Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 11:29 AM
Default Where do custom content patterns show up?
Dled some patterns for clothes; all installed fine, but I can't find the new patterns in with the EA patterns in style creation. Is there a special place they go?
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 12:00 PM
They go in the same place as regular patterns, in Create-a-Style.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 12:45 PM
Damn. Do they have a custom tag?
retired moderator
#4 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 12:51 PM
If they're installed either as a sims3pack or in Documents, yes, they should. If they're not showing at all, it's possible the patterns you downloaded are broken; many of the patterns up on the Exchange are completely busted and useless.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 12:48 PM
They'll be easier to find if you click on the 'show custom only' button on the top right of the CAS screen. The symbol looks like an * (asterisk). It should also be on the pattern itself.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 1:22 PM
Yeah did that. Said there was nothing to show. Thanks, looks like I'll have to try downloading them again.
Inventor
#7 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 1:45 PM Last edited by Kestie Freehawk : 1st Dec 2010 at 2:52 PM. Reason: stupidity on my part.
There are two patterns that come with the fanta t-shirt that you can test with. The patterns appear when you select the paintbrush and palet symbol when in buy mode. They can be used as bedspreads or added to wallpaper or counter surfaces.

Download the Fanta T-shirt, there is also a frige, they are free and here are both links;

frige

http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...purchaseHistory

Shirt

http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...purchaseHistory

The patterns with the shirt are not broken
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 2:21 PM
Hmm DLed that and its patterns don't show up either. Is there something you have to do to make custom fabrics show up? All my custom clothing shows up fine.
Inventor
#9 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 2:57 PM
No, I just click on build or buy and then click on the paintbrush and palet, then chose fabrics. I just downloaded 3 from the exchange and they arent good but they show in the same place, where I add fabric to wallpaper.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 3:43 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 1st Dec 2010 at 4:49 PM.
Don't know if this is applicable so, if not, just ignore it but when I first started playing the game, I downloaded a lot of stuff from the Exchange, and I noticed that I couldn't get new patterns to show up in CASt unless they were attached to an object. If I just downloaded the pattern by itself I could never see it, even though the launcher showed it as installed. I can't remember now what the reason was. A lot of times people would post their pattern on a wall section or floor tile which made it possible for me to get the pattern and also see how it would actually look on a wall, for example. I stopped downloading from there over a year ago just to save myself grief.
Inventor
#11 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:30 PM
I know that some patterns don't download well because someone has loaded one that is copywritted and there can be a hold. If they are held they will never appear but they never should have been listed in the first place. Some of the patterns that I looked at still had the I-photo watermark and they will not be exchanged. There was only one pattern of the three that did work from the exchange and looked good on a wall and I think that one is a Wall-Tex pattern that will be gone after a while. Its out of scale but the tesselations work right, and it only has one color channel compaired to the EA stock patterns which can have up to 4 or more. The upshot is for my purposes the ones at the exchange are usless unless I think I need a huge, out of scale pattern that I expect to have dissapear on any given day and I cant change the color on. The other two have a scanner shadow on two of the edges which make an ugly tesselation line and again only one color that will change.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 12:42 AM
Sorry, I was hopeful that this would be something easy but I guess I need it moved to the Help section please.

I got the patterns for the Fanta shirt to show up, so my game isn't rejecting all patterns. Would anyone do me a favour please and tell me if they can get a pattern to show up from here. http://www.all-about-style.com/patterns_historical.html

That would help me tell if the site is broken or if I'm doing something wrong in the download.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 10:52 PM
Nobody?
retired moderator
#14 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 11:07 PM
I think at this point it's something to take up with the creator of those items - or try some other patterns by different creators that show up under fabric.

Good luck!
transmogrified
retired moderator
#15 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 11:03 PM
Charity, if you read the Discussion Guidelines, you will see that Discussion is not the forum to seek help on getting cc to show up. If you're only having problems with these patterns from AAS, I would suggest going back to them for support. If you're not sure that you're installing patterns correctly, the best troubleshooting suggestion would be to find a pattern delivered in the same format (Sims3Pack or package) as the AAS patterns you're having trouble with and install those. If they work, then you know the problem is with the particular patterns.

If you can't get any cc patterns at all to work in your game, feel free to post in the Help section.

Edit: Sheesh, it's like I'm trailing behind HP all day.
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Individual creators support their own work.