Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 11:06 PM Last edited by secondender : 20th Dec 2014 at 12:47 AM.
Default The Yearacy Challenge
The Yearacy Challenge

Explanation
This challenge, as you can probably tell from the title, is a variation of the sims 3 legacy challenge, created by Pinstar. This legacy, however, has 12 generations.
I bet you can guess why.
Mhm, each generation is based off a month. January, February, March, April, May, and all the others I'm wayyy too lazy to put in. It's up to you how you view them, and how you want to theme your house or sims, but I personally think that events or holidays that occur in the month are a good naming theme. Some examples could be Christmas, Valentine, Patrick, etc.
You could even name spawn after units of time. But this challenge is rather loose in it's hold on your game.

Rules
1. You must buy an empty lot. Well, you don't have to, but it makes it more exciting.
2. A single founder is recommended. You can start with two if you like. :lovestruc:
3. NO CHEATING WHATSOEVER.
4. Lifespan must be normal.
5. Mods must not be cheaty. Awesomemod and Mastercontroller are okay.
6. You can resurrect sims and use death flowers, it's up to you.

Examples of Month Requirements ( Optional )

January : Loves the Cold ( ALT: Loves the Outdoors )

February : Heart tattoo on wrist ( ALT: Pink hair tips )

March: Frugal ( ALT: Snob )

April : Have at least 5 children ( ALT: N/A . . It's raining children! )

May : Nurturing ( ALT: Family-oriented )

June : Master the Fishing skill ( ALT: Own a fish for the entire generation without it dying )

July : Athletic ( ALT: Loves the heat )

August : Master the Criminal career ( ALT: Master the Mixology Skill )

September : Have each child go to university ( ALT: Adopt three children [THEY CANNOT BE HEIR] )

October : Have orange hair ( ALT: Master the Ghost Hunter career )

November : Raise 2 horses to adulthood ( ALT: Master the Gardening Skill )

December : Give a 'gift' to each family in town. ( ALT: Don't control anyone besides the founder for the entire generation)

Other Stuffs
I'd love it if you could post pictures of your sims here! <3
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 2:46 PM
Can you make this more detailed? So for example, maybe February sims have to have the Flirty trait and October Sims have to have pumpkin coloured hair?
Test Subject
#4 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 12:09 AM
this sounds cool
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chloewhite33
Can you make this more detailed? So for example, maybe February sims have to have the Flirty trait and October Sims have to have pumpkin coloured hair?

I've done this, thank you for the suggestion!
Instructor
#6 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 4:37 PM
With the new month requirements, it sounds more fun. I think I might try to find a way to weave it into a Random Legacy Challenge.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 7:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
With the new month requirements, it sounds more fun. I think I might try to find a way to weave it into a Random Legacy Challenge.

I wish you luck!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 3:20 AM
I really like this challenge. I started it... now only if I can remember my founders name. but I know I made her last name Years. So original right?

Nobody might see what I see in you, but all I want you to know is your special, to special for words sometimes.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by XoxBElieveXox
I really like this challenge. I started it... now only if I can remember my founders name. but I know I made her last name Years. So original right?

Pahaha, the last name of my founder is 'Yeare'. XD
It would be amazing if you could post a picture? :P
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by secondender
It would be amazing if you could post a picture? :P

Yeah... I would but I can't find the time to take the picture.... So today I found out the founders name is Janurary,,, She married Hendrick Shimmy or something like that... and oh yeah, her first kid is on the way., and oh wait I have a 1 picture of her... [IMG][/IMG]

Nobody might see what I see in you, but all I want you to know is your special, to special for words sometimes.