Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

CUSTARD Sims3Pack Cleaner

by Tashiketh Posted 6th Feb 2010 at 11:52 PM - Updated 17th Oct 2018 at 2:49 PM by Tashiketh

555 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 482 Feedback Posts, 72 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 23
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#301 Old 9th May 2012 at 10:34 PM
You can always just attach the file to your posts in this thread..

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
dodgy builder
#302 Old 9th May 2012 at 10:56 PM
yes, I just wanted to test if your engine picks up the stucco as well. You probably don't need that, or what?
Test Subject
#303 Old 8th Jun 2012 at 4:10 PM
Default can't download Custard?!
Custard question, I'm honesty not good at computers and all that stuff with downloading etc. And I've been recomended this site and downloade Custard but I'm not getting it. I can't understand where I'm downloading it? I've read almost everything, and tried to push the button download, but I always get wronk cookie etc. So can somebody help me, I'm also new here so don't know this page good enought so please send me answer on the inbox It would be verry nice if someone first send me a message please take your time to put in a link with the downloade of custard
Lab Assistant
#304 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 2:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KatieC
Custard question, I'm honesty not good at computers and all that stuff with downloading etc. And I've been recomended this site and downloade Custard but I'm not getting it. I can't understand where I'm downloading it? I've read almost everything, and tried to push the button download, but I always get wronk cookie etc. So can somebody help me, I'm also new here so don't know this page good enought so please send me answer on the inbox It would be verry nice if someone first send me a message please take your time to put in a link with the downloade of custard

If you are signed in to MTS2, you shouldn't get the "wrong cookie" message and you should be able to download. To answer your question about where you should download, on post #1 you can find a link in the outlined box at the bottom of the post. I'm not sure if the download included in the first post was updated as the program progressed, so when you read through the thread, check for links in Delphy's responses. Hopefully, you will be able to navigate your way back to this thread and your questions are adequately answered.

[
Test Subject
#305 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 4:03 PM Last edited by mwjessica : 14th Jun 2012 at 3:48 AM.
Delphy, I wanted to give you a heads up on something: It appears that after the Sims 3 official site maintenance yesterday, they changed something with the Exchange items. Everything I download from the Exchange shows up as corrupt in Custard, where it didn't before. Anyway, not sure if there's anything for you to do, but thought I should at least mention it. Thanks!

Edit: Removed note about download size, as that's completely unrelated. Also, it definitely sounds like an unintended issue on EA's end (big surprise!), so it's probably not something you need to accommodate by updating your program.
Test Subject
#306 Old 15th Jun 2012 at 9:19 PM
I have a question. I just started using Custard and was testing it on a store item. There are some objects that have just a - for the description. What are these? Also the thumbnail is highlighted yellow. Dos this mean I should remove it? There is a column object that is listed 3 times but all with different size. Are they duplicates?

Forum Resident
#307 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 7:35 AM
About the thumbnail, they're not really needed as game will generate one if there's none, so that's why they're yellow.
If nothing shows up as red, generally nothing is needed to be done with the sims3pack.
Also be aware that this program is still in beta and as such have flaws, so before attempting to remove something make sure you have a backup of any sims3pack/s you try to fix, because they can render up useless.
Test Subject
#308 Old 16th Jun 2012 at 5:14 PM
Ok thank you for the information. I'm new to using this program and just wanted to know.
Test Subject
#309 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 5:43 AM
I don't understand how I locate the files to delete shown above!
Forum Resident
#310 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 9:47 AM
Everything the program show is inside the sims3pack so you can't find them any where.
Just click on the box with the check mark to remove, when saving, anything that is unchecked will be removed from the sims3pack.
Just be sure to have a backup first as things can go wrong.
I usually try to open the sims3pack again and if it opens and what you removed is gone everything is usually ok but if programs throw an error and don't open it something went wrong, i usually delete it then as it proberly wont work any way, i most of the times keep the backup but i don't install it to game especially not if it have something that is shown as red.
Test Subject
#311 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 2:59 AM
why doesnt this work on mac?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#312 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 6:57 AM
clappyton becuase I never wrote it for macs.

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#313 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 4:58 PM
It seems that ever since updating my game to 1.34 (I don't know if that's what is causing this, it just seems to be the only thing I've changed) I can't change Sims3Packs anymore. If I attempt to remove something from the pack and save as, it appears to work. I get the new file. However, when I try to open the new file, it tells me that an unhandled exception as occurred and a LocalizedDescription start tag on such and such line doesn't match the endtag of LocalizedName on another line.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
#314 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 5:57 PM
I'm still on 1.33 and i get that error now & then, i also got it before i updated to 1.33, so i don't think it's related to the game version, i belive it's more related to the sims3packs them self, something goes wrong when saving them.
To me it looks like on some sims3packs one can't remove stuff.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#315 Old 2nd Jul 2012 at 6:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Belzader
I'm still on 1.33 and i get that error now & then, i also got it before i updated to 1.33, so i don't think it's related to the game version, i belive it's more related to the sims3packs them self, something goes wrong when saving them.
To me it looks like on some sims3packs one can't remove stuff.

That makes sense too. Guess that world from the exchange that is refusing to install because I don't have HELS will just have to be sent to the recycle bin for permanent time out.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#316 Old 16th Jul 2012 at 8:29 PM
Question the files that show up that have no description but a type Sims 3 Package do they need to be left in? Also do I have to do a debug (Dump XML) on every package?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#317 Old 17th Jul 2012 at 8:40 AM
dreamcatcher: You only have to do a dump xml if you want to share the xml with me to help debug. It's not needed otherwise. If files have no description but say Sims 3 Package then I would advise extracting it and checking it in, say, S3PE, to see what it actually is.

Lab Assistant
#318 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 10:16 PM
I have been told my Sims have bad CC on them I don't have any CC on the Sims even base Game Items are being Highlighted in yellow can You explain this to me? Non of my uploads prior to updating my game have this issue.
Test Subject
#319 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 8:47 AM
I tried to open a .sims3pack file , it did show up but the only preview image I could see is the thumbnail of the store set , the other files don't have any. What should I do?
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#320 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 9:21 AM
devil0210: Thumbnail images are only supported for a small subset of package files, not all of them.

daethaqt3000: Can you send me a screenshot of this?

Test Subject
#321 Old 22nd Jul 2012 at 8:57 PM
Default Glad it's Not Just Me!
Quote: Originally posted by mwjessica
Delphy, I wanted to give you a heads up on something: It appears that after the Sims 3 official site maintenance yesterday, they changed something with the Exchange items. Everything I download from the Exchange shows up as corrupt in Custard, where it didn't before. Anyway, not sure if there's anything for you to do, but thought I should at least mention it. Thanks!

Having the same issue. Things I downloaded from the Exchange after 7/15/12 are getting flagged with the "Not a DBPF file" error when I check them with Custard. Even patterns, which are not usually an issue.

I hope this gets fixed soon; I assume it is an EA issue....I rely on this wonderful program to keep my game running smoothly!!!
Test Subject
#322 Old 23rd Jul 2012 at 1:33 PM
Hi,
I just started using this tool because I wanted to download a world. I wasn't able to attach the file as it was too big to upload. It can be found here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/93326200/Un....%20..Sims3Pack
This world showed that it had some CC in the file as well, which I wanted to remove.
So I removed it and then saved the file. When I try to reopen the file it gives me an error. It says something with EntityName. Line 7. Position 154.
I wanted to include the details of the error, however this is mainly in Dutch so I didn't include it.
I did find out that it shows similar things to what other people posted, about the JIT thing.

Hope you can help though!
Theorist
#323 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 12:40 AM
Once I remove CC from a file I've never been able to open it again with Custard. So I think that's normal.

I'm also seeing the corrupt messages on files that are checked with custard. I'm also pretty sure this is an EA forum error because it happened one other time.

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Forum Resident
#324 Old 24th Jul 2012 at 9:32 PM
I just had that same thing happen and was wondering what was going on. I didn't try to install them since I wasn't sure if they were ok to install or not like that. So is it just an error on the official site's part?
Test Subject
#325 Old 25th Jul 2012 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I just had that same thing happen and was wondering what was going on. I didn't try to install them since I wasn't sure if they were ok to install or not like that. So is it just an error on the official site's part?

I'd like to know that as well - right now I'm just holding a folder on my desktop of stuff to check....
Page 13 of 23