Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 9:45 PM
Default Sim is hated by whole town. Anyone else?
There's this sim in the game that is hated by everyone in the room as soon as he puts one foot in the door. Traits are photographic eye, creative, evil, and mean spirited. He's a vampire, was arrested for raiding the grocery store a few times, and has fed on a few sims in public.

When he enters the room at some point each sim will put their hands in the air, say "ewwww!", and have a thought bubble of the sim. And my sim hasn't even met them yet!!! Grumpy sims don't go "ewwww!" but they have a rage tantrum instead, with my sims picture in a thought bubble. It was cute at first, but now it's annoying. Even the sims own family do it.

Does anyone else have this or know what it is?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 9:53 PM
Yeah, there's some messed-up thing that EA put in Late Night where any and everyone automatically finds Vampires disgusting. Some Sims even throw-up when around them. It's so messed up.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 10:17 PM
I've seen that happen with sims that aren't vampires. There's one in Bridgeport... argh, I can't remember his name. Male, adult or young adult, dark-skinned, wears a baseball cap type hat and a red and white jersey... has a strange name, like... Big Something? Every time he shows up in the dive bar by the docks, other sims constantly have him popping up in their thought bubbles and give him thumbs-downs and boo him. No idea why they seem to hate him so!

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Inventor
#4 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 10:31 PM
HP, that sounds like Bigg Hartley, a celebrity up on the hill living with Lil Bling. He's not hated in my game. Maybe he did something naughty in yours.
Test Subject
#5 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 11:00 PM
That explains it.. My Sim was at the Vampire Lounge dancing to some music, when all of a sudden I saw some nearby partying Sims vomit everwhere but continue to have fun. I thought it was some bug, anyone else get this?
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 11:22 PM
If I ever get this, I'll edit the appearance of the offending Sim to make him/her really ugly so that the vomiting makes sense :P
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#7 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 8:52 AM
Purity4 - Yeah, that's him! And... weird. I've made several games for testing purposes and he's -always- hated. I don't get it. I find it kind of amusing though.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 10:20 AM
To me it sounds like this vampire sim has the public disgrace moodlet, the reactions described by the OP are the same that happen when my sim is in disgrace; other sims react in the same way to him. BiteSomeoneInPublic is one of the actions one can be disgraced for.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 4:42 PM
There's no public disgrace icon. I hope it's not a bug because being permanently publicly disgraced would suck lol.
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 1:46 PM
speaking of vampires.. i added on vampire sim at sunset valley, and he married on of the girls there and then boom, few days later, i found out that there are like 8 vampires already, 1 policemen, 5 celebrities, and 2 children.. weird.. lol.. and everytime they walk through go out at night, i can see people booing them and giving them weird bubble images.. lol..