Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 11 of 23
Test Subject
#251 Old 16th Jul 2011 at 11:25 PM
Okay, I figured it out. My computer made WinZIP my default program and apparently it won't open rar files - so when the option came to run the file I had to select WinRAR and open it that way. Hope this helps you, Lilynadine.
Test Subject
#252 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 2:45 PM
Default Custard
Are you still working on Custard and does it still work? This is an old Thread.
Test Subject
#253 Old 23rd Jul 2011 at 3:12 PM
Hey Duckies I got a .net frame work failure on my win 7 32 bit. Will that affect error cod 12 running and a general failure of DX 9 starting the engine.? Which will effect the sims packs and them functioning correctly or the game going to a error code 12?
Lab Assistant
#254 Old 25th Jul 2011 at 7:53 AM
This tool save a sims3pack that had sims in it that has not installed in a year and a half ever since the patch that caused some CC to cause blue lots ....I ran it through the custard and removed the CC and boom i have my sims back.. Just though i would say thanks for that.
Test Subject
#255 Old 28th Jul 2011 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by crinrict
If you have an example of such a faulty window you should upload/link it here. It might help Delphy.

i need ur help i cant install it...! it says i wont respond...help i need this sooo bad!! So i click on the rar. and open WinRAR and then i right click extract.... i put it on the desk top and when i click it, it says its not responding, so i choose check for a problem... and it says it wasent installed right!!! help....plzz
Test Subject
#256 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 4:12 AM Last edited by mgsfan316 : 1st Aug 2011 at 4:17 AM. Reason: accidentally included duplicate screenshots
How do I tell if a part of the file is corrupt?

Sorry I never saw a readme in the unzip and didn't see a tutorial(or a link to one) in the post with the download for this tool. The reason I am asking is it shows a world file in red but I don't think it is corrupt I could be wrong though.)I have a screenshot below. It is the Red Sands World if anyone knows about it

Inventor
#257 Old 7th Aug 2011 at 9:55 AM
World files always show as corrupt. Don't worry about those. That file is fine.
Scholar
#258 Old 8th Aug 2011 at 6:49 PM
I have packaged a lot that I know has s3pack files in them and they don't show in custard. I've had no problems before, this just started happening. Any ideas?
Inventor
#259 Old 9th Aug 2011 at 10:10 PM
How do you know it has Sims3Pack in there ?
Scholar
#260 Old 11th Aug 2011 at 1:49 PM
Because I'm using CC that I know is in s3pack format. I have a particular plant for instance that I use in just about every build and that isn't even showing up anymore. I talked to my forum partner the other nite and she tells me she is having the same issue.

Guess we'll do some investigating since we seem to be the only ones having the problem. Thanks for the response, crinrict.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#261 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 8:04 AM
cameranutz2: I don't get what you are saying. You said "it has s3pack files in them". What do you mean? Custard scans Sims3Pack files. It can't scan zip or rar or any other files for whats inside. So I have no idea what you are trying to do.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
#262 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 3:15 PM
Hi Delphy.

I think I'm doing something wrong. I hope you would like to help me.

I open your program and open a sim I want to clean up. The first screenshot shows you what i get. The first thing I do is fix corrupted. Then I get what you see in the second sreenshot. Then i "uncheck" the last two files, the two named naked and so on... and chose save...

Then I close the program and open it again and open the new file, but then i get what you see in the third sreenshot...

What am I doing wrong? I appreciate you taking time for a newbie like me.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#263 Old 12th Aug 2011 at 7:24 PM
Default Unhandled Exception
I received an "unhandled exception" error when trying to open the .Sims3Pack that I had just cleaned and saved. I am running Windows 7 64-bit with Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.30319. Please let me know if you need further information. Thanks for your work on this!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Amelias_Victorian_No_CC.zip (3.77 MB, 11 downloads)
Description: Contains lot to be cleaned and exception details
Lab Assistant
#264 Old 22nd Aug 2011 at 8:24 PM Last edited by coffeebreak : 22nd Aug 2011 at 9:11 PM.
Wow, it was only after reading the list of bug fixes did it occur to me that holy cow, how complicated it is to write even a "simple" little program. Dang, Delphy's awesome!! :D

But, I have batches of simpacks to test and this thing only does one at a time. What is everyone else doing to test your entire folder for incompatible files? The error I'm getting seems to come and go, without any pattern to it.
Test Subject
#265 Old 29th Aug 2011 at 10:35 PM
Default help with sims3cleaner
Hi Dephyl.I am new to all od this CC downloads and installing.

I am having trouble with this cleaner thing. None of my extracted Sims3Packs are showing up in the program. Even when I try to install the Sims3Cleaner program in the x86 folder --none of my sims3packs are showing up when I scan folders. I have Windows & Ultimate & 64-bit operating system.
Test Subject
#266 Old 3rd Sep 2011 at 6:31 AM
I just had a quick question. Can you only select one pack to look at, at a time or multiple?

Just curious thanks
Test Subject
#267 Old 9th Sep 2011 at 10:06 AM
Hiya!! I downloaded this because my game runs soooo badly and i really want to know exactly what files i need to unistall. When i got an actual sim up some of the lines in it was highlighted orange...i was wondering what that meant..does that mean that it is corrupted?? Thanks
Test Subject
#268 Old 28th Sep 2011 at 7:07 PM
Default Question
Hi there, I was told about this wonderful program by a friend and was wondering if it worked on Mac's or if there is someplace I can download one for a Mac
Thank you SO much
Test Subject
#269 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 7:31 AM
Hallo, Delphy! Thank you for the great program, very helpful indeed! The only thing i wanted to ask you or anyone here that could answer to me, is whether the files that appear in pink is corrupted or have any trouble as well as the ones that appear in red. This is to say the thumbnails. Do i have to fix them somehow or do something else with them? Thank you anyway.
Test Subject
#270 Old 4th Oct 2011 at 4:00 PM
Everything is ok, i finaly found the answer above. Thumbnails always appear pink. But thanks anyway for the great program!!!
Test Subject
#271 Old 7th Oct 2011 at 12:01 AM
I am so confused! Perhaps it's my headcold, or perhaps it's the lack of "Sims3Pack Help for Dummies." I have spent the last few hours trying to find out if there's a way to fix this DBPF within a DBPF thing, but all I can gather is NO. But I do find some references to unpacking a Sims3Pack somehow, but there is no direct instructions on how to do so. Is there a super-secret (I should add *user-friendly*) program somewhere that one must pass a special initiation to obtain? Or do I just give up and delete anything with the error message "Corrupt (Contains another DBPF)"? Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#272 Old 9th Oct 2011 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wyndsong
I am so confused! Perhaps it's my headcold, or perhaps it's the lack of "Sims3Pack Help for Dummies." I have spent the last few hours trying to find out if there's a way to fix this DBPF within a DBPF thing, but all I can gather is NO. But I do find some references to unpacking a Sims3Pack somehow, but there is no direct instructions on how to do so. Is there a super-secret (I should add *user-friendly*) program somewhere that one must pass a special initiation to obtain? Or do I just give up and delete anything with the error message "Corrupt (Contains another DBPF)"? Thanks so much!

I was having a similar problem with lots. In some cases, all I had to do was check the line with the error message and go to the top of Custard and click the FIX button, from the drop down, click on 'Corrupted'. After the program processed the command, the red-lined item would no longer be red, nor show the error code. At that point, I saved the file. After re-entering the file with custard, after I saved the corrected content, any additional content (mostly pictures) would be labeled as corrupt, so make sure to delete the pictures before saving (or just uncheck and resave after re-entering). Some files were not able to be fixed, so don't use them - contact the creator.

Hopefully, this helps.

I could use help also:

I'm having a problem saving files after unchecking unwanted content. There are a lot of things I don't want in Store 3 packs, so I will uncheck the items I don't want to keep and hit the 'save' button. When I re-enter the file, all the objects are still listed, and I get an error code. Obviously, I'm doing something wrong, or store files really don't like to be edited out! Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

[
Test Subject
#273 Old 23rd Oct 2011 at 7:34 PM
Hi there Delphy,

First of all, thanks for this lovely mod.
I would like to clarify something here, is it me or does this apply to everyone that we are only able to select 1 file?
Test Subject
#274 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 1:08 AM
Hi Delphy. Are you still working on it? Is it still alpha project? When can we expect the final release of this tool?
Instructor
#275 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 10:36 AM
Arrg! Error!
The program wont let me open the new file to check to see if I corrected everything... Below is the error report:

I got so excited when I found this program because I thought it would allow me to extract objects from lots/worlds but, I'm getting the impression that it can't...how would I go about doing that?

22 I will give him the key to the house of David. When he opens doors, no one will be able to close them; when he closes doors, no one will be able to open them.
Page 11 of 23