Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Move Over Dahlen

by leefish Posted 11th Dec 2011 at 2:44 PM - Updated 10th Nov 2013 at 3:03 AM by leefish : add collection file info

150 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 54 Feedback Posts, 95 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 7
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 3:10 PM
Wow! This looks so awesome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 3:24 PM
OMG! just after i made a library you create this! now i can go back and fix it, it'll look BEAST! THANKS!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 3:34 PM
This looks waaaay cool! Thanks for sharing!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#5 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 3:45 PM
Wow! Brilliant! Awe-inspiring! Superb! Superlicious! Thanks a lot, will help with my lot building
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 3:45 PM
Very neat, although I'm not getting the reference to Doris Day. I'm imagining that it would be possible with these to build some cool shelves around beds and platform beds - college style. Love your ideas.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 3:46 PM
Geez, leesester, I think you've been reading my mind. I've been working a project over at Plumbbob Keep making recolors for the books of Maxis bookcases- and as I complained to people over there I love the Dahlen bookcase but it lacked the second subset so that book recolors would show. I was able to get a fix for that, and have workign recolors now for both that bookcase (and all the books it links to), plus the lovely deco books you did earlier for the other bookcase. But now! Now my libraries and book stores will be truly impressive.

Again, thank you!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#8 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 3:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
Very neat, although I'm not getting the reference to Doris Day. I'm imagining that it would be possible with these to build some cool shelves around beds and platform beds - college style. Love your ideas.

Well I'm old, so when I think of the song Move Over Darling I think of Doris Day. And Darling sort of sounds like Dahlen...and yea. Um.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxAjIqKbeDg

Yes, the mini pieces will work well in a college set up I think. They are shiftable with AL, but they are wall pieces. I might make a coffee table that goes with the bookcases.

Quote: Originally posted by heget
I was able to get a fix for that, and have working recolors now for both that bookcase (and all the books it links to), plus the lovely deco books you did earlier for the other bookcase.

Recolors huh? I will have to toddle on over to the Keep and have a look

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#9 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 4:34 PM
This is the most awesomest thing I've seen in a long time. My life is now complete and I can die happy. *nods*
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 4:43 PM
*head explodes calculating all the new possibilities*
*headless body drops to floor*
*head pieces form "Thank you!" on the ceiling*

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 5:01 PM
I really like the collection vs catalog idea. I hate having to rifle through several hundred items looking for one small tea cup or a rubber ducky to place on a shelf. this is great.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 5:03 PM
WOW! so great!
Exactly what I needed!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 5:40 PM
Anyone who thinks TS2 is a *dead* game needs to be smacked soundly across the face & sent to bed without any dessert.

I'm glad that other people are enjoying TS3 (no matter how much that concept still baffles me) but I am truly ecstatic that there are still so many amazing modders, lot builders & object creators out there making TS2 even more incredibly awesome than it already is!

Weeee! More goodies for me!

(That crying sound you here is my Downloads folder. Just ignore it. I always do!)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#14 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 5:48 PM
This is a quality download. A lot of things I go "oh, this looks cool, I'll download it" and then never touch it. This isn't one of those things.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 5:49 PM
Oh my giddy great aunt, so many books. Books everywhere. This bookworm has just gone into meltdown. I love this so much :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 7:02 PM
This will be a really great addition to my game. I love shelves for decorating, but I like to have a purpose for most of the stuff that fills my Sims' houses instead of a bunch of useless clutter. The decoratable (is that a word? lol) bookshelves is a great idea.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 7:04 PM
These are incredibly useful. Thanks so much for making them!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 8:22 PM
Brilliant, thank you! =)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 9:42 PM
This is awesome!!! I love this bookcase! Thank you!

I think I have more collection files than itens in the catalog! Who remembers of getting rid of them when pouring the downloads folder? LOL
I'm going for the catalog version... Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 10:26 PM
Oh my giddy god, this is awesome. Thanks!
Test Subject
#21 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 1:50 AM
ICad wood colors for these already exist at http://fifthformatstchristophers.blogspot.com/ (you will have to scroll down to the post dated August 17).I haven't actually tried these recolors in my game yet but I guess one can't go too wrong with them.Thank you very much for this awesome set!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 2:26 AM
This is beautiful and fantastic. Great job!!!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by flake4
ICad wood colors for these already exist at http://fifthformatstchristophers.blogspot.com/ (you will have to scroll down to the post dated August 17).I haven't actually tried these recolors in my game yet but I guess one can't go too wrong with them.Thank you very much for this awesome set!

Thank you very much for the link to the recolours

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
#24 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 3:12 AM
Well, I have some small bugs about the small shelves. They cannot be pulled out of the catalog even though I've tried each catalog and collection version for BG and FT. Does anyone have the same problem? I am eager to use it and this problem is so frustrating.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#25 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 3:25 AM Last edited by leesester : 12th Dec 2011 at 3:56 AM.
Ok, I will take a look - is it BOTH the small shelves? That is the corner and the straight bit or just the straight bit?

EDIT: Ok, I downloaded the three files from the BG set - the two small shelves placed fine for me - but they are WALL SHELVES - they have to be against a wall. If you want to place them in the middle of the room they won't place. You could get round that with using move objects on but they are intersectable by sims.

If that helps please reply - and if it DOESN'T help - PLEASE PLEASE reply.
Page 1 of 7