.

My "SliderHack" only affects the number of sliders you can install. Of course it doesn't matter, if other people have it installed, but if they want to use all my sliders, of course, then need one, too (but it doesn't matter, if it is the one on the downloadpage or awesomemod or another). The sliders itself are required for other people, if they want to have the body changes, too, otherwise they will "snap back" to their default position, even without editing the sim.
Lab Assistant
#319 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 3:57 AM
There are different "SliderHack"s, it's probably stupid naming. Anyway, there are hacks that let you "move the sliders further" so you can make more exaggerated faces (and body parts with my sliders). Such "overslidered" sims will retain their features when send to other people, unless they try to edit them and don't have the hack themself.

My "SliderHack" only affects the number of sliders you can install. Of course it doesn't matter, if other people have it installed, but if they want to use all my sliders, of course, then need one, too (but it doesn't matter, if it is the one on the downloadpage or awesomemod or another). The sliders itself are required for other people, if they want to have the body changes, too, otherwise they will "snap back" to their default position, even without editing the sim.

Oh, that was exactly what I needed to know. Thanks so much! *toddles off to download the additional slider hacks she needs to enjoy new simmies*
Lab Assistant
#320 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 9:40 AM
once i get access to install package files again i'll get this. it looks great.
Test Subject
#321 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 11:04 AM
mod works fine (huge thankyou) except the slider hack doesn't work for me. i still cant get the sliders to go to far....any help?
Test Subject
#322 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 1:03 PM
ok ok ich weiß nicht ganz was ich genau downloaden soll weil wenn ich oben auf der leiste auf download klike ist da unten dieser link aba ich kann dieses programm nicht öffnen

frage
wie alt bist du eig weil von nem jugendlich hätte ich das nicht erwartet du bist best. älter
Scholar
Original Poster
#323 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hoduken
mod works fine (huge thankyou) except the slider hack doesn't work for me. i still cant get the sliders to go to far....any help?

The slider hack doesn't increase the range of the sliders. It only allows to install more that 20 sliders per section (including EA's).

ok ok ich weiß nicht ganz was ich genau downloaden soll weil wenn ich oben auf der leiste auf download klike ist da unten dieser link aba ich kann dieses programm nicht öffnen

Open the zip file with WinRAR or 7zip and extract the package file it in mods\packages. First you will need to install the framework. Please just follow the install instructions.
Test Subject
#324 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 5:16 PM
Since I've downloaded this I noticed my game is running very slow...
The sliders work wonderfully but the problem is how slow my game is running. Help!
Scholar
Original Poster
#325 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yasashiku
Since I've downloaded this I noticed my game is running very slow...
The sliders work wonderfully but the problem is how slow my game is running. Help!

Please test again without my sliders. I don't think that they can cause major slowdown. (A minor slowdown of course is possible, because every package affects loading time a little)

if you are really sure, that my sliders make your game very slow, could you tell me, if it's only loading time or when the game is already up and if it happens in CAS or while normal gameplay and what exactly becomes slow. I will then try to reproduce (and fix it, if possible).

Edit: Oh, and your system specs would be helpful...
Page 13 of 84