Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th May 2015 at 4:02 AM
Default Shoe Help...
I really hope I'm in the right place as this is my first time posting in the forums here but recently I've gotten into using bodyshop and I'm working on recoloring a skirt and that's all fine as it's pretty simple but I'm trying to add this shoe but it doesn't seem to work out no matter how I go about it. I tried looking for some tutorials but I haven't had any luck finding any just based on shoes. I'm hoping someone can help me out
[IMG][/IMG]
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th May 2015 at 11:11 AM
What have you tried so far, and what's been going wrong?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th May 2015 at 7:36 PM
I've tried cutting the image and a pasting it in but that didn't work. I also tried cutting it out so I had both right and left and joining them up but it still didn't work. Mainly I just can't seem to get it to line up correctly. I even tried pasting in the main base of a converse to try and get me started but that didn't work either.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th May 2015 at 10:21 PM
Having the UV map will help. Go here and see if the UV map you need is there. If you have the UV map, you can use it as a template to get the texture of the shoes in the right place.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th May 2015 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Having the UV map will help. Go here and see if the UV map you need is there. If you have the UV map, you can use it as a template to get the texture of the shoes in the right place.

What is an UV map and how does it work?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 5th May 2015 at 10:53 PM
The UV map tells the game where to put the texture on the mesh. It's not visible (unless you're working with the mesh itself). If you're just recolouring (as you're doing), the UV map is useful as a guide for placement. Have a look at a few UV maps in that thread I linked; you can get an idea of how the texture might be placed.

Shoes are sometimes mapped in different ways (like from the top down instead of from the front or sides), which could be why you're having trouble with your project.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 6th May 2015 at 2:14 AM
Sounds like cmbaker needs some recoloring 101 !

Whatever you do, do it ALL for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
My mission: To fill the gaps!
Join me on my new Discord channel!
Snag my creations from my LiveJournal!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 6th May 2015 at 2:32 AM
Maybe. Putting this in the right section might also help. This is a recolouring question... not meshing!