Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#201 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 1:09 AM
I think your pictures are fine now... The props themselves aren't as big as Phil is on the stage so I think you're fine keeping the entire stage in view since that's what TRIriana wants for this round. I think one thing that might help though is centering the shots on the stage. So, instead of taking the shot from an angle, maybe you can take it straight on and still get the stage and lights in the picture.
Advertisement
Scholar
#202 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SolidGoldFunk84
I think your pictures are fine now... The props themselves aren't as big as Phil is on the stage so I think you're fine keeping the entire stage in view since that's what TRIriana wants for this round. I think one thing that might help though is centering the shots on the stage. So, instead of taking the shot from an angle, maybe you can take it straight on and still get the stage and lights in the picture.

Ok, thanks. That'll help. And now I won't be pestering you people for awhile since my pc throws things at me if I have all this stuff running the same time as my game.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
#203 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 3:10 AM
Thank you very much for your lovely comments judges! It's very much appreciated! I know I can do much better. I honestly haven't been sleeping well for a few weeks! No excuse I know lol I will try and step up my game next round, if I make it. Also, all my pictures are in game shots. I sometimes use PSP tubes to make it more interesting, and thats it. I have been struggling with the rounds lately, which is so not me!
Instructor
#204 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 5:25 AM
I am really grateful for the extension and the wonderful comments! I haven't had time all week to work on this round - but I did manage to get some props and costumes downloaded. Newspapers do so much business right before Black Friday - its hard to keep up with all the ads and only work 8 hour days. So the last few days I have been doing 10's - I got off early tonight as we finished by 10pm this evening. I don't work Friday so I should have all night tonight and all day tomorrow to get my entry done.
Lab Assistant
#205 Old 20th Nov 2009 at 10:18 PM
Ok I see I totally misunderstood the round with the police officer and the hybrid and such. Thanks for the explanation.

And am glad for the extra day of time since I still have no idea what I can do with Shakes...ohje

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Lab Assistant
#206 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 1:13 AM
I am done. I would have liked to spend more time on them, but have to work and my brother is coming over for the weekend I'm not happy with two of my pictures. I actually was going to do Star Wars, but didn't have the time. Well anyway, good luck to everyone!
Instructor
#207 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 5:39 PM
Ok all, it looks as though I am going to need another extension, a day at the least, maybe two, or I will have to drop out. Can we get another day if at all possible?
Lab Assistant
#208 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 5:44 PM
I can not make it this weekend either, have a last minute assignment for school that I have to hand in next week. A push up for my average and believe me I need that. Sorry. I think I have to stop this contest.

Contest results so far:
Scholar
Original Poster
#209 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 5:45 PM
I can give another day extension, but I will still post the next round in a couple of hours so as not to delay that.
Instructor
#210 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 5:51 PM
Thank you TRIriana...I hate dropping out....I don't want to do that if I can keep from it.
Field Researcher
#211 Old 21st Nov 2009 at 10:23 PM
Thank you soooo much, TRIriana! I started a new job this week and have been dead on my feet when I get home - luckily tomorrow is my day off so I'll be able to get my entry in!

Simberry Fields
A "For Sims, By Sims" City
Instructor
#212 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 7:24 AM Last edited by wndy26 : 22nd Nov 2009 at 9:03 PM.
Default Bailey Loftner - Round 3
Round 3 - Moving into Theatre

Shakespeare, Anyone? - The Tempest
For round 3 I was cast the lead roll of Ferdinand in the Shakespeare play, The Tempest. This was my golden opportunity to shine and I worked really hard to remember my lines and practice my acting abilities. Both Danielle and I performed in this play, she played Miranda while I played Ferdinand. I had no idea she was such an exquisite actress as well as a photographer. Below are a couple of photos that were taken of us on opening night as well as the lines that were spoken. I hope you enjoy viewing these photos from my scrapbook as much as I enjoyed being in them.

Act I Scene II: Miranda sees Ferdinand for the first time.

PROSPERO: The fringed curtains of thine eye advance and say what thou seest yond.

MIRANDA: What is't? a spirit? Lord, how it looks about! Believe me, sir, it carries a brave form. But 'tis a spirit.

PROSPERO: No, wench; it eats and sleeps and hath such senses as we have, such. This gallant which thou seest was in the wreck; and, but he's something stain'd with grief that's beauty's canker, thou mightst call him a goodly person: he hath lost his fellows and strays about to find 'em.

MIRANDA: I might call him, a thing divine, for nothing natural I ever saw so noble.

Act III Scene I - Ferdinand and Miranda speak of love with Prospero looking on, unseen.

FERDINAND: I am in my condition a prince, Miranda; I do think, a king; I would, not so!--and would no more endure this wooden slavery than to suffer the flesh-fly blow my mouth. Hear my soul speak: The very instant that I saw you, did my heart fly to your service; there resides, to make me slave to it; and for your sake am I this patient log--man.

MIRANDA: Do you love me?

FERDINAND: O heaven, O earth, bear witness to this sound and crown what I profess with kind event if I speak true! if hollowly, invert What best is boded me to mischief! I beyond all limit of what else i' the world do love, prize, honour you.

MIRANDA: I am a fool to weep at what I am glad of.

PROSPERO: Fair encounter of two most rare affections! Heavens rain grace on that which breeds between 'em!

So, I suppose your wondering why I chose to try out for The Tempest? Well, actually, I felt it was one of the least performed of Shakespeare's plays. I have seen countless re-enactments of Mid Summer's Night Dream and Romeo and Juliet. Of all of Shakespeare's plays, I knew the least about The Tempest. I really enjoy learning all I can about the great theatre masters, such as Shakespeare, so when the opportunity came about, I just jumped at the chance. I am most excited that Danielle is as interested in theatre as I am. It was a wonderful experience and I am ecstatic that I got to experience it with her. - FYI, at the cast party just after our successful opening night, I proposed to Danielle. I can't imagine spending the rest of my life without her - oh...and you must know, she happily accepted!

Lights! Camera! Action! - Swarm
My success on stage led to another roll, but this time it was on the big screen. I played lead detective, Barney Kline, in The Swarm. The movie is about the small town of Oak Cove being terrorized by a swarm of killer bees. Yeah, I know...Killer Bees! This movie is more of an intense action/drama than a horror flick and I really enjoyed filming...even if the director was a bit of a pushy jerk.

In this scene, Officer Barney Kline (played by Bailey Loftner) and his partner, Officer Joe Dawson, follow up on a report of a swarm of bees blocking the exits of the local diner - trapping employees and customers inside. Officer Joe checked out the cafe grounds to see if he could locate the bees, which seemed to be gone, while Officer Barney questioned the owner. He was a bit skeptical at first, as that is his true nature, but this guy was prepared with video surveillance footage of the swarm. When Barney radioed back to headquarters he wasn't surprised to hear that they were getting dozens and dozens of calls, all about the bees from all over town.

Barney and Joe, his partner, check out a report of a death at the local park. They found the librarian with whelps all over her body. She leads them to her husband, who she met in the park for lunch. The swarm showed up and attacked them both. Lucky for her, her husband shielded her body with his, taking most of the stings. Unfortunately he wasn't so lucky, the stings were fatal for him. Just like all the times before, there was no sign of the bees, only the destruction left behind.

The one thing I didn't enjoy about this acting roll was that I had to gain some extra weight, Barney Kline was supposed to be pudgy. I wasn't too thrilled with that idea, but you do what it takes to become your character or you may not get the next roll. I am really glad the movie is over now...so I can get back on my exercise routine once again. Danielle was very supportive during the shooting of the movie. I just hope I can lose the weight now that the movie is over. It sure is amazing what length actors and actresses will do for their jobs.
Scholar
Original Poster
#213 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 8:49 AM Last edited by TRIriana : 23rd Nov 2009 at 8:12 AM.
Round Four
Such a Hectic Year!

It's now been a whole year since you initially started out with out ever-expanding agency, and you're just about to get the thing that you've been gleefully hoping for, for the last two months:

Getting Your Own Show

This is the list of television show genres to choose from. It's first come first serve, so no two people may have the same genre:

Soap Opera: Wndy26
Crime
Supernatural Style (Creature-feature such as Supernatural/Buffy-esque): Deatherella
Action
Lifestyle: Home Wgroome
Lifestyle: Cooking Aba23
Lifestyle: Holiday
Spy
Comedy
Romance
School Drama
Disney: Michele D
Fantasy
Science-Fiction
Historical

YOU are the focal point of the television show, and the cast can be ensemble or ever-changing from episode to episode. Apart from the set genre you choose, everything else is in your hands. It must not be a television show that is past or current, but something brand new.

Photographs

(a) One cast promo shot, with the name of your television show displayed somewhere.
(b) Two shot from actual scenes in your show
(c) One interview shot, with your star being interviewed about the television show.

Back to Modelling

This one is just as simple as it sounds! You've been given the opportunity of going "back to your roots" while your telelvision show is on hiatus - pesky union talks getting in the way of fame! But instead you have a special guest spot on fashion week. It's runway time!

Photographs

(a) One shot of your model on the runway - simple!

Writing
Give an overview of what your television show is about, what you think of the cast and how the audience has taken to it.

For the interview, write up a few questions and have your Star answer them, to accompany the interview picture.

And lastly, tell us what you thought of the runway - and if you will model more in the future, or stick to acting from now on.
Lab Assistant
#214 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 10:43 AM
Round four is so cool - thats really something for me. I would so love to stay in this contest. Ahh - but I am not sure if I can make it...damn.

Contest results so far:
Scholar
#215 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 10:48 AM
I would like to be first to claim Supernatural Style, please.

And a question, since the first post says this round was supposed to start two days ago, can we have until the 28th instead of the 26th to finish?

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Instructor
#216 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 12:52 PM
I want Soap Opera!
Field Researcher
#217 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 1:30 PM Last edited by wgroome : 22nd Nov 2009 at 2:12 PM.
I'll take Lifestyle, I think I've got a great idea for that!

PS. Trianna, whilst I am happy with my choice, it might be fairer on the people who get here later if you give, say, 10 choices. That way the person who is last here still gets a choice! Otherwise, they are just stuck with the last one, and it might be because of time zones or real life events that they are here last. Do you get me?

Like this post? You'll love my Tumblr! 😉
Lab Assistant
#218 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 2:25 PM Last edited by aba23 : 22nd Nov 2009 at 2:36 PM.
Default Round three
I disregarded all schoolwok and made it. Hope I can still post it? Then for the judges...I have three movie pictures - however the first one at the gallery is just for the story...

Shakespeare anyone - The Tempest

A drama, I would never have guessed to be in a Drama one day, and certainly not in a Shakespeare one. I who am the most uneducated person when it comes to Shakespeare got the chance to play in one. The only story I understood a bit was ‘The Tempest’ so I decided for this role.

Actually a very nice story a bit like Robinson Crusoe and Blue Lagoon I felt. However the text was damn difficult – who is talking like that??

Well in the first scene my Character is hearing music. It’s the singing of the spirit Ariel. I had to pretend that I could not see her behind all the plants but I had to play that I was wondering where the music was coming from.

In the second scene I had to meet Miranda and talk to her while her father Propero’s was watching us, but unseen by me.

Lights! Camera! Action!

I feel that my career has really taken off as I received an offer for a leading role in a movie. It was a classical story however I loved to play it. Really I did. I play Tom Rutherford he is a wacky artist, but how wacky he is revealed later. Its a thriller, a shoker movie, nothing for weak nerves...

The story:
Tom Rotherford has an exhibition at the local art gallery. He is labeled as a wacky artist, but to the female population he is the man who has to be saved, fragile and vulnerable. At this exhibition Tom locates Alexa Beagle. They seem to like each other.

Tom invites Alexa to his home. They talk and Tom does everything to keep the picture of the lonely, misunderstood artist alive. Alexa is falling in love with him and trusts him without any doubt. Tom describes his dreams and wishes for the future and Alexa is head over heels for him.

At the end we see how wacky Tom really is. He traps Alexa in a house and watches her from outside – burning…..
(Hope you can see that in the window behind her you see his face and he is smiling)

Contest results so far:
Lab Assistant
#219 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 2:31 PM
Awww, I'm too late! Two of what I wanted is already taken lol I guess I will have to try Spy Yes, I agree, I wish there were more choices also. But thats ok to. I'll see what I can do. How many pictures are required for this whole round? 5?
Lab Assistant
#220 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 2:39 PM
Can I get the cooking show? Its just like it is made for me...

Contest results so far:
Lab Assistant
#221 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 10:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aba23
Can I get the cooking show? Its just like it is made for me...

I think that would be Lifestyle, and some one has already taken that one. Wait for TRIriana to verify that.
Scholar
Original Poster
#222 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 11:12 PM
If Wgroome was going to do a Lifestlye programme that isn't cooking then I wioll split up the Lifetime genre so that they are more separate (Lifestlye: Holiday shows, Lifestyle: Cooking shows, for example.)

I will add more genres also, for a little more variety.
Field Researcher
#223 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 11:20 PM
I won't be doing a cookery show, I am planning a Lifestlye: Home show Back in my App, Demetrios was an architect, so I thought this would be perfect, and I'm really into property shows myself! I know aba23's guy was into food, so a cookery show does sound perfect!

Scholar
Original Poster
#224 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 11:29 PM
Awesome! I will add different categories of Lifestyle show then. I like the sound of your idea, Wgroome!
Field Researcher
#225 Old 22nd Nov 2009 at 11:35 PM
TRIriana, can you please outline the exact critera we'll be marked for in Round 4 (in both parts)? I think (and hope) I could do really well in this round if I know exactly what I'm being marked on!

Page 9 of 11