Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 6:24 AM
I will make changes accordingly and post them probably tomorrow. Thank you both for the advice

Quote: Originally posted by attuned
I love the edging that you are using along the front of the garden and the driveway. Where is it from?

That would be this fencing
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#27 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 5:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by themysteriouscorn
That would be this fencing

Thank you! BTW, something I should have already asked you, are you building this lot just for you, or with the intention to upload it?

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 9:41 PM

I changed the flowerbed a little and I put beanbags in the master bedroom

Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Thank you! BTW, something I should have already asked you, are you building this lot just for you, or with the intention to upload it?

I haven't thought about that. I would be willing to upload it, but I don't know if I'd be able to. I've tried uploading a few things on TSR but I was denied every time, and I didn't know how to fix the issues. Also, the house has a ton of CC from all over so I'm not sure how I'd go about including that either. How exactly would I go about uploading? I don't really know the terms and rules of uploads on MTS either...
dodgy builder
#29 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 10:28 PM
You have to get a grip on cc, otherwise it's just going to cause lots of extra work, heartache and sorrow. The best thing would be to make a list of sort and keep it updated ready with links. Remember what the creator says about using it in a house you upload. They sometimes say you can't upload to paysites - TSR, or perhaps even at all. Discovering that when the house is finished can be a real heartache too.

Both here and on tsr you can upload a link you can easily replace later. It depends on how long time you use on a house though. I don't do that because a house can take a month or two, and perhaps I won't even finish. I use excel these days, but with package files you will always know what your house contains at the most. It pays to be organized.
Top Secret Researcher
#30 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 7:41 AM
I really like the beanbag seating arrangement. You definitely have a flair for design.

For the landscaping in the front, maybe try a group of three plants alternating with a group of one or two.

I think your house is definitely good enough for upload on MTS. The cc could be a problem. Every piece must be linked to, unless the creator allows for it to be included. Even then it must be credited to the original creator. Anything that you can't provide creator info on would need to be replaced. You have already done the lion's share of work, building, landscaping and design. Finding replacements from the game might seem daunting, but if you take it piece by piece (move design from cc sofa to game sofa- for example) you can do it. Of course it would change your vision for this house. You will have to decide if it's worth it. Either way, it is a GREAT house!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 7:44 PM
Thank you!

Ok, so I have a question. If I found all the links to the custom content I used, and I was able to upload the house, would the custom content download with the house or would any downloaded have to download each piece of furniture from each link separately? I'm totally clueless with how uploading works and if the cc wouldn't be included than it might be too tedious for anyone who might download anyways.
dodgy builder
#32 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 9:09 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 6th Feb 2017 at 9:22 PM.
If the upload wizard found lots of content in your house, it will be sims3pack files you used. Those should follow, but like with anything from EA, it can be really buggy. It's up to you to make sure all content is listed, if it's buggy the downloader can find it themself from the list.

If the upload wizard didn't find anything, it's probably because you use package files. They will never follow ... ever. If you used package files for sims3, you will know, because you have to set it up yourself.

If the downloader has to get the content themselves depends on the above. Package files? yes they do. Sims3pack files? ... probably not, shouldn't need to, but you never know.

If you uploaded on TSR, they detect their own stuff and have rules that you cannot have more than 8 items from other sites. They have to check every content you use, so it might take time and it might be rejected if it's too much from elsewhere. Uploading on TSR and mts can be a steap learningcurve, but it's ok if you're up for it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#33 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 9:25 PM
Just make sure you link to each piece of cc and that the creator says it's okay to upload in houses. If they say nothing-no TOU that is also fine. Please try and not over use cc, we have to check each and every link.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 7th Feb 2017 at 2:26 AM
Ah.. I used quite a few package files and I can't find the source of at least half of the custom content, so I probably won't be uploading this lot. I'll pay more attention to my downloads next time if I plan to upload so they're ready and it doesn't become an endless search. Thank you for all your help!

Page 2 of 2