Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 11:49 PM
I'm on my way down to EB Games
I just rang them and they got Free Time this morning. Will be back shortly!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 11:52 PM
Take pics and psot them and ask the genie for the spirit peace wish to tell us about it.

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 12:09 AM
Yes! Take screenshots and read the little pamhplet thingie, please! I want to know if this is the last EP or not! That's all I'm really asking for now.

#4 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 12:34 AM
Fway they probably have an advert for the kitchen and bath sp. We'll probably have to wait for that to find out.

Hurry back frootloop. :D
Inventor
#5 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 12:43 AM
Yayness! I want to know everything! Hobbies, Clothes,Hairstyles,New Neighborhood,new Families,etc! :jig:
Theorist
#6 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 12:45 AM
Wow, Australia has it already? That's great, let us know how you like this EP. I wonder how close this one will get to topping Seasons?
#7 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 12:55 AM
Here's a Wikipedia article on FreeTime: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sims_2_Free_Time

Release dates:
Europe: Feb 22
North America: Feb 26
Australia: Feb 28 (hm, your store must have got it early)
UK: Feb 29

Yeah, 2 more days for me! I cannot WAIT.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 1:00 AM
I've got it in my hot little hands right now. I have to wait for my back up to finish (because I forgot to start it before I went down to the store) so if anyone wants to know anything out of the booklet, now is the time to ask.

The pamphlet that came with it has a side showing every EP and SP and the other side only has the Kitchen and Bath SP and Castaway for the consoles
Theorist
#9 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 1:36 AM
Aw bummer, I thought a Sims 3 teaser had a slight chance of being in the pamphlet. Make sure you tell us if you run into any bugs too!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 1:42 AM
Does the instruction manual say anything youd like to share?

The humor of a story on the internet is in direct inverse proportion to how accurate the reporting is.
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 1:47 AM
Oh and when you get the game up and running... can you use boolProp just to see if there are any ways to see if there are any hidden NPCs (remember with BV in boolProp someone posted a picture of an NPC that looks like a magician?) That will hint to us that there is another EP coming! Oh and can you also check to see if the water thing on the fridges work?

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 2:59 AM
Theres rumored to be Sims3 previews somewhere within the game. (buyable computer game or something), or even explore the disc(s) for a preview.

Funny enough i'm more interested in The Sims3 previews than the new EP itself.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:36 AM
You got a lot of pressure riding on you now, FrootLoop. xD I'm so envious! I won't be able to play it right away even when I get it in two days...stupid SATS. D;
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:39 AM
Default Possible Spoilers!!!
Quote: Originally posted by fway
Oh and when you get the game up and running... can you use boolProp just to see if there are any ways to see if there are any hidden NPCs (remember with BV in boolProp someone posted a picture of an NPC that looks like a magician?) That will hint to us that there is another EP coming! Oh and can you also check to see if the water thing on the fridges work?

You might have to get me detailed instructions on what you actually want me to do, I don't use cheats that often and didn't see the magician pic when BV came out so I'm not sure what you mean. Also, what's the water thing with the fridges?

Got the game up and running so will be able to switch back and forth and let you know what I can find.

Spoilers...

The Sims 3 preview is on a computer that someone delivers giftwrapped at your front door. I'm pretty sure I've seen this preview on the net somewhere though, probably YouTube. I will explore the disc later and see if I can find anything Conrad.

I have to admit I've not had time to keep up to date on the forums here so I'm not sure what you will already know but the new careers are entertainer, dancer, architect, intelligence (heh heh"...maybe they will become head of the SCIA. Not that we could tell you if they did."), oceanographer.

You can get magazine subscriptions to the activities they've built up enthusiasm for. Any sim in the household can read it but it can only be read a certain number of times.

Parents can study parenting from the bookcase.

When a sim's age transitions they can take 3 NPC's with them.

FurryPanda, I got the grandfather in the Aspir family to rub the lamp and he asked for the Peace of Mind wish. I'm not sure if that's what you meant but I couldn't see anything actually change...sorry. I've attached the pics of the genie
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:41 AM
Now, all we need is for someone to unlock the genie outfit/skintone! I wanna make some cool in-game genies. Or maybe if the genie's ugly, some default replacements! EEK! I'm envious!

As for the instructions. I Just remember seeing it around. It's not important though. So it's nothing to worry about.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:46 AM
As to the hair and clothes...not really any hairstyles, more just hats like construction hard hats, top hats, clown hats, a captains cap and a turban for the guys.

No new jewellery.
Quite a few boho outfits, flamenco outfits for men and women, soccer kits of course, some really nice gym clothes, a wetsuit in swimwear.

There's some cute toddler outfits too.

There are some new appliances (coffee makers, microwaves, dishwashers) and phones in some pretty funky colours.

If anyone wants screenshots of anything specific, let me know.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:47 AM
Does the Water thing on the fridge work? Like Clicking on it or do you just get the fridge menu?

#18 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:49 AM
Awesome a Genie <3
I am looking forward to this, the parenting book got me all excited!

Valerie
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fway
Does the Water thing on the fridge work? Like Clicking on it or do you just get the fridge menu?

I see what you mean Fway. No the fridge menu is still the same. The water dispenser is just for looks...unless there's a bug
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 3:59 AM
I hope its a -bug- But I don't understand why it wouldn't work. GAH. Well it makes a nice decoration on the fridge though.

Theorist
#21 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:00 AM
I figured it was decoration anyway, I wasn't going to get my hopes up...parenting books? What does that do for the game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
I figured it was decoration anyway, I wasn't going to get my hopes up...parenting books? What does that do for the game?

Once the adult has mastered the art of parenting they have the option of checking on the baby at which point a thought bubble appears above the babies' head indicating their lowest motive.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:36 AM
The career reward for the architect is a drafting table and you can draft your own pictures. It is preloaded with some thumbnails but I'm pretty sure you'd be able to add your own pics to it.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:38 AM
I am flipping out right now. The architect table is so COOL. 8D And I love, love the idea of parenting books -- plus the "check on baby" option is awesome, since I hate having to guess what the baby's motives are. Are there any new weights or anything for the fitness hobby, asides from the exercycle? =D
#25 Old 25th Feb 2008 at 4:38 AM
The parenting thing sounds so cute
I'm glad to hear there are some things in Free Time that we don't already know everything about.
Page 1 of 18