Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 9:32 PM
Mixology classes or lessons?
So my friend is getting LN whenever and I thought I'd like to stock up on knowledge to help him out with (curse you laptop! play The Sims ) I was wondering if there is any easier way to level up because from the Let's Play i'm watching they still puke out every drink at level 4. And it takes the bomb to level up
- and btw, i know that vampires level up faster at night so don't suggest that -

life's a bitch,
and then you die.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 9:40 PM
Read a book like the other skills.I've seen books at the bookstore and library (after you put in the bookcase). Could be a drink encyclopedia. Sim doing it own his own is spitting out what doesn't work.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 9:55 PM
okay thanks
yeh and anyway on the video it was because testing skill drinks for the first time so they were bound to be crap. The test was that Lola celebrity lady. I. Hate. Her.

life's a bitch,
and then you die.
Inventor
#4 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 9:58 PM
There is also a premade sim family, Alan Stanley and Emma Star, living in a nice house that has a surprisingly clubbish basement with a bar. If you are friends with them, you can go hang out at their house and use their basement bar for practicing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 10:26 PM Last edited by taylorr! : 17th Nov 2010 at 4:19 PM.
Yeh true, cheaper than the 2000 SIMOLEON bar, and real clubs chuck you out because 'your running away *cough non existent* customers away'
Btw thanks guys for the advice it'll help.

life's a bitch,
and then you die.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 10:51 PM
Drinks are a bit like novels in this regard though, - generic skill practice only gets a sim so far. You have to make actual drinks to really get better, with first few batches of any drink better being trashed immediately.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 12th Nov 2010 at 11:29 PM
Don't forget to stock the bar with some decent quality fruit or I don't think you'll get anywhere when it comes to quality.
Eminence Grise
#8 Old 13th Nov 2010 at 2:56 AM
If you live in an apartment building... and don't mind cheating just a tad... add a nice lounge off the lobby with the building edit cheat, and put in a professional bar Then you can make practice drinks and serve em to the occasional walkthrough sim as well. Plus have a space for socializing with your friends and neighbors.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 14th Nov 2010 at 1:00 PM
I'm curious about this, I might have to play around with the mixology next time I play.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 4:53 PM
I found out that you can take lessons at the restaurant, the one in the business centre I think it is. :P

life's a bitch,
and then you die.
Test Subject
#11 Old 18th Nov 2010 at 11:58 PM
There is one of the Mixology challanges to learn drink recipes from clubs how do u do that?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Nov 2010 at 9:03 PM
demon_puppy I think you have to moonlight as a mixologist and then get someone to order a certain drink. They will then have learned how to make that drink and can practice it and make it etc.

life's a bitch,
and then you die.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 20th Nov 2010 at 1:56 AM
Or you can just order and drink them a few times. (Naturally, this won't work until you know how to make a generic drink with the same effect.)
Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 3:00 AM
I have an annoying glitch when my male sim bartends they order but he doesnt do anything it cancels out. Hes maxed in mixology and it cant be any mods cause i play a clean game.
Test Subject
#15 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 4:22 AM
I finally got one of my mixologist sims to moonlight as a bar got another sim to order different types of drinks only to bring my sim home hoping she learned those drinks and no she didnt
Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 26th Nov 2010 at 6:05 AM
You learn the drinks by drinking them. I think my sim also learned a drink by conversing with the mixologist.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by demon_puppy
I finally got one of my mixologist sims to moonlight as a bar got another sim to order different types of drinks only to bring my sim home hoping she learned those drinks and no she didnt

When they have learned them you will get a notification in the the box in the corner, it says something like '[Sim name] has learned a wonderful new drink! [Drink name] is a [type of drink - regular, mood etc] that will [certain type of effect e.g. skill gain]' or summat like that.

life's a bitch,
and then you die.