Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 9:32 PM
Default Make up: Everything about it!
I haven't seen a thread like this. And I hope it is fine.

What kind of make up you use? what is your must have equipment? What you can't go out with? Why? what make up you just cant stand? why?

I use dark and naturals tones. I prefer my make up to match the stuff I wear and no way in hell I will wear green or blue make up! I can't go out without eyeliner. It is my must do. In my make up bag I must have at least 1 eyeliner, mascara and eyeshadows, And I will satisfied! what about you laydeez?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 10:01 PM
I don't wear makeup. Well, on super special occasions I'll throw on some eyeliner and lip gloss, but that's it I have naturally really long, thick, and dark eye lashes, so, I for one DO NOT need mascara, and really don't need eyeliner either. And, because I don't dress up fancy or anything, that explains my not wearing anything else....

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 10:21 PM
I mostly don't wear any makeup except for mascara. Being a blonde, my eyelashes are super-light, so I use mascara to make them stand out. Sometimes I will also use a white eyeshadow on my inner corners to make my eyes appear brighter.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Alchemist
#4 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 10:24 PM
I hardly wear makeup (Mostly because I simply cannot be bothered) But sometimes I will wear heavy green eyeliner :D
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 10:35 PM
I try to wear very natural base make-up; I hate people who wear orange foundation and try to make their skin appear a different color than it truly is. I'm not really into whacky eyeshadow (or any eyeshadow, for that matter- I stop at mascara). I have very fair skin (so fair that even the lightest shade of foundation is a tad too dark for me), so I have to wear a lot of blush and rouge to play it up so that I don't look like a complete ghost. I love bold red lipstick, too- pale, highly blushed skin and bold red lips contribute to a very retro glam appearance, which I strive for. I like L'Oreal and Ulta make-up, and I love my fire-engine red Rimmel nail polish, because my nails are always painted red and nothing else.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Field Researcher
#6 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
I have very fair skin (so fair that even the lightest shade of foundation is a tad too dark for me), so I have to wear a lot of blush and rouge to play it up so that I don't look like a complete ghost.

Same here! I have yet to find a foundation light enough for my skin, which is why I don't wear it.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 11:44 PM
Most of the girls at my school pile on their make up, and it makes them look really cheap and trashy. I only wear a little bit of mascara and some eyeliner, but only if I'm really bored. Most days I just get up and go, so it's only if I'm going out somewhere nice that I'll dress up.
I never wear eyeshadow because it makes me look even more tired than I already am, and I just can't be bothered with blush or anything else.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 11:59 PM
I wear hardly any makeup compared to most girls I know.

My skin is on the dry side, but it's relatively nice overall when I keep it moisturized, so I don't bother with foundation for my everyday look. Mostly, I wear mascara and concealer to cover up the dark circles under my eyes (LOL - I think they go along with my fair skin). And I always keep lip balm/gloss or even chapstick on my lips. But that's about it! I love my quick morning routine.

Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 12:28 AM
I don't wear makeup on a day-to-day basis. I'm way too lazy, and I'd much rather sleep then get dressed for school in the morning. However, when I do wear makeup, I like to go all out and wear absolutely outrageous colors (in eye makeup).

I'm about to go to a 90's throwback dance now, and I'm wearing eyeshadow I blended together to looked like a peacock. (Yellow, blue, green, black eyeliner, etc...)

I'm half-Viet, so I like to play up my eyes a lot. I don't ever wear lipstick; if I wear anything on my lips, it's usually lip balm. If I'm going somewhere I have to really dress up, I'll wear a gloss. I absolutely have to have eyeliner if I'm wearing makeup. It doesn't matter what color, since I'm all about the outrageous colors anyhow. I'm dark complected, so I don't need bronzer or anything. I do a cover-up and my shadow. LancĂ´me is the shadow I use, as a matter of fact.

I've been trying to do a throwback to a glam look lately, drawing the cateyes with liquid liner, but I don't wear lipstick, so the effect is somewhat muted.

Loff
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Mar 2009 at 8:27 PM
I wish I didn't have to wear make up, but unfortunately I was "blessed" with ugly red blemishes and gross under-eye circles. Also, being a blonde, I almost always wear mascara otherwise I look like I just got out of bed *laugh*

My routine is basically...
1) primer
2) light nude mineral foundation
3) tan eyeshadow with a line of dark brown eyeshadow right above my lashes
4) champagne color right on the crease and on the inside of my eye
5) tan eyeshadow right under my lower lashes
6) water-based black mascara
7) light pink blush on my cheeks and a little on my nose

that's basically it! I really can't pull off any bright colors very well-- at least I haven't tried very many times.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 3:20 AM
Wow, emmaline, you have quite the routine! Mine goes in this order:

1. Light mineral foundation (I don't really need it, but it evens out my skintone).
2. Cream blush.
3. Translucent powder.
4. Powder blush.
5. Blue-black mascara (really enhances my blue eyes).
6. Lip color (usually red, but sometimes peach or pink).

Has anyone heard about the trick to determine the color of your skin? I've been told that the shade of the veins in your wrist can lend validity to whether you're cool-skinned or warm-skinned. If your veins are blue-ish, then you're cool-skinned, but if they're purple-ish, you're warm-skinned. I've yet to meet anyone with purple veins, but I'm very cool-skinned.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#12 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 3:42 AM
My everyday make up style =

1. Black eyeliner on the bottom lid
2. Shimmering facial whip on the top lid (from elf)
3. Either Black,Turqoise,Gray,Teal,OR any other pretty color for eye shadows
4. Brown and black mascara
5. Cover up
6. Pale blush on my cheeks
I like to wear dark make up, and not light..I like make up that brings out my eyes!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 5:49 AM
My routine:

1. dark eyeliner on both lids
2. Eye shadows(depending on clothes, so it matches, cept nothing green or blue)
3. Mascara
4. Lipgloss.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 6:56 AM
My routine? Very boring.

1. Black eyeliner on bottom lid.
2. Black mascara.
3. Lipbalm.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 7:05 AM
This isn't in order, but:

I usually put some black eyeliner on the bottom lid, put on some black mascara and some black or dark grey eye shadow. I put on some foundation that isn't too far from my natural skin colour, then put on my fave gloss that smells like chai, but doesn't show up too much. I try not to look trampy like all the other girls that go to my school and have inch wide eyeliner marks and all of this red blush and crap, so I avoid blushes and sharpen my eyeliner pencil all the time. :P

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 8:10 AM
Has anyone heard about the trick to determine the color of your skin? I've been told that the shade of the veins in your wrist can lend validity to whether you're cool-skinned or warm-skinned. If your veins are blue-ish, then you're cool-skinned, but if they're purple-ish, you're warm-skinned. I've yet to meet anyone with purple veins, but I'm very cool-skinned.

Very interesting. I have purple-ish veins, but I never would have thought of myself as warm-skinned, as I'm very pale.

My date routine (as it's the only time I wear much makeup):

1. First, I apply a powder foundation to even out my skintone (I have very rosy cheeks).

2.Then, I line my lower lid with brown eyeliner. With the same color, I line the very outer corner of the top lid to make my eyes appear bigger.

3. I finish off the liner by applying chocolate shadow on top of the eyeliner with an eyeliner brush. This way, the eyeliner stays put.

4. After lining the eyes, I apply a bit of mascara on the top lashes.

5. I finish off with a smidge of bronzer and lip gloss.

Very boring, I know. But it looks natural, which is definitely a plus.

Mad Poster
#17 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 11:05 AM

I'm very cool-skinned. Just ask anyone who has had to hold my hands .
Though I have to say, being cool-skinned has it's benefits.
Forum Resident
#18 Old 29th Mar 2009 at 12:20 PM
My morning routine is get out of bed waaay too late, scrub my face with a flannel, brush my hair and go. XD I just cannot be bothered with makeup, and I have yet to find the right sort of colours and such that don't make me look washed out. I have weird skin. I'm pale but quite blotchy. I try not to draw attention to my face! XD

If I am going somewhere really nice I'll smudge black eyeliner on my top lid or dab a bit of brown shadow with white in the corners (or blue to go with my oft *chipped* nail varnish -_-) and for my lips put on a cherry or strawberry lipbalm. My lips are really small and curved, so wearing dark lip colours makes them look ultra tiny on my face.

Ugh.
Instructor
#19 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 9:58 PM
I couldnt and dont, unless its an emergency, go out with no make up on. (only time i did that i can remember was when my dad had a stroke and i had to go to the hospital)

My routine would be
1 - Concealer, foundation (liquid and powder)
2 - Eye brows (i have to help thicken them a little and blend it in with my own, not like some who just draw a line lol)
3 - Eye shadow - Bright green in the inner eye area, blended out to a darkish blue, then out to a dark purple colour. Some may say its too much but i dont think it is.
4 - Eye liner. Just on the lower lids
5 - Curl my eye lashes. Great trick i learned. if you have just simple metal ones, a quick blast with your hair dryer so theyre just warm, helps to give a greater curl and makes it stay longer.
6 - Mascara and browny/coral lip gloss.

Then im good to go lol
Top Secret Researcher
#20 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 10:13 PM
My make-up consists of foundation, mascara and blusher/bronzer.

My Rountine
1. apply some moisturizer,
2. after the moisturizer has dried i put on my foundation (then wait for it to dry),
3. then i'll do my bronzer/blusher,
4. then i'll quickly culr my eyelashes then do my mascara, i do both top and bottom lashes,
5. lastly i'll dab on some light pink or clear lipgloss.

i will not, not, not, not, not, not (ever in a million years) leave my house without atleast foundation on.
because of crappy school rules we arent allowed out nails painted (only allowed clear or french mani) but i break the rules and have mine a pale pink colour from barry m's range which is discreet but still nice. out of school i wear whatever colour matches my outfit.
I would never leave my house without straightening my hair either, it's not wavy, just kinky, if i'm only walking but dog i'll tie it up in a messy ponytail and straighten my side fringe but every where else i'll straighten it, it's no biggie as it only take me 20mins-30mins.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Forum Resident
#21 Old 30th Mar 2009 at 10:17 PM
Wow, Charley, it just made me chuckle because I curl my hair at every chance I get! XD
Mad Poster
#22 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 9:10 AM
Straightening my hair takes so long. I always just sweep it up into a messy bun, but it works. I don't worry about how my hair looks, just how my outfit does.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 10:28 AM
I will not leave the house without straightening my hair! It's too short to wear in a bun or a ponytail or anything, so I must must MUST, have it straightened. :D

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 10:32 AM
If I wear my hair in a ponytail it looks like a hair explosion at the back of my neck :P. So that's why I opt for the bun. I always have a few curls hanging out around my face, so it looks purdy.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 31st Mar 2009 at 8:14 PM
gemma: i do curl my hair withh my mums super cool curlers, but only for special occasion because it takes a while- straighting is much more easier for me, plus i had my hair permed in yr 8 at school for about 9 months and it bugged me having it curly everyday. lols.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'

Page 1 of 3