Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 1:34 AM
Default Is Medieval suitable for several people playing the same kingdom?
Hi everyone! I'm thinking about getting The Sims Medieval but I wondered, would it work to have multiple people playing sims in the same kingdom? That is, in The Sims 3 my boyfriend and I can each have our own sim families in the same neighbourhood and swap between them - it's quite fun to see each other's sims walking around town and makes watching each other play more fun! In Medieval do you think we'd be able to each play different hero sims in the same kingdom and swap between them?

Thank you for your help!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 1:51 AM
Well you'd have to plan out how you spend QP and what quests you do but that could make it all the more fun.
Instructor
#3 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 2:56 AM
Should be possible to do one quest as the Knight and another as the Priest (for example) and just switch off. Might be better in TSM because you'd gradually see the world developing as a result.
Eminence Grise
#4 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 3:25 AM
There are a total of 10 possible heroes in each kingdom. Each quest requires at least one hero, sometimes two; and some quests require SPECIFIC heroes, while others are more flexible. For instance, quest A may require just the monarch, quest B may require the monarch and the knight, quest C may be able to use the monarch OR the knight and either the doctor or the spy, and so on

Sooo yeah... since out of the box the game requires you to ALWAYS be on a quest, and specific heroes are tied to specific quests, and quest selection has strategic consequences (in terms of how your kingdom develops), it might get kinda tricky. Which is not to say it can't be done, just depends on how flexible you and your boyfriend are in terms of who plays when.

Of course, if you use the cheat that allows you to play the "free time" quest, which is essentially goal-free play and allows you to use any sim, you don't need to worry about that
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 6:56 PM
Thank you all very much for all the replies! That actually sounds pretty fun, I think we'll give it a try! Possibly with cheats but I have no objection to that