Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 6:13 AM
When your Sims play games on the computer and move around like a maniac.....I don't do that when I play on the computer.
Advertisement
Theorist
#177 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 4:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IrishGrace
I am sick and tired of my Sim telling her children to do their homework, *while they're doing their homework*... especially since the first thing all of them do when they get home is do their homework, every day. She does it to all 5 of her children. Every single day. That's one of the main reasons I send them to boarding school as soon as they hit their teen years lol I've had this happen in other families, but never to this extreme.

Haven't had that happen yet. All my sim kids come home from school or work (if they're teens with PT jobs) and automatically do homework. None of the parents have to go after them. Heck last night my teen girl got home from her part time job at the spa, did her homework and for some reason got side tracked into doing something else. By the time I realized it wasn't done all the way (27%) she was on her way to school!!!

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Haven't had that happen yet. All my sim kids come home from school or work (if they're teens with PT jobs) and automatically do homework. None of the parents have to go after them. Heck last night my teen girl got home from her part time job at the spa, did her homework and for some reason got side tracked into doing something else. By the time I realized it wasn't done all the way (27%) she was on her way to school!!!

The thing they were talking about was when the child/teen comes home, starts doing their homework, and then the parent runs up and interrupts them with the "Ask to do homework" interaction. They were already doing it!
#179 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheeCakee
When your Sims play games on the computer and move around like a maniac.....I don't do that when I play on the computer.

I do .... *wiggle headbob wiggle*
Lab Assistant
#180 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 8:44 PM
When they do that weird automatic hand clapping thing or whatever it is. I told my Sim to go to work, but I guess in Simmish that means stand in the same spot and clap for a few minutes.
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 9:18 PM
The way they remember every time they repaired a toilet, or went to the park, or burned their food. And then I have to delete those memories, one by one. I like having memories for important stuff, like having a child or reaching the top of your career, but at this point I would honestly prefer not having memories at all to the mess we have now.
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 9:35 PM
"Your Sim just walked from the kitchen to the living room! Your Sim will never forget the fifteenth time he did this!"
Lab Assistant
#183 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 3:02 AM Last edited by marioo90 : 13th Jul 2011 at 4:48 AM.
Well... there's a ghost in my house, and it's NOT from a passed family member, i actually have aging turned off, so i guess it just came with the house... anyways, the dad from my family is a Ghost Hunter and when i click on the options to see if he can hunt the ghost, there are only options to talk to her... so he starts talking to her and he EVEN SHOWS HER that thing to hunt ghosts! It's like if during their chitchat the ghost asked him "So... What's your job?" and he replied "Oh, well, you see, i'm a Ghost Hunter. Look, here's this thing, this is where i put the ghosts when i hunt them..." and she's even like "Oh! That's cool!"... WTF? Seriously?
Scholar
#184 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Elanorea
The way they remember every time they repaired a toilet, or went to the park, or burned their food. And then I have to delete those memories, one by one. I like having memories for important stuff, like having a child or reaching the top of your career, but at this point I would honestly prefer not having memories at all to the mess we have now.

Try this. It's a Godsend.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Lab Assistant
#185 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 8:06 AM
^ Can't wait to try that, thanks!
Field Researcher
#186 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 8:57 AM Last edited by tiffyandthewall : 13th Jul 2011 at 9:10 AM.
my sims keep getting invited to parties but then when they arrive, it seems the hosts have all sneaked out the back door with no intention of coming back to invite them in.
and they say my sims throw awful parties! at least they stick around for long enough to answer the door.

also (this is a general thing) when sims with the 'handy' trait start idly swinging a wrench around...
the first time i saw it, i thought my sim was about to be attacked by a maniac and i made them leave.
Lab Assistant
#187 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 12:23 PM
got a burglar once, he set off the alarm and the copper turned up, the burglar beat the copper up and legged it down the street. thing is the wife chased after him, found out where he lived and as an investigator with the klepto trait, later broke in and stole our stuff back. game set and check mate
Field Researcher
#188 Old 13th Jul 2011 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by archamedes
got a burglar once, he set off the alarm and the copper turned up, the burglar beat the copper up and legged it down the street. thing is the wife chased after him, found out where he lived and as an investigator with the klepto trait, later broke in and stole our stuff back. game set and check mate

your sim just won the "Most Intelligent of All Sims" trophy.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Lab Assistant
#189 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 3:48 AM
I thought of another one. Probably my biggest Sims pet peeve... It's 3 AM and your Sim is exhausted, so they go to bed... And then you check on them and they aren't sleeping. They're NAPPING. At 3 in the morning. WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?!
Lab Assistant
#190 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 3:52 AM
Grabbing toddlers during a fire, putting them on the front lawn and then running back inside to stand next to fire, screaming and pointing at it.

OTL
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 6:17 PM
I just love the community pool!

I get up for a minute to go get some water while my sim is at the pool, I come back and he's FISHING in the POOL! He gets a message "The fish here aren't biting". Yeah, it's a POOL dumby.

Also, there are like 10 people at the pool. Do they go for a swim in the pool? No! They ALL cram in the 3x3 tile hotub and all swim there!
Screenshots

I've had enough, this is my prayer! That I die livin' just as free as my hair!
Lab Assistant
#192 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sandyfluff
I just love the community pool!

I get up for a minute to go get some water while my sim is at the pool, I come back and he's FISHING in the POOL! He gets a message "The fish here aren't biting". Yeah, it's a POOL dumby.

Also, there are like 10 people at the pool. Do they go for a swim in the pool? No! They ALL cram in the 3x3 tile hotub and all swim there!

you will find that is a side effect of having the insane trait
Lab Assistant
#193 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 6:47 PM
Today- my military sim was getting ready for work. I sent him downstairs to eat some leftover waffles that his pregnant wife had made. She was instructed to sit in a (different) chair and eat her watermelon breakfast (why yes, we like girls). Next thing you know, military guy is tossing his waffles in front of his wife, throwing a tantrum because she's in the way, and then walking off. Now, he has exactly 30 sim minutes to eat, so I directed him back to the table where I had moved his waffles to a different (available) spot. He decides to pick up his waffles, toss them in front of his wife AGAIN, and throw another tantrum. Never mind that there were FOUR other available spots at the table, not including the one I wanted him to take and the one his bewildered, watermelon-eating wife is sitting in. At this point the carpool had arrived, so I sent him to work without breakfast. I'm so mean.
Mad Poster
#194 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorelligirls
Today- my military sim was getting ready for work. I sent him downstairs to eat some leftover waffles that his pregnant wife had made. She was instructed to sit in a (different) chair and eat her watermelon breakfast (why yes, we like girls). Next thing you know, military guy is tossing his waffles in front of his wife, throwing a tantrum because she's in the way, and then walking off. Now, he has exactly 30 sim minutes to eat, so I directed him back to the table where I had moved his waffles to a different (available) spot. He decides to pick up his waffles, toss them in front of his wife AGAIN, and throw another tantrum. Never mind that there were FOUR other available spots at the table, not including the one I wanted him to take and the one his bewildered, watermelon-eating wife is sitting in. At this point the carpool had arrived, so I sent him to work without breakfast. I'm so mean.

This sounds kinky

(I really need to read posts more carefully *facedesks*)
#196 Old 17th Jul 2011 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sorelligirls

Divorcing Military Guy probably sounds like a great option to Military Wife .. let him go toss those waffles some other place ....
Instructor
#197 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 1:12 AM

Found this disaster outside my sims' house today.

Message to the paparazzi: Make sure your own house is in order before you try and judge the way my sims live their lives.

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Scholar
#198 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 2:25 AM
My teenage sim is late for school by 30 minutes and she's rushing off to school and the male adult (not her father, has never talked to her despite being in the same household) scolds her for 3 freaking hours before finally letting her go off to school! You can't click it out either, so I was FUMING by the time it ended. It has happened for 1-2 hours as well, with both this sim and other child/teen sims, and IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!
Instructor
#199 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 2:55 AM
Just now, the maid came in the house, did some stuff, then broke the dishwasher, which proceeded to flood the kitchen, and the maid decides this is the perfect time to say "I'm done for the day" and leave me with a flooded kitchen and a broken dishwasher. Really? You can't even mop up after yourself?!

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Site Helper
#200 Old 18th Jul 2011 at 4:16 PM Last edited by Ghost sdoj : 18th Jul 2011 at 5:12 PM.
You want to kiss your wife. You go on a romantic date in the park. Do you A. Kiss her, B. Have a conversation with her, or C. Send her over to read a book while you burn the park bench?

And it's even worse when he's alone. Never leave a pyromaniac, kleptomaniac sim unattended on someone else's lot after dark if nobody is paying attention to him!

Edit: If you have clogged your neighbor's toilet, is it -really- inappropriate to unclog it yourself instead of making them clean up your mess?

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Page 8 of 321