Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 8:27 PM
Default General Store, Food Register
You guys know about the General Store, Book, and Food registers introduced in WA. I wanted to make my own restaurant and place the Food Register in it but it only offers two dinners- cobbler pie and something else.
The food register in Egypt had about 10 items stocked in it!
Anyone know how to stock a food register with new recipes to have a nice little restaurant going?

Cheers ,
Brandon
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Jun 2010 at 8:39 PM
you cannot. food is relative to location.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jun 2010 at 9:33 PM
time for a mod then :P
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 7th Jun 2010 at 4:54 PM Last edited by babaji_mendez : 8th Jun 2010 at 9:28 PM.
It's also quite annoying that the registers don't auto-generate an npc, it's pretty strange finding the local millionaire randomly staffing a cash register.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 10:04 AM
Since when did we get to make our own businesses o.o

You love me, I love you to :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/hssdamian <3
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 6:02 PM
Since world adventures, you can (sort of) create shops and simple restaraunts with the cash registers, although as of yet it is very unrefined. Also The registers will pull a random member of your town ( regardless of whether they already have a job ) to staff the tills, which is very annoying.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 8th Jun 2010 at 6:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by babaji_mendez
Also The registers will pull a random member of your town ( regardless of whether they already have a job ) to staff the tills, which is very annoying.

I agree.

Prior to creating the Register mod, there was no way to keep the registers from doing stupid things, like immigrating new sims or dragooning your local unemployed.

It was indeed most annoying.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 1:52 PM
Sorry to resurrect this thread with a n00b question, but I've looked everywhere for an answer. I'm trying to create a convenience store lot, and I can't find the food register. I've used buydebug to no avail. Can someone please tell me where to find this object? Thanks so much!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 2:41 PM
I think you have to be in Edit Town, and then in Build/Buy mode, they're in Community Objects.
Retired
retired moderator
#10 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 2:50 PM
Is any of this data dependent on information in the world file? Could I potentially make a world that allows these registers to sell more things? I just noticed that they seem to function differently in different worlds.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#11 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
I think you have to be in Edit Town, and then in Build/Buy mode, they're in Community Objects.

Thanks SO much! I never would've thought of looking there. You saved my sanity!
Mad Poster
#12 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Is any of this data dependent on information in the world file? Could I potentially make a world that allows these registers to sell more things? I just noticed that they seem to function differently in different worlds.

Maybe this isn't what you mean, but I think you can shift ctrl click on things to make them buyable? Because I was trying to have one of my sims sell nectar and I had to do something like that to make the nectars available in the register. Never got very far with setting up stores yet, however.
Eminence Grise
#13 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 8:49 PM
The nectar register is a special case, since it's connected to nectar racks. The food sold by the food register doesn't exist in the world until you buy it.

I'd be surprised if food choices at registers weren't in an XML file.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
The nectar register is a special case, since it's connected to nectar racks. The food sold by the food register doesn't exist in the world until you buy it....

Thanks. Is that like how you can't cook on a community lot except the 2 base camps?
Eminence Grise
#15 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:23 PM
Heh... that's a different issue, I think. There is a mod for it now, though (thank you Buzzler): http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=418246
1978 gallons of pancake batter
#16 Old 6th Nov 2010 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
Is that like how you can't cook on a community lot except the 2 base camps?
A base camp isn't actually a community lot. It's your sims' home lot for the time of the vacation (and the other travellers belong to your household) and has an actual fridge inventory. That is what allows your sims to cook on a given lot. Community lots don't have a household belonging to them nor a fridge inventory, so your sims aren't allowed to cook there. That is without mods.

If gotcha is all you’ve got, then you’ve got nothing. - Paul Krugman
Mad Poster
#17 Old 7th Nov 2010 at 1:03 AM
Thanks guys. I must have missed that mod.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 11:51 PM
I'm a little late on this but for my food registers, they seem to have alot of weird food on sale at locations where there shouldn't be those recipes. For example, at Shang Simla, the food register had coconut drinks, empanadas, bagels, brownies, you name it! But NO Stir fry!!! I had a wish to eat some stir fry and they're not even selling it! Is there a mod to fix this issue? Because I have no idea where to find one
Inventor
#19 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 12:03 AM
You can always use the custom food register (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=543967) to set the menu of the lot. So that way you can ensure it'll sell exactly what's supposed to sell.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
You can always use the custom food register (http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=543967) to set the menu of the lot. So that way you can ensure it'll sell exactly what's supposed to sell.

Thanks