Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#126 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nekonyami
Okay, so my sims are doing their stuff and I see this red glow. I zoom in and see....this?

Got that too, and it's the most bizarre thing. That's the ghost color pattern for a vampire that dies of thirst from no plasma. The game says animals can only die of old age (because starving etc animals will be seized by the social worker). However...horses do have a thirst motive in addition to hunger (except it's water of course, not plasma -- oh noes, bloodsucking ponies!). And that horse in particular was part of the Singleton family, which if I recall their storyline is a couple of rich citygoers coming to the country to raise horses and failing at it. That's Glint 2, and their current one is Glint 3, so maybe the game is trying to say, plotwise, that the horse died of thirst/neglect and it's not smart enough to tell the difference between horse thirst and vampire thirst.

Or maybe the horse kills people and feeds on their blood.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#127 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 9:30 AM
Okay, so my sims are doing their stuff and I see this red glow. I zoom in and see....this?

Oh my god I saw him too! The creepiest thing he was nowhere near the cemetery, so I don't know where he died or how? And if you saw him with that exact red/black color then it must be premade. Anyone else got this? It's in the new hood, I had a rider running around the town and suddenly a message says my horse meets a ghost for the first time. I zoom over to her and see this horse a few paces behind, O.O I wonder what this horse is? Anyone care to research as he has now got my interest. And V2.0 Why does it say that?

And yes I got my expansion now and quite good with it. There are a few nitpicks, like the stall or getting into the horse racing place with two horses with which can cause issues. I don't have too much trouble with pathing though, the horses when using the racing/jump hurdle practice stuff goes around whatever is in their way, they did with my house.

Another nitpick is I don't understand how the cat actually learns hunting. And some dogs and the cats with the hit in the face with a pan look really weird (The dogs with collars made it look weird too).

Met my first Unicorn though, damn thing wouldn't move in even when at full relationship with my sim. So I cheated to add him haha.

Oh there is another nitpick. I found a crow and a deer.. the only problem is when I zoom in the two are jet black, the crow is probably intentional (Although it seems even blacker then it should be), but the deer when I zoom out it goes brown but when I zoom in close it turns black. Very annoying, not sure why it does this but I found a turtle and it was the right color.
Eminence Grise
#128 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 9:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
Another nitpick is I don't understand how the cat actually learns hunting.

The cat gets its first skill point in hunting by practicing on toys from the toy box.
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:18 AM
Love, love, love this expansion so far.

I've had no lagging or routing probs, and I ahve to say I'm obsessed with the horses...I want a bajillion foals now!!!! :P

Quick question I'm hoping somebody could answer though; is there a way to check the breed of a dog/cat/horse?

"Those who mind don't matter; and those that matter don't mind" - Dr Suess
Forum Resident
#130 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 11:37 AM
You can also breed Unicorns as I learned as well. They have the horn and a mixture of the mother and father, not sure of the powers but they have the same glow effect and everything.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#131 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 1:29 PM
How does one get a unicorn?
Field Researcher
#132 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 1:59 PM
You find one befriend it and invite it to join the household... however finding one is the tricky part and they teleport so you got to be quick.
Field Researcher
#133 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 2:05 PM Last edited by gelis : 20th Oct 2011 at 2:35 PM.
@secretsim I spotted unicorn at the Appalosa County Water Treatment at night. You can see this cloud looking thingy on map view above the Water treatment when the unicorn is there. The cloudy thingy... Unicorn isn't there every night.

So my sim went there and let the unicorn snif my sims hand and then my sim offered to her an apple. My sim and she became good friends. Then I could ask the unicorn to join the household.

I'm so excited! This game is one of the best EPs so far (and I have been without cc !! well I have couple of Twallans and Buzzler mods, but...). I can't stop playing and those animals are so adorable! I love how I can play the animals too and how they can interact with each others.

HORSIES!! Looking my sim taking care of them makes me want to start going to stables again. Also I'm surprised how well they move, I was expecting legless zombie movement..
So first thing I made in this game is black horse named Gaga. Why Gaga? I don't have any idea why. I don't especially like the singer but I'm starting to like because the horse is so awesome. :D

ETA: First I was disappointed that animals can only get three traits, but in game they can get more, JAY! Lookie here!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#134 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 2:40 PM
Thanks, gelis and kristie!
Test Subject
#135 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 3:53 PM Last edited by Honshu Wolf : 20th Oct 2011 at 4:09 PM.
I don't know if anyone already known this but apparently the age-old glitch where your sims freeze after taking a photograph is... gone! Can anyone confirm this? All the cameras have been working perfectly even if there are active opportunities. OMG, I'm truly in bliss right now.

Extra-note: Here's LGR's take on the Pets expansion pack if anyone's interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02eN2a85Q9U

Inexperienced Sims making baked alaskas = Molotov cocktails.
Test Subject
#136 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 5:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SuicidiaParasidia
oh jesus christ.

http://i462.photobucket.com/albums/...nshot-659-1.jpg

that is all i have to say.
(though perhaps it is a nightmare that might actually match/trump this traumatic image?)

"WHAT HAS SCIENCE DOOOONE!?"
Space Pony
#137 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 6:27 PM

I saw that horse when he died.

I believe the colour is default for all dead animals, cause my dog died of old age and is the same colour.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Lab Assistant
#138 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 7:05 PM
I love the fluffiness of the dogs and the horses are nice. I just haven't seen any wild horses our strays.... do they automatically spawn in old neighborhoods or do i have to do something?

To be, or not to be,
That is the question.
Everyone has a hidden identity!
Scholar
#139 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tusnelda7
I love the fluffiness of the dogs and the horses are nice. I just haven't seen any wild horses our strays.... do they automatically spawn in old neighborhoods or do i have to do something?

Mine did in HS...plus a 3rd party world...
Mad Poster
#140 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 7:18 PM
I have seen lots of deer, raccoons, and wild horses. Good thing for me, there have only been 2 strays come by and usually when my sim sleep. One fell asleep in front of the house. That was from a sims week of gameplay.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Inventor
#141 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 8:20 PM Last edited by Axe Gaijin : 20th Oct 2011 at 9:26 PM.
I'm pleasantly surpriced with all the new clothing, plenty of it, new hair? not so much.

Made a new family of two with a cat and moved them into the house near the cat park In the new 'hood.
Had 3 horses visit my lot that night, I was like

Next morning a deer hopped along the road in front of my house and at night I was visited by more horses and a racoon.... the Dutch title for this EP is well chosen...

Adopted a Horse, got rid of the cat, adopted two dogs, want to see if I can breed them eventually.
New 'hood seems nice, but I still prefer Riverview.
I'm really looking forward to continue building my custom 'hood with all the new items.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Instructor
#142 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 9:04 PM
I'm getting some crashing problems now.
Instructor
#143 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 9:38 PM
These are my first photos ever uploaded. This is my Jockey Ashton!

Ashton and Ash, his horse

I hope this works.
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:02 PM
I only got Pets yesterday, since I live in Australia and that's when it came out.

I went to grab one of my favourite sims from my sim bin to play the game with, but I'd forgotten that I'd removed all of my CC for the installation. Her face looked nothing like it usually did due to the removal of my slider mods, and I was reminded why I used default eyes and skin instead of the EA ones, haha.

Anyway, I ended up making a quick sim. was a little disappointed at the lack of new hair, but that was made up for by the abundance of clothing. The Create a Pet tool, which I did not download the demo for, so this was my first try, was very detailed, especially with my animals' coats. I ended up making a bubblegum blue horse, with hot pink hair and stars on its rump, like a cutie mark!

I haven't played it much, since it only came out here yesterday, and I'm busy, but what I've seen so far ingame looks good. After giving up on my little family, I went into one of the premade families. The last name was Love something something, but I don't really remember very well. It contained a girl with a fluffy white cat, anyway. In her bio, it hinted that she 'wasn't all she seemed to be', and then in her bedroom it had a horse's bridle hanging on the wall, a saddle on a holder, complete with a wall length mirror, pictures of lips and erotic lighting, so I'm thinking that this nice blond girl has a hardcore pony fetish. I thought it was really clever and good for this EP, although I was surprised at EA's imagination.

SO, my first impression is all positive so far. I just hope that my core mod gets updated soon!
Field Researcher
#145 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:08 PM
Ladyhawke, sorry but we can't see those pictures.

Am I just extra nitpicky or does that billet location irritate anyone else?

I can't look at it... I'm not kidding. The billet goes middle of the horse's stomach. NO. WRONG.

But I still love this game, but the billet.. my sims will ride bareback.
Instructor
#146 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:15 PM
Working on making the pictures smaller...

I have yet to be able to have my sims read the paper...

And apparently I can't resize anything to save my life.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#147 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:16 PM
I love Twallan and without his mods, Generations was completely unplayable for me. I added the updated mods (Overwatch, Errortrap, MasterController) to my Pets game but unfortunately it didn't fix the lag. Those mods used to perform miracles for me. I have a custom-built computer but I'm thinking the graphics card isn't good enough. I may order another one. I never really had much lag issue before (total freezing, yes, which Twallan's mods helped fix).
Instructor
#148 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:17 PM
You can't see them? Hmmm. I can. I wonder what I am doing wrong.
Inventor
#149 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
The cat gets its first skill point in hunting by practicing on toys from the toy box.

I've had mine skill up with the pounce interaction with other cats, at least one skill bar anyway. I haven't looked to see if they make it to level two with cats. This has happened with at least two cats in my household.

One of my male cats (Inkheart) sniffed another male (Bacon Bits) and I got the pop up text that warned that having too many relationships can be harmful, as if Inkheart was cheating on his mate, Russia, with Bacon Bits. When I looked in their scrapbook, it didn't give any indication that relationships were something that animals care about.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Field Researcher
#150 Old 20th Oct 2011 at 11:06 PM
@LadyHawke: I can see them; you're not doing anything wrong.
Page 6 of 11