Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 7:10 PM
Default Oh, Fashion!
Hey girls! Since this is "Da Girls Club," I thought it would be the best place to discuss our personal sense of fashion!

How do you define your style?
Any trends that you love/hate?
What is your #1, must have, staple item?
Favorite stores?
Favorite designers? Models?

this thread is all about fashion, so go crazy, chicas!!

----------

Personally, I adore Betsy Johnson and her adorable jewelry!

I don't think I could really define my style in one word. I'd describe it as nautical, casual and classic with a girly twist. I love wearing red, maroon and gray things -- most of my closet are these colors.

My #1 Item would have to be my Express jeans. They are comfortable, and are the only jeans in the world to fit me perfectly!

I don't shop all that much, but my favorite stores are Forever 21, Urban Outfitters, and Anthropologie. Throw in a little bit of H&M and I'm set!

How about you girls?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 8:36 PM
I'm told that my style is dressy and elegant. I like to wear dark wash straight-leg jeans with sweaters or patterned tops; I never wear t-shirts. I like to wear skirts and dresses, too, but what really defines my style are accessories. I love printed scarves, funky belts, and exotic jewelry (one section of my room is filled with boxes and racks of jewelry I've amassed). I constantly wear shoes with high heels, as well, even though I don't need the heel at 5'9- they're very flattering to my long legs and I hate wearing flat shoes. The nicest compliment I've ever gotten about my style was when my lab partner told me that I always look elegant and feminine.

Some of my favorite items are my colorful, flower-patterned scarf, my irreplaceable burnished gold necklace with colored beads (goes with everything), my black pumps, and a pair of dark American Eagle jeans that hug me in all the right places . I'm not really into trends, even though many of them are made for my tall, leggy body type- if what I wear is stylish, then it's great, but I'm not bothered if it isn't "in." Some of my favorite trends are gauchos (I love them with a pair of high wedges), gladiator sandals, and the new scarf trend, which I'm convinced caught on at my school because I've been wearing them for years. I love to shop at Forever 21 (only for accessories- the jewelry room is my heaven), Old Navy, American Eagle (nice jeans), a few select pieces from Target, and Von Maur. My accessories come from allll over- I'll buy them anywhere from a secondhand shop to a department store.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Alchemist
#3 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 8:42 PM
I guess I dress kind of 'alternate'. Usually I wear black trousers/Jeans (Never a skirt unless its a wedding or something), Sometimes a bright top and sometimes a black one, A black jacket and (Usually) my green checkered shoes.

I also don't wear any jewellery apart from one ring and some facial jewellery (Such as my fake stretchers, Ear cuffs and Fake piercings.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 9:27 PM
I guess rock, alternative, goth. I prefer to dress in those, yet I like to elegant. If i'm going out on a movie night with a hubby, I'll wear a summer dress or something. I don't follow any designers, so I don't know. I don't even know any designers o_O My must have item I guees would be jeans. Oh and plaid skirt. It is a must have of mine. Also tank tops. My favorite stores are Hot Topic( lately it is going down hill) and Mandee's I just love the fashion and how cheap it is( comparing to other stores in the mall).

There is me for you.
Scholar
#5 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 9:56 PM
I am so boring . . . I really don't have a certain 'interesting' style or anything. Like many people at my highschool, I wear just layed back types of clothes - Jeans, tshirts, and school hoodies. During the cold months, I wear that, plus either Sperrys or Uggs (not ugg name brand - those are way too expensive for me!) But now, since it's warmer outside, like most, again, I wear jeans, tshirt, either a more light weight school hoodie, or just a jacket, and flipflops. As a matter of fact, I think I wore flipflops everyday this week. My closet does consist of many dressier or "preppy-ish" type shirts and shoes, however I find it uncomfortable to wear that kinda stuff for 8 hours a day, so, I don't wear it. I don't wear any jewlry, even though I have both ears pierced twice, and, I have a VERY expensive class ring (go '10!!), and crap loads of bracelets and necklaces......
Favorite stores? Don't really have any..... I shop where ever. However, I do prefer OldNavy flipflops.... have 5 pair (old ones....last years and year before) now... need more though Flipflops is probably my most favored article of clothing / shoes though... I basically "collect" them, as, I have this one pair that I've never even taken out of the bag and worn! (they are red with screen printed M&M's on them). I'd say I have close to 15 pairs of flipflops....

But, like I said... I have no set style, unless plain jane or generic is a style

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 10:26 PM
How do you define your style? Cozy & laid back with some awesome accessories.

Any trends that you love/hate? I don't really hate anything, but I love, love, LOVE colored skinny jeans with a tight top, flats, and the right accessories.

What is your #1, must have, staple item? My diamond studs. They go with everything, I never take them off.

Favorite stores? American Eagle, Forever 21, Abercrombie & Fitch, Victoria's Secret.

Favorite designers? Models? Betsey Johnson is pretty good. I also like Chanel, although I could never afford it.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 11:59 PM
I've been told that my style is very sophisticated, but I've been losing that lately due to the fact that I don't have any shoes to wear with most of my clothes, so, reluctantly, I've been going a lot more casual.
In summer it gets so hot here, so I generally can't be bothered with more than just a t-shirt/singlet and a pair of shorts.
When winter rolls around, I'm definitely in my element. I wear dark skinny jeans which compliment my long legs, and often team it with a nice jacket of some sort. In winter, despite the fact that my feet tend to get very cold, I always wear a pair of flats. Heels are, unfortunately, banned at my school, so a nice pair of flats is essential for me.
I don't know if it's as popular overseas as it is here, but I absolutely hate the look that the majority of the girls have here. It's overly tight shirts, with the back tied up with a hair tie, and then black leggings with nothing over the top. In my opinion, it looks so bad. I also don't like, no matter how unique it is, the look where people just throw on a whole bunch of clothes which look like rubbish and don't match at all. I think it's fine to have a staple accessory, but not fifty of them. I do like the big beaded necklaces, and I own a fair few myself.
The one item I always have to wear is a necklace. I have two favourite necklaces, but I have about thirty necklaces in total. One of my favourites is a small opal on a gold backing with tiny diamonds all around it, and the other is my name written in Arabic. Hopefully I'll get another favourite for my birthday, because I'm getting another necklace with my name written in Persian from a close family friend.
My favourite stores are Jeans West, Diana Ferrari (I get excellent discounts because I have a loyalty card) and Myer. Jeans West has all of my favourite, well, jeans, but it also has all the coats and cardigans I love. Diana Ferrari has some gorgeous shoes, but I'm in love with their dresses. I get all of my bags and accessories from Myer, as well as a few choice shirts.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 12:27 AM
Ooh, I forgot something. Trenchcoats! I'm so into trenchcoats- I own four of them. I love any coats, for that matter, because I'm always cold and rarely take them off when I go into a store or restaurant. My favorites are the knee-length, belted magenta coat with black buttons and the black coat with gold buttons. The belted waist on the second one is so tight that I feel like I'm wearing a corset sometimes (nothing is ever tight on me because I'm skinny, so it's a weird sensation), but hey, pain is beauty for a woman .

My biggest fashion crisis is big feet. I have the hardest time buying shoes for my "gunboats" as my sister so affectionately calls them. Buying jeans to fit long legs and a narrow waist is hard, too, and even harder because I have very prominent hipbones. If only I was more proportional.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clw8
\Flipflops is probably my most favored article of clothing / shoes though... I basically "collect" them, as, I have this one pair that I've never even taken out of the bag and worn! (they are red with screen printed M&M's on them). I'd say I have close to 15 pairs of flipflops....

I collect flipflops too! I LOVE old navy for their extraordinary prices and cute cute shoes. Last summer, I bought flip flops that were red and white with cherries on them, and wore them basically every day. I could probably make a rainbow spectrum out of all my flip flops. haha

Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
Ooh, I forgot something. Trenchcoats! I'm so into trenchcoats- I own four of them. I love any coats, for that matter, because I'm always cold and rarely take them off when I go into a store or restaurant. My favorites are the knee-length, belted magenta coat with black buttons and the black coat with gold buttons. The belted waist on the second one is so tight that I feel like I'm wearing a corset sometimes (nothing is ever tight on me because I'm skinny, so it's a weird sensation), but hey, pain is beauty for a woman .

I love coats too! Infact, I was just at target the other day drooling over this adorable navy blue trench coat for my trip to Seattle, but unfortunately they didn't have my size . Throughout the winter, I wore a faux-leather jacket that made me feel like an aviator. Love it! My friend has this yellow petty coat that I contemplate "borrowing" every time I go to her house *laugh*
Mad Poster
#10 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 4:11 AM
I'm more of a casual alternative/goth person when it comes to clothing. I usually wear dark blue, black or black with holes jeans, and usually a white, dark purple or black T-shirt. If it's cold, then I will wear a black or white long-sleeve undershirt. Other than my school uniform, I don't wear dresses or skirts, unless it's a wedding. You won't see me in shoes other than black ballet flats or skate shoes, since I love skateboarding.

I hate, hate, HATE dresses and striped/checked clothing, except for the occasional hoodie. I love hoodies, especially my pink and black plaid one, but that's it. Nothing else with a pattern for me, thanks.

I must have my black jeans with the holes in them. Omigosh I love them! I also love my big hoop earrings, but I don't wear them that often anymore.

My fave stores are JayJays and Crossroads. I don't hate places like Target, but I tend to avoid them. They don't have the clothes that suit my tastes. Too girly for me.

Designers? I don't think so. Unless they make goth or alternative clothing, I'm not interested in what they have to sell. Don't even get me started on models either.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 4:43 AM
I'm usually into the more laidback look and I try to purchase clothes that I can wear all year long because of the unpredictable weather. My style is very diverse and it's full of pieces that I love. I like a nice pair of skinny jeans just because they look nice with a lot of items. I'm a hoodie addict and the last time I counted I think I had at least 7. I like flats a lot, despite the fact that half the pairs I own give me blisters and have now scarred my heels. Skirts are always nice for the spring and summer.

I hate high rise jeans. They look so messed up and really don't complement anything.

I always need a nice necklace, it's my absolute must have. Long necklaces are my favourite.

Favorite stores?
Aritzia, TNA, Boathouse, Stitches, Bluenotes, Smart Set, Campus Crew, H&M.

I don't really have one.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 8:45 AM
Hm, just out of random curiosity,
What is the item you are most recognized by?
and
What is your clothing obsession?

Most people I know have an item of clothing or an accessory which people can recognize them by, such as their bags or their necklaces and whatnot. Also, most people I know also have one item which they have an excess number of, whether it be their bags or their hoodies.

For me, most people recognise me by my shoes. I often wear bright yellow Converse, and they stand out in a crowd :P.
And my clothing obsession would have to be bags, there is no doubt about that. I have a massive collection of bags which takes up the top two shelves of my wardrobe. People always question why I need so many, but I need one to go with every possible outfit. Surprisingly enough, I often don't have a bag which compliments what I'm wearing, or isn't big enough. In those cases I just borrow one from my mum .
Mad Poster
#13 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 2:34 PM
My answer to both of the above questions is undoubtedly jewelry. I have an enormous collection of jewelry amassed over the years, and people often tell me that I couldn't be a spy because I jingle so much that they can hear me coming. I'm somewhat associated with high heels, too, seeing as I rarely wear anything else- even my sandals are heeled. I have something of an obsession with bangles above all else, and I feel incredibly naked if my left wrist is uncovered. I love big necklaces, knotted pearls, burnished gold, Indian jewelry... I could go on forever. I just dropped $40 in jewelry and scarves yesterday, as a matter of fact, but it's always so worth it.

PixCii, I love your new avvie. I would kill to touch either one of them like Jensen is touching Jared .

#14 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 5:37 PM
Fav Stores;
Hot Topic
Claire's
Kohl's
Delias (Spelling?)
Sometimes Old Navy...most of the time..no
Mac
The Mall

I like to be myself (:
Mad Poster
#15 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 9:15 AM
Rabid, Haha. I just think Jensen should keep his hands off of my man :P.
Anyway, back on topic:
I wish I could get away with wearing heels. I'm freaky-deaky tall though, and seeing as I already tower over nearly everyone in my grade, heels seem slightly unnecessary.
I wish I could afford to splurge on jewely though. I spend all my money on bags instead though.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 9:53 AM
Slightly? There is always an excuse to wear heels!

Oh-my-gosh I saw this cute top in JayJays today! It was a black v-neck LoveTops brand shirt. Omigosh I have to have it!

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
I wish I could get away with wearing heels. I'm freaky-deaky tall though, and seeing as I already tower over nearly everyone in my grade, heels seem slightly unnecessary.

I'm sure you can get away with it. Like you, I tower over my peers and don't need heels, but I wear them anyway because I love them. My one rule is that I won't wear any heel over three inches because that puts me over six feet tall. Don't let your peers dictate what you can and can't wear- if you want to wear heels, go for it! Be sure you know how to walk in them before you go out, though... I've actually had to give a few friends some pointers .

Forum Resident
#18 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 4:11 PM
^ Ah God, it annoys me no end when people can't walk in heels, yet wear them anyway. They over-bend their knees and the effect is just funny, really. *bop bop bop*
Mad Poster
#19 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 11:06 PM
Oh, trust me. I know how to walk in heels. I can run in heels. I've had a weird experience where I was wearing a pair of four inch leopard print peep-toe heels (for a costume party) and I was chasing after someone who was upset. Whilst wearing the heels :P. Fun times, fun times. Miraculously, I seem to be able to walk better in heels than I can in flats/Converse/sneakers.
#20 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 3:39 PM
How do you define your style? Oh I'm so boring. Right now (since it's still a bit cold) I wear this brown, fleece, hooded jacket that looks like the "working coats" men wear. I wear a lot of plaid shirts and hoodies. I like skinny jeans, and boot cut jeans so I can stuff them in my boots. My boots..ugh. I love them, but they kinda look like men shoes. lol They are brown hiking boots. When I'm not wearing them, it's all about my comfy converse. I have almost every color, but brown is my favorite. I wear a lot of solid color t-shirts, or simple designed shirts. & If I really don't care what I look like, it's all about sweats.

Any trends that you love/hate? I like layering.

What is your #1, must have, staple item? A solid white T-shirt (told you I'm boring)

Favorite stores? I like American Apparel for T-shirts. I mainly buy my clothes online, except for my jeans. I usually buy them at American Eagle. They fit me the best. I'm all about the low prices and comfy fit.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 4:45 PM
i'd have to say that i am really inspired by japanese street fashion, and music as well. i'm kind of like that indie electro girl that loves wayfairers and other clear-lensed geek glasses, 80's sweaters, tube skirts, leggings and tights (YESS!), highwaters, skinny jeans, doc martins, hot shorts, fun dresses, flashy colors, high-waisted stuff, suspenders, huge vintage graphic t-shirts, huge vintage (or new) band t-shirts, casset tape necklaces, and cheap plastic rings.
i seriously wonder what the hell people are thinking when they have their ass hanging out from their pants. that's so unsexy. in like, every single way. i mean, a little bit of underwear isn't that bad, but seriously, when your entire butt is hanging out of your pants, i run away and scream. i don't really like any trends at the moment, i'm out to set them. :D
leggings and tights. i am simply no one without them. i'd rather go naked than not have them.
Favorite stores?
urban outfitters, forever 21, american apparel, asiaJam, express, H&M, modcloth, miss sixty, screaming mimi's, and betsey johnson.
me. no, i'm kidding. i really like betsey johnson. i have an unhealthy obsession for her poofy dresses.
oh, and i worship heidi klum.
What is the item you are most recognized by?
leeeeggggginnngggsss. :D
What is your clothing obsession?
big 80's sweaters, leggings (dear god...) and white doc martins. :D
Mad Poster
#22 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mahenveau
i seriously wonder what the hell people are thinking when they have their ass hanging out from their pants. that's so unsexy. in like, every single way. i mean, a little bit of underwear isn't that bad, but seriously, when your entire butt is hanging out of your pants, i run away and scream.

Ahaha ^^. Normally I would run and scream away from guys who do this, but there is a guy in my year (a close friend of mine) who actually looks fairly decent with half his bum hanging out. It may be because he has a great body, or it could be the Calvin Klein underwear he wears. He is the only person I know who looks mildly sexy with half their butt hanging out.

New question time!

What is your favourite piece of clothing in your wardrobe?

For me, my favourite piece of clothing in terms of comfort would be my baggy tracksuit pants from Supre (the ONLY piece of clothing I will ever buy from that shop. Unfortunately, they're the only shop that has tracksuit pants long enough for my freakishly long legs). In terms of style, my favourite pants are my dark blue skinny jeans. They are freakishly comfortable, but they're starting to get way too short for me in the leg (why won't they stop growing!?!?!), and I'm going to start getting holes in them from too much use. My favourite shirt would be a plain black singlet-y thing from Diana Ferrari, which was an absolute bargain.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PixCii
Ahaha ^^. Normally I would run and scream away from guys who do this, but there is a guy in my year (a close friend of mine) who actually looks fairly decent with half his bum hanging out. It may be because he has a great body, or it could be the Calvin Klein underwear he wears. He is the only person I know who looks mildly sexy with half their butt hanging out.

i have seen such instances myself, actually. i mean, they have to have an insanely great body to pull it off. and a nice pair of undies. :D
Scholar
#24 Old 9th May 2009 at 1:46 PM
My style. Now that is a hard question...
I'm really awkward in skirts, I'm constantly worried about whether people can see my undies when I sit down and such. I'm a big fan of bootleg jeans, shirts with colourful graphics, nothing too low-cut, though I've recently started wearing tank tops.
Oh, and I LOVE hoodies. They are an essential.
I like to look nice, but I don't freak out about it or anything. I keep up with the "trend" but only if I like what's in.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Scholar
#25 Old 15th May 2009 at 1:59 AM
How do you define your style? 'indie', boho, vintage inspired.
Any trends that you love/hate? Mc Hammer pants that just came back into fashion - I can't decide whether i like them or hate them... I suppose you have to have the right body to pull them off. Oh I personally think that *most* things from Supre are quite dreadful.
What is your #1, must have, staple item? Black cardigan, Black Beret or Black stockings.
Favorite stores? Thrift/Vintage/Op shops, Sportsgirl.
Favorite designers? Models? I love Chanel timeless classic pieces and RomanceWasBorn's quirkyness. Although, I can't afford much designer wear, so most of my clothes don't have a brand. Elyse Sewell is my fav model.

And just because I like making these, this is what I wore today:

Page 1 of 2