Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 7:56 PM Last edited by Velouriah : 26th Jan 2017 at 2:19 PM.
Default Huge Sims 4 Grey Havens lot. Please test?! *DONE*!
Hi there! I've had this large fantasy lot lying around for a few months. I'm not sure if it is good enough to upload- and my last upload didn't exactly set the world on fire...
The main thing that worries me about this lot is the large size and the large amount of detail. It runs fine on my modest computer, but I think it should be tested.

This lot uses basegame, Get Together and Romantic Garden Stuff. It costs 517.512 Simoleons and it's designated as a night club.

Can somebody please give my any kind of feedback on this? Thank you all very much!

Also, I have quite a bit of experience in building in Sims 4, so if I can help out someone else with it it would be great! Let me know if there is interest in that.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  GreyHavens.rar (392.5 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 9:10 PM
Set the world on fire? I don't know, but it isn't that easy getting downloads in this game. It might improve when people have toddlers as they asked for, but frankly "setting the world on fire" is a bit much to ask for. It looks to me like you have a style of your own, and that is the most important. The house file is still only kb big, so it can't be that hard? My comp take a dive when I have like 500 files of CC or something and you don't have any. I guess you have tested if the Sims stumble anywhere? In that case I don't see the need for testing it. You might want to adjust it a bit for toddlers though, if you haven't already.

It's also been said that community lots generally gets less downloads than residential.

I think it looks fine, I don't think there is a lot to improve on. TS4 has a lot of these adventure/fairytale/SchFi lots though, so there might just be a ton of competition out there.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 10:41 PM
They are a bit laggy, but then they are laggy everywhere because of the huge amount of CC I use in my game. Thank you for your opinion!
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 7:30 AM
It looks lovely and magical! Since I am a brand new TS4 owner, I will be happy to test it.

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 3:09 PM
Oh there is another annoying problem I have with this one. When I look it up in the gallery, it is listed as Get Together and Romantic Garden Stuff. But there is not a single item listed that comes from Romantic Garden Stuff. I have looked long and hard, and I'm pretty sure there is nothing from that pack in it, but it is still listed. I've even tried deleting the build room by room- I've been deleting and saving for hours, but I still haven't been able to determine what causes Romantic Garden Stuff to be listed.

It's very frustrating because it limits the number of people who will be able to use this lot. Is there a different way?
Scholar
#6 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Velouriah
Oh there is another annoying problem I have with this one. When I look it up in the gallery, it is listed as Get Together and Romantic Garden Stuff. But there is not a single item listed that comes from Romantic Garden Stuff. I have looked long and hard, and I'm pretty sure there is nothing from that pack in it, but it is still listed. I've even tried deleting the build room by room- I've been deleting and saving for hours, but I still haven't been able to determine what causes Romantic Garden Stuff to be listed.

It's very frustrating because it limits the number of people who will be able to use this lot. Is there a different way?

Very interesting lot - quite fantastical! I don't know that much about Sims 4 but I wonder if the stuff pack is being listed because you own it, not because you used items from it. Is there a way specifically mark which expansions / stuff packs were used? Or, can you put it in the description?
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 6:53 AM
I have heard of this problem, and people's frustration with it, and I don't know of a work around. In TS3 if you uploaded a lot to the exchange and used a piece from an EP or SP and later deleted it, the lot would sometimes show this EP or SP as being required. Perhaps that's what happened? You might want to post this on the MTS sims 4 general discussion thread where more people will see is and perhaps have a solution for you.

New at Simszoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 7:06 AM
Most lots don't set the world on fire, but if you upload something that is different and needed and well built you should get plenty of downloads.

My opinion as a new queue mod. it's an interesting looking lot so in that regard I think it will be fine
If your lot is full of cc you need to link to every piece and it needs to be free to re-upload. Meaning you need to check the creators TOU. If you are using cc please make sure your lot actually needs it, if a game item will do, use it instead. There is nothing we dislike more than opening a lot to see a HUGE list of cc. We have to check each and every link and that takes time so anything you can do to reduce your cc usage is much appreciated. My new slogan: "make a queue mod smile not cry"

You will need closer floor plan pictures. See how you have all that water and grass? One shot of that is enough, what we really need to see is the floor plan. Lots of large close (but not too close) pictures make us happy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 8:23 AM
Found it! Gosh, that took hours of demolishing the build in sections...It was one "Incomplete Ionic" column that had ended up in a place where it couldn't be seen. So now, it only needs Get Together. I think I will upload it for everyone to enjoy!
Instructor
#10 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
My new slogan: "make a queue mod smile not cry"

Noted

Just call me William, definitely not Who-Ward
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
"make a queue mod smile not cry"

You will need closer floor plan pictures. See how you have all that water and grass? One shot of that is enough, what we really need to see is the floor plan. Lots of large close (but not too close) pictures make us happy.

There is no CC in this lot at all, fortunately. And I have made something like 30 pictures, but I've only uploaded a few here. I still think I need to go back to it and see if I can improve the images, though! I try to get it right the first time, so the mods will have an easy time with it.
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 2:39 AM
Hi Velouriah
I keep forgetting to post this. I downloaded your lot. I unzipped the file and copied all of them into my tray folder in TS4. I started my game and when I went to the library, the lot was listed, but the thumbnail picture didn't show. Instead there was a red X through the thumbnail and when I clicked on it, it said "file not found". I exited and reloaded the game with the same result. I am a new TS4 user, so perhaps I missed a step? It looks very nice and I wanted to help test it for you.

If you need help or want feedback on your screenshots, just ask.

New at Simszoo
dodgy builder
#13 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 9:31 AM
Make sure you get all the files in your tray. You can sort the tray folder by date.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 2:50 AM
Update: Grey Havens is published and it's a "Picked Upload": http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=588834
Congratulations, Velouriah!

New at Simszoo
Scholar
#15 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 3:13 AM
Congratulations! Great job!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 6:43 AM
Thank you all for your help people! I'll hang around a bit and see if I can help someone else!
dodgy builder
#17 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 10:15 AM
Grattis Good job getting a picket
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 7:00 AM
@Velouriah Please edit your title so the first word is "DONE". We are trying to keep threads for reference, but also identify and sort threads that are not needed by the OP any longer. Thanks!

BTW- you are our first accepted lot!!!

New at Simszoo
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 26th Jan 2017 at 7:41 AM
Congratulations Velouriah.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~