Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 8:18 PM
My merchant was the first to level 10. I did a few quests that involved her (mostly as a secondary...) so she had some money to play with. I bought the best items I could afford from the blacksmith and resold those. Do NOT put cheap items in your inventory and people won't buy them. I got her up to ten so easily and she's got about 12,000 simoles right now. She just opens shop, hustles anyone who walks up, then asks them to buy. I've never had anyone refuse to buy.
I sold a few Excalipaddles (one at a time) and worked up to Staff of the Watcher, knightly armour, the expensive swords, etc. And the maps from the village sell for quite a nice profit. Yes, foreign items sell for a bit more than domestic ones, but I find sailing to trade is annoying. Just resell the blacksmith's items. (I think mine is level five+. Maybe seven or so.)

I think Jacoban priest is my least favourite. That was the last building I put in and only because I needed one for certain quests. I am not at all religious and I find myself repulsed by the Jacobans. I don't go in for all the doom and gloom, fire and brimstone, scare your people to heaven kind of stuff. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but I'm appalled that this is such a big part of the game. I much prefer the Peteran laid-back attitude.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 3:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inhuman One
Well I like the idea of a knight class and suspected it would be my favorite class, but EA really neglected this class to the extreme.

You don't get to be a knight, you seem to just be one of the guards. They might as well have called it the guard proffesion.

Well you're the captain of the guards. And you do have a squire.
Eminence Grise
#28 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:13 AM
Merchant is pretty much Open For Business (TS2 EP) remade I kind of like it as a change of pace.

Bard is fun... I like gathering inspiration for my plays and songs. That was a clever implementation, IMO. I like blacksmith too. But I've had different favorites each play through... how much I enjoy a hero relates to their traits and what I've done with their living quarters and what quests I've had em on, as well as their responsibilities.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 9:57 AM
That squire is little more than yet another random NPC without any duties. If you ask me, the knight should be a better swordfighter than the monarch and the thief considering that those two have other skills to focus on as well while the knight has nothing but the sword fighting to focus on.
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 11:37 AM
Bard so far has been my favorite. I really like the whole thing with putting together plays hiring actors and so on. Although it's been difficult making any real money with it. After placing those nice big stage-like curtains it really looks like a renaissance stage.

I've had two knights thus far and they are my second favorite, mostly because how easy it is for me to play them.

Least favorite has been the spy tied with the apothecary. The spy always gets dailies that are impossible to accomplish, like breaking someone out of the stocks when no one is in the stocks at all (has happened twice). What's worse is that I gave her the dedicated trait which has her come up with another daily soon as a previous one is completed. I'll be scrapping her on my next kingdom.

The apothecary (physician) has also been difficult and just boring to me. A lot of it has to do with things like patients leaving right after they are diagnosed, never having enough herbs or time to collect them, or not enough focus to collect stuff succesfully. Twice she's negative focus locked herself. She's also not very functional. I rarely walk a sim all the way over to her clinic. It's too far, way too many pathing nightmares when you get there and odds are she has no herbs, healing kits, etc.

Perhaps once they add horses a lot of these proffesions may improve. The knight definately needs a warhorse and the ability to joust.
Forum Resident
#31 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 7:33 PM
Definatly, it was the main strenght of Knights after all. Sadly in pretty much all RPG's a horse is a more mystical and fabled creature than dragons, orcs, elves, pitmonsters, ogres and such.
Page 2 of 2