Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 2:43 AM
Default Community Lot Inventory Mod w/ Visit Other Sims
Hello! I was wondering if there is a mod that enables sims' inventory use on community lots. I've seen a few around but they don't seem to work. I've used HCDU and it detects a conflict with Chris Hatch's Visit Other Sims mod. It might just be my game, but if something like this exists, it would be very much appreciated

Thanks!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 2:52 AM
Do you have the BV version? http://modthesims.info/d/132485 You need to go into the comments, it's updated in there. I don't use VOS so I don't know if it works with that.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Do you have the BV version? http://modthesims.info/d/132485 You need to go into the comments, it's updated in there. I don't use VOS so I don't know if it works with that.

I've tried that version, but it also didn't work
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 3:03 AM
Does it work with VOS removed? Have you tried changing the load order?

You could always ask Jessa of the Jessa Channel since I know she uses VOS and I assume she has a build and buy enabler. You could also put a short cut cheat into your cheat file. I have mine set as dorm on, except now I have the mod I don't need to use it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 3:04 AM
How do I change load order ? I've never done that before, but I'll try it
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 3:05 AM
What letter does each mod start with?

See my edit above for another solution.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 3:11 AM
The enabler starts with b (buyenablerBV) and VOS is c (CJHVisitOtherSimsAL)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 3:32 AM
Try putting a z on the front of VOS.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 3:42 AM
HCDU still detects a conflict, but I'll load up my game and see how it goes
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 3:45 AM
Did you see my edit about the cheat? Some things simply won't work together, but showing a conflict doesn't always mean anything, I have heaps of things showing as conflicts that work perfectly well together.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:01 AM
I tried the cheat, but it still doesn't work. I'll ask Jessa like you suggested. Thanks for your help though ! :D
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:10 AM
What do you mean the cheat doesn't work? The cheat works, did you do it in full or add it to your cheat file?

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:12 AM
Oops, I meant the cheat works, but it didn't enable the inventory
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:14 AM
Ah... well that could be, it's been ages since I used it. That was probably why I switched to a build/buy enabler. It may come down to which one you need more.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:20 AM
Yeah I guess I'll have to choose between them :/
Mad Poster
#16 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 4:54 AM
Chris Hatch is still around. You could maybe ask him about it.